Book 2 of Oath and Crown out soon

About Forums Den of Writers Podium Book 2 of Oath and Crown out soon

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Daedalus
    Participant

First of all – someone else really has to post an achievement in this section soon or I’m going to start feeling really selfconscious…

Secondly – it’s only a couple of days to go before the launch of @jillybean ‘s and my Norman Conquest novel A Black Matter for the King, and Historical Fiction Blog Tours has an exclusive excerpt to start the countdown

http://www.passagestothepast.com/2018/09/excerpt-from-black-matter-for-king-by.html

Raine
    Participant

YAY for book two. Will twitter about it…

Daedalus
    Participant

Thanks Raine πŸ™‚

Jules
    Participant

Ooh I’m up on the podium with Daed πŸ™‚

It feels like a long time since we wrote the book now and it’s great that it’s on it’s way for public consumption now.

And thanks, Raine. All signal boosting much appreciated.

Mad Iguana
    Participant

Whoop Whoop. Book 2!!

Elle
    Participant

Congratulations!

Daedalus
    Participant

Thanks all! I’m excited about this one. It has the big battles and moral quandries.

In case anyone missed the first book, here’s the Amazon page for the duology https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07FMC8FPB?ref=series_rw_dp_labf

Knicks
    Participant

Moral quandries the best. Will procure with my next paycheck πŸ˜ŠπŸ™Œ

RichardB
    Participant

As the frog said, ‘Read it.’ I’m not that big on historical fiction and it took me a while to get into An Argument of Blood (though it turned out to be worth it), but A Black Matter for the King is a corker and had me gripped from first to last.

Aelfgifa (can’t do the dipthong) is a really compelling character, which is all the more impressive since she’s almost entirely fictional. And I rather like that entirely fictional character, Gallet, too.

A well researched, fascinating insight into the most crucial event in our country’s history. Well done, both of you.

Now I suppose I’ll have to go right back to the beginning and read both books again, back to back.

Jules
    Participant

Thanks, Richard. I’m so glad you enjoyed the books. (Hopefully there will be future collaborations at some point πŸ˜‰ ) I love Gallet, and I’m oddly partial to Odo too πŸ™‚

Janette
    Participant

Just caught up with this thread. Yay, again! Big battles and moral quandries sounds like my sorta book πŸ˜€

Daedalus
    Participant

Wow, thanks Richard, thanks all. I’d be interested to hear how a back-to-back read feels, actually. The two books were written together in the first instance, although there was a lot of editing in the mean time, so it ought to work as a flowing narrative. The second one definitely has the advantage of pace – the history definitely felt as though it was racing towards a denoument.

I like Gallet, though I say so myself.

I’ll admit to a tiny Easter egg in this book, connecting it with the subject of my last nonfiction book. And I’ll give a copy of one of my books to anyone who can tell me what the link is

Daedalus
    Participant

@jillybean Odo the bishop of Bayeux or Odo the lurcher?

RichardB
    Participant

Yes, when I first started on An Argument, I kept thinking ‘Who’s that?’ and ‘What’s going on here?’ I soon got into it, but a straight-through read would avoid those little glitches.

So what’s your last NF book? I’ve lost track. Flying to the Edge?

Daedalus
    Participant

Yes, Flying to the Edge. It’s a slight connection, but it’s there

Jules
    Participant

Haha Odo the lurcher will always have a special place in my heart but I was talking of bishop Odo – who behaved exactly as a bishop was not supposed to both in going to war bearing arms and in other matters πŸ™‚

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.