@bellam
Active 3 months, 1 week ago-
JaneShuff replied to the topic Writing Practice: Year 1 in the forum
Andrew Wille's DIY MA course 6 years, 11 months agoI hope I’ve understood what is required/suggested for this part of the course. My overall aim is to expand my range in terms of writing habits and the type of writing I do which up to now has been very focussed on writing one novel after another.
I write every day already unless I am away from home or it is really impossible.
My plan t…[Read more]
-
John S Alty replied to the topic Monthly comp – October 2019 in the forum Monthly Competition 6 years, 11 months ago
Well, there’s a pleasant surprise for a Sunday morning! Thanks, Ath, and thank you fellow Denizens.
I’ll ponder a new prompt and put it up later today. -
Barny replied to the topic Monthly comp – October 2019 in the forum Monthly Competition 6 years, 11 months ago
Well done, John. And thanks Ath!
-
JaneShuff replied to the topic Monthly comp – October 2019 in the forum Monthly Competition 6 years, 11 months ago
Excellent entries and an excellent winner! Congratulations John and thank you Ath for the competition.
-
Sandra replied to the topic Monthly comp – October 2019 in the forum Monthly Competition 6 years, 11 months ago
Well done, John, and the Honourables, and thanks Ath for the prompting of a memory.
-
Athelstone replied to the topic Monthly comp – October 2019 in the forum Monthly Competition 6 years, 11 months ago
Oops! Sorry all – got my days mixed up, but anyway, super quality this month.
Sandra – Time to play
Yes! That’s exactly the feeling: that unexpected memory. There’s a lot in these few words. Oddly enough I was thinking about the ‘play’ that’s so often missing from writing, quite recently. So easy to assume that a reverential approach will produc…[Read more] -
JaneShuff replied to the topic Feedback on the Course in the forum
Andrew Wille's DIY MA course 6 years, 11 months agoThanks WB!
Am looking forward to Class 2 and glad it’s working out for everybody.
-
Squidge replied to the topic Feedback on the Course in the forum
Andrew Wille's DIY MA course 6 years, 11 months agoAll OK here – finding the time to do the writing is hard at the mo, so I need to work on that, but the timings aren’t unachievable. Just that my life needs to calm down!! When does Class 2 go up?
-
Sandra replied to the topic Feedback on the Course in the forum
Andrew Wille's DIY MA course 6 years, 11 months agoI’m a bit of a sleeping partner in this; not fully committed, so will dip in and out, attempting to keep to time structure and maybe lax in commenting.
-
Hilary replied to the topic Feedback on the Course in the forum
Andrew Wille's DIY MA course 6 years, 11 months agoHappy so far, but I’m aware there’s a lot more I could be doing – and will be doing…
-
Hilary replied to the topic Class 1 – Writing exercise, Kaz in the forum
Andrew Wille's DIY MA course 6 years, 11 months agoGorgeousness: My favourite bits were ‘afternoons draped in honey’ and ‘as cleanly as she peeled old skin from a white potato.’ I have been told I overwrite too sometimes. But what does it really mean?
I liked your I remember, too. Many of us chose to capture a single incident, or linked series, in our I remembers. I’ve also done it with…[Read more]
-
Philippa East replied to the topic Bumbling Round the Citadel in the forum Blogs 6 years, 11 months ago
*John, sorry!
-
Philippa East replied to the topic Bumbling Round the Citadel in the forum Blogs 6 years, 11 months ago
Thank you Jon!
-
JaneShuff replied to the topic Feedback on the Course in the forum
Andrew Wille's DIY MA course 6 years, 11 months agoGoing to jump in now because time and access to internet are going to be in short supply over the next week.
I am happy with how it’s going. I have no wish for it to be any quicker than it is.
-
Squidge posted an update 6 years, 11 months ago
@janeshuff – I’ll try to find you. And yes, it all looks very different on NaNo from my first ever visit in June.
-
Squidge replied to the topic Class 1: Writing exercise, Squidge in the forum
Andrew Wille's DIY MA course 6 years, 11 months agoTa all! The substance in question was, I believe, CBD oil; two gents were having a very animated discussion about setting up in business to supply it.
@Raine – I am a death-dreamer, too! I’ve been shot, drowned, stabbed – really weird to feel my life ebbing away in the dream.
I think the forced thing is definitely due to the fact that I try to…[Read more]
-
JaneShuff replied to the topic Class 1 – Writing exercise, Kaz in the forum
Andrew Wille's DIY MA course 6 years, 11 months agoI adored this @KazG. Nothing else to say.
-
JaneShuff replied to the topic Class 1 Writing Exercise, Jane in the forum
Andrew Wille's DIY MA course 6 years, 11 months agoLove you all XXXX
-
JaneShuff replied to the topic Class 1: Writing Exercise, Bella. in the forum
Andrew Wille's DIY MA course 6 years, 11 months agoHa ha The smell of Immac. Never forgotten!
-
JaneShuff replied to the topic Craft Seminar Class 1: Getting Started: Memory, Obs in the forum
Andrew Wille's DIY MA course 6 years, 11 months agoThis is a bit of a cursory ‘reflections’ because I forgot to make notes of my thoughts as I read the chapters and did the exercises. Plus I’m away without the books so I can have a quick look to jog my memory.
The main thing I got out of Chapter One of the Burrows book was how useful a tool freewriting/freedrafting can be for all sorts of…[Read more]
- Load More
