Reply To: Reading Times New Roman doc on screen

About Forums Den of Writers The Writers’ Lifeboat Reading Times New Roman doc on screen Reply To: Reading Times New Roman doc on screen

Jean Davison
Participant

Sorry, I’m not explaining this very well as I’m finding it hard to explain what I mean.

Yes, if I type up, say, my synopsis in Times New Roman in Word and save it in a folder in Word, I have no problem when I open it again to look at, print, or edit. But to send the synopsis to an agent, I go into my email programme (gmail) and send it by email attachment. If I then go into my ‘Sent’ mail and open the attachment there (by clicking on the attachment in the email I sent to them) to check what it looks like, there is this problem in viewing on the computer screen. And same problem when I receive an email with an attachment in Times New Roman when I click on the attachment in the email to open it. For years I did this exactly the same and had no problem until more recently, though I haven’t changed any settings.
You’ve just given me an idea. I’ll set up a different email programme and see if it still happens then. Maybe it’s something to do with gmail.