Reply To: Monthly comp – August

About Forums Den of Writers Monthly Competition Monthly comp – August Reply To: Monthly comp – August

Baz Baron
Participant

Food for thought children. Sleep well tonight. 😉 400 inc title.

Paradox

In the womb, do we see white noise?

Close your eyes. Tight shut. What do you see?

I woke at four this morning agitated.

In my horrid dream, I pictured the last of my treasured artifacts’ being scrapped into the trash.

Lost forever.

In the lounge and still in a quandary I poured myself a strong one.

‘Am I Master of my fate? Am I captain of my soul?’

Similar words to those above were penned over a century ago in a poem by, William Henley. “I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul”.

I poured another drink then walked onto the patio to stare into the early morning sky, zillions of atoms right?

Blink and picture this. “Words are flowing out like endless rain into a paper cup. They slither wildly as they slip away across the universe”. Not my words. The beautiful words in a John Lennon song.

Both authors’ dead, gone forever. Their words of wisdom live on in the annals of time. What of your words floating around in the ether?

It is said that everything in existence is made up of single atoms so in the illusion of time all we see and do will become extinct. Gone forever?

Imagine the human body, billions of cells interconnected each with a receptor working in tandem passing electrical impulses one to the other which form shape, smell, feel, touch and everything we see? Vibes. But what of sound?

Poles. Attraction. Everything has a positive and negative as do receptors right? Why do we fall in love, why do we hate? We can do one of two things. How many times can you remember when your interconnected receptors immediately respond to the positive or negative to another? You either have the hots for someone or your hackles go up at the juncture of your nervous system. Flight or fight in the animal kingdom.

Think of this. When next you see a stranger do you see what they see in the mirror? Feel what they feel upon a brief touch. Get the picture.

I leave you with another quotation “Earth to earth, ashes to ashes, dust to dust”.

To all these questions, will the answer be found beneath the France-Switzerland border?

As we draw our last breath do we ‘see’ black noise?

Pour yourself a strong one and sleep well tonight.