AlanP

  • Squidge posted an update 4 years ago

    Dipping in to say hi… ridiculously busy at the mo with Life, so barely time to breathe, let alone write! How is everyone doing at the moment, following the Queen’s death? Whether you’re for the monarchy or not, it seems to have impacted nearly everyone I’ve spoken to in some way, shape, or form. Sending hugs if you need them x

    • Doing well (I think). Similarly busy, especially yesterday when I was included in a tale of lost keys which necessitated a drive from Worthing to London and back.

    • Even for a republican like me it does feel like the end of an era. Thinking about how as a Scout we had to make promises to do our duty to the Queen etc, and every time you see a post box or a coin, or hear The King, it feels strange. Very few people have known anything different – @athelstone that sounds like an incredibly trying day, was it all…[Read more]

      • Yes, no harm done, thanks.

        • Oh blimey, Ath…can imagine that being rather stressful.

          • Busy here too, but yes, life seems to feel ‘on hold’ as we witness the end of an era. While not being an ardent Royalist, I did have a lot of respect for a queen who was the unwavering anchor for her family, showing how publicity could be done properly without scandalous revelations. I think I shall miss her.

    • Bella replied 4 years ago

      I had a very strong (and somewhat unexpected) emotional reaction to the death. She has always loomed large in my life as my father is an ardent royalist. I’d expected to feel a bit sad, as I did when Prince Philip died, but I burst into tears when I heard the news. We were in Scotland and very nearly passed the cortege from Balmoral to Edinburgh…[Read more]

  • Thea replied to the topic Choices in the forum Group logo of All You NeedAll You Need 4 years ago

    Vasio, France

    No there is not

  • Popping in after a long time away. Planning to stay but won’t be writing just yet. Hope all goes well with old friends.

  • Squidge replied to the topic Choices in the forum Group logo of All You NeedAll You Need 4 years, 1 month ago

    Jewltown

    Yes there is

  • Thea posted an update 4 years, 1 month ago

    Have just logged on to see that big congratulations are in order to Richard, Kate, Athelstone, and Daedalus! Well done all of you on your CAS listings! πŸ™‚

  • Hello. Long time no see, everyone. I’m posting this to say I do occasionally pop in to see what’s going on, but haven’t actually logged in for a Very Long Time. So, apologies. And also, thanks to you faithful few, and especially Ath and any other admin (?) for keeping it going. Yes, other things going on for me too, but the other day I was feeling…[Read more]

    • Hi Hilary, lovely to see you here! Hope all’s going well with the book. x

      • Thanks, Thea. Yes, all is well with the book, thanks. Publication date January next year. So excited! Hope all’s well with you.

        • Oh, that’s fab, Hilary ! Please post an update when the book comes out. Looking forward to reading it πŸ™‚

  • Squidge posted an update 4 years, 2 months ago

    Hello Denizens… Apologies for not having dropped in for quite a while. Been a bit all over the place with various life stuff, but still writing. Good to see news popping up on facebook for various peeps, and as we go into the autumn I’ll try to pop in here more often to keep in touch. x

  • Squidge posted an update 4 years, 8 months ago

    Gosh, it is ages since I dropped in…far too much going on in the world outside of writing! Hope everyone’s doing OK.

    I’ve finished editing the memoir I was working on – author very pleased with the result, so that’s good. Still getting to grips with Tilda #4’s huge plot hole and whittling away at that when I can. Still trying to carve out…[Read more]

    • Well, I can’t speak for anybody else, but I’m keeping well. Also ridiculously busy. MUST get an entry done for the comp this month, but currently polishing an opening chapter to take to a writers’ weekend in Bournemouth.

      Good to see you back.

  • Ath, I know I’ve not been round much recently, but that looks fab! Noticed that blogs and whatever the heading is next to it both go bold when you click on blogs, but it seems so much easier and intuitive to navigate. Thank you xxx

  • In the place and time I found myself, I had done something wrong.

    My punishment? A chain of large metal links, secured around my throat, pressing against my flesh, reminding me of its presence every time I swallowed or turned my head.

    A man, with whom I had a connection – were we related? Was he the reason for my wrongdoing? – received the sam…[Read more]

  • Squidge posted an update 5 years ago

    Found out today that Super Stories has been longlisted (1 of 8) in the Lunchtime Book Club, a new children’s book prize based in Luton! SO chuffed.

    (Also in some amazing company – Frank Cotterell-Boyce; Lauren St Child; Marcus Rashford as well as others I’m not so familiar with)

  • Oh my days…I’m going to be spoilt for choice, the state of my dreams! I’ll avoid the teeth-dropping out ones and see what else weird and wonderful I recorded in my dream diary.

  • Thea replied to the topic Choices in the forum Group logo of Coming HomeComing Home 5 years, 1 month ago

    Animal
    Fruit
    Quintus

  • Squidge started the topic Short story accepted in the forum Podium 5 years, 1 month ago

    Found out yesterday I’ve had a short story – Moonlight and Roses – accepted for a Dark & Light themed anthology by Ruler’s Wit (a group of writers and editors who met at Lufbra Uni on a creative writing Masters).

    Funnily enough, it started out as a piece that didn’t work at all in my writing group NIBS, but for some reason it worked for…[Read more]

  • Squidge replied to the topic Choices in the forum Group logo of Coming HomeComing Home 5 years, 1 month ago

    Spacecraft
    Egg
    Juno

  • It was the same every year.

    She took as many precautions as possible, wrapping everything carefully, keeping the box closed tight until the right moment came, making sure her hands were washed clean when it did.

    And then…

    Ordering everyone to sit down, sit still. Questioning each participant in turn to make sure she knew their exact r…[Read more]

  • Load More