Reply To: FAQ: How to use the Lifeboat

About Forums Den of Writers The Writers’ Lifeboat FAQ: How to use the Lifeboat Reply To: FAQ: How to use the Lifeboat

Jean Davison
Participant

I haven’t got the hang of using this site yet so I hope I’m putting this in the right place.
Just wondered if anyone else is having a problem with the Times New Roman font, 12 pt? This is the font in which agents or competitions often want submissions. It used to be fine for me, but for some time now I find that text I send or receive in this font does not read properly when opened on my screen. I use a desktop PC with Windows 10 and the word processor package I use is Word). It blurs some of the letters out and is virtually unreadable, though okay when I print out the document. I don’t know if it’s just like this on my screen or if the recipient will find my document hard if not impossible to read on screen. I don’t know how to fix this and it makes me concerned about submitting to agents or competitions. Other fonts, such as Ariel, are okay when I open the document on screen, but often submission requirement is to use Times New Roman.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Jean Davison.