@daisydown
Active 6 years, 11 months ago-
Athelstone replied to the topic replying to agent rejections in the forum Coffee Shop 7 years ago
Do you mean that you sent a ‘thank you’ to the agents after they declined? I haven’t done that in the past. Not that I’ve made many submissions lately.
-
Squidge posted an update in the group
Andrew Wille’s DIY MA course 7 years agoWow, WB – that’s really comprehensive! Thank you. Also makes me realise I need to print out Andrew’s course outline and read it through properly…
I’d be glad of an October start, cos I’m trying to set new routines around an empty nest, and it’ll be good to focus on something other than the lack of guitar playing and a deserted bedroom… ;)…[Read more]
-
Woolleybeans replied to the topic Syllabus and course materials. in the forum
Andrew Wille's DIY MA course 7 years agoOk, so. We wouldn’t need to be massively set in stone on a lot of it. I figure the following:
1) Making each ‘class’ in the craft seminars span 3 weeks actually means that with the odd week taken off as a break, the craft seminars would fit nicely into 2 years without being massively heavy time-wise. A couple of hours a week, it reckons, doing it…[Read more]
-
Athelstone replied to the topic September 2019 in the forum Monthly Competition 7 years ago
Oh yes, 373(ish)
-
Athelstone replied to the topic September 2019 in the forum Monthly Competition 7 years ago
Tortoiseshell Specs
I wear tortoiseshell specs. My dear old mum did too. And Dad. A family tradition that I hadn’t really thought about. I mean, we had so many things that I hardly even noticed. Family traditions, that is. There were words we used that I thought were just normal. Mum called me dinny if I did something daft and lairy when I was n…[Read more]
-
Woolleybeans replied to the topic Syllabus and course materials. in the forum
Andrew Wille's DIY MA course 7 years agoIt looks to me as though a timetable including discussion and feedback would be good on all three aspects, if we are going the route of having a timetable in the first place.
For one thing, the writing practice can include the exercises for the craft seminars, or could be some of the ones Andrew suggests but which are not chosen for the craft…[Read more]
-
-
-
Squidge replied to the topic Syllabus and course materials. in the forum
Andrew Wille's DIY MA course 7 years agoThe only issue with doing multiple units is that we could end up with people later on having no buddies to do that unit with? I’d rather it was ‘organised’ in that there’s a definite time for each unit to be completed over, simply because that means I can be more disciplined about an approach, rather than wondering what’s on and whether I want to…[Read more]
-
-
Squidge posted an update 7 years ago
Just a reminder that there’s a week to go for September’s monthly competition…and for you to prove to me that ‘beige ain’t boring!’
-
Athelstone posted an update 7 years ago
Well, here I am looking out at the Haymarket tram stop in Edinburgh from a cosy AirBnB. It would have been nice to catch up with local Denizens but I have my family with me and it’s been a packed weekend around a family wedding so not much opportunity. Flying back to Sussex by the Sea later this PM so won’t be feeling much like doing responsible…[Read more]
-
Squidge posted an update in the group
Andrew Wille’s DIY MA course 7 years agoBeen checking out the required texts… I’m getting a bit bogged down in Sin and Syntax, (for saying the author’s currently talking about brevity, she’s going the long way round to say a lot of it!) but Writing Fiction looks easier to read. Bird by Bird’s one of my most accessible reads (was given it as a gift some years ago), and I’d add How Not…[Read more]
-
-
-
Squidge posted an update in the group
Andrew Wille’s DIY MA course 7 years agoWilling to have a go at this… Not sure how it’ll be structured in terms of posting – presumably a new forum for each unit, with each person posting within the forum? Hope it’s pretty clear, as I ‘lose’ threads so often!
-
-
Athelstone replied to the topic Syllabus and course materials. in the forum
Andrew Wille's DIY MA course 7 years agoHi Jane, do we need a common start time as it’s a DIY course? I imagine it would be nice/useful to have people at roughly the same stage, for support and encouragement, but real life and so on.
-
Athelstone posted an update 7 years ago
URGENT!!! The weekend approaches. If you wish to enter the challenge “Songs of Innocence and Experience” then you only have until Tuesday at 22:00 to join the eponymous group and make your choices.
MORE IMPORTANT STILL there are several Denizens who have joined the group but have yet to POST their choices. You must both join AND post to be in…[Read more]
-
Sandra replied to the topic Syllabus and course materials. in the forum
Andrew Wille's DIY MA course 7 years agoA daunting expenditure on books, too … time to hie me to the library methinks.
- Load More
