@bellam
Active 3 months, 1 week ago-
Athelstone replied to the topic Monthly comp – November 2021 in the forum Monthly Competition 4 years, 10 months ago
Well, two entries this month. Both of them top notch.
Sandra’s story tells me so clearly about that moment when, inexplicably, there is no avoiding the surprise of what you expect to happen actually happening. It’s so familiar and so infuriating.
Knicks plunges us into the very innermost world of a relationship. Twisting and turning thoughts: I…[Read more]
-
Knicks replied to the topic Monthly comp – November 2021 in the forum Monthly Competition 4 years, 10 months ago
Real rough, block-of-text, stream-of-consciousness business, because it’s the end of the month, and how did we get here?!, and I been stupid-busy so zero time for much fanciness, or many words 😅😅
—
I Got Nothing
Understanding. To buttress. In-sight. The value in me seeking the value in you, and seeing it. Knowing it, like a true friend. What…[Read more]
-
Athelstone posted an update 4 years, 10 months ago
Last day for the monthly comp! Hope that’s not a prophetic ambiguity.
-
Athelstone replied to the topic The Future of the Den – Part 2 in the forum Blogs 4 years, 10 months ago
Incidentally, I turned off the option to log edits when you edit a post. Does anybody have strong feelings about this?
-
Athelstone replied to the topic The Future of the Den – Part 2 in the forum Blogs 4 years, 10 months ago
Hi Squidge, glad you like it. There are forums that hang directly from the Den, and forums that hang from groups. Blogs is a forum that hangs from the Den. The item next to Blogs on the main menu is the path to all the Den forums and you can also get to Blogs that way. What I’ve done is to copy the Blogs link up to the top of the main menu. Click…[Read more]
-
Squidge replied to the topic The Future of the Den – Part 2 in the forum Blogs 4 years, 10 months ago
Ath, I know I’ve not been round much recently, but that looks fab! Noticed that blogs and whatever the heading is next to it both go bold when you click on blogs, but it seems so much easier and intuitive to navigate. Thank you xxx
-
Athelstone replied to the topic The Future of the Den – Part 2 in the forum Blogs 4 years, 10 months ago
Delete button. That made me scratch my head. @raine do you have a delete button for forum threads at the moment? I sneaked Teabreak onto the (real) Den for a quick check, as my own userid has slightly different access, and it looks as if there isn’t one. It seems very strange that I hadn’t noticed before. I’ll add it to my investigation list. Yes…[Read more]
-
Athelstone replied to the topic The Future of the Den – Part 2 in the forum Blogs 4 years, 10 months ago
I worry about whether it’s all too late as well, but I shall carry on for the time being.
On a practical note, to reply to a post on the “activity” page, you should see a button marked “Comment” with a number next to it. This is a button to make a comment, as well as a count of those made so far. Below each reply, you should see a further Reply…[Read more]
-
-
Athelstone started the topic The Future of the Den – Part 2 in the forum Blogs 4 years, 10 months ago
What’s new? I’ll tell you what – the Den, that’s what. OK, not exactly new, but different.
Some of you may have seen my blog a while back, where I questioned the future of the Den. Well, I’m sorry if it all seemed to go quiet, but the truth is I’ve been beavering away finding how stuff works and how some of it it doesn’t. Long story short,…[Read more]
-
Athelstone posted an update 4 years, 10 months ago
21 November already! Time to knuckle down and enter the monthly competition. All it takes is between 1 and 500 words and the prize could be yours.
-
Athelstone posted an update 4 years, 10 months ago
Half way through the month. Time to dig deep and enter the monthly competition. You know you’ll enjoy it.
-
Sandra replied to the topic Monthly comp – November 2021 in the forum Monthly Competition 4 years, 11 months ago
Failed on the basics.
I’d been riding pillion on a BSA since my teens. Clandestinely to start, because my parents forbade me, but by 2004 I was well past that, and three years past my first BSA rally, which had taken us to Australia. Being one of 200 bikes wending our way across rolling golden hills an unforgettable experience. Even so, that…[Read more] -
Newbie replied to the topic Monthly comp – November 2021 in the forum Monthly Competition 4 years, 11 months ago
Hi Ath, I’ve got my thinking cap on so hopefully something will light up.
-
Knicks replied to the topic Monthly Comp – October 2021 in the forum Monthly Competition 4 years, 11 months ago
I really enjoyed your story too, Newbie!
Thank you Raine, for being a wonderful comp host, it was funfunfun like I knew it would be 😃🦇🎃👻
Couldn’t agree with Ath more, we duh best 🥳✨
-
Newbie replied to the topic Monthly Comp – October 2021 in the forum Monthly Competition 4 years, 11 months ago
Congratulations, Athelstone. A well deserved win. 🙂
Love your story too, Knicks. xx
Thank you Raine for organising the comp. xx
-
Athelstone started the topic Monthly comp – November 2021 in the forum Monthly Competition 4 years, 11 months ago
OK NaNoWriMo: this month I’d like you to write just 50,000 words on anything that strikes you as appropriate. No, on second thoughts, I’d like a maximum of 500 words on the topic of something difficult, a target that would take a great effort to achieve, that was either met or missed.
-
Athelstone replied to the topic Monthly Comp – October 2021 in the forum Monthly Competition 4 years, 11 months ago
Awwww!!! Thank you Raine, I really enjoyed the comp.
I love the other entries. We are the best! -
Athelstone started the topic The world, her dog, memories-dot, dot, dot. in the forum Blogs 4 years, 11 months ago
Read some blogs I wrote about 10 years ago that recalled events of 30 years before that. Curiously, unable to connect directly to those events anymore, in that I remember them and can recount the details, but much of the emotional impact that was there when I wrote about them is no longer available. I can remember that there was an impact and can…[Read more]
-
Athelstone replied to the topic Monthly Comp – October 2021 in the forum Monthly Competition 4 years, 11 months ago
=)
- Load More
