Reply To: Some notes on Dara Marks' Transformational Arc

About Forums Den of Writers Blogs Some notes on Dara Marks' Transformational Arc Reply To: Some notes on Dara Marks' Transformational Arc

Raine
Participant

Sorry @daedalus – for some reason your latest didn’t appear till after I’d posted the above. Really interesting breakdown there, I’d seen the film, and it came across to me (many moons ago, I admit) as extremely captivating and clever but essentially typical alpha-male adventure type thing. But no! PErhaps I should watch it again to pick up on all these nuances cos I think you are right – there are some beautifully demonstrated progressions here. And as for the ones i.e. Ratbags Crow (love that name) who seem more static – I think that makes sense too. Not everyone can be progressing through ‘the arc’ in synchrony, or in its entirety & some people won’t be progressing at all, because they are stuck at one stage or another. Wow, dead impressed both with your analysis, and with the cleverness of the film, which I guess is what has made it such a classic!