@helen
Active 7 months, 4 weeks ago-
Barny joined the group
Songs of Innocence and Experience 7 years, 1 month ago -
Squidge joined the group
Songs of Innocence and Experience 7 years, 1 month ago -
Athelstone replied to the topic Monthly comp – August in the forum Monthly Competition 7 years, 1 month ago
You see, what Mrs High and Mighty Rachel Jacobs doesn’t realise is that every time her big shiny car overlaps my drive, I go and walk by it – and I knock her door mirror flat. Of course, it’s an expensive mirror with an expensive motor, and one day my efforts will make that motor fail. Sometimes I brush against the side, just casually. And if I…[Read more]
-
Seagreen joined the group
Songs of Innocence and Experience 7 years, 1 month ago -
Janette joined the group
Songs of Innocence and Experience 7 years, 1 month ago -
-
Jules joined the group
Songs of Innocence and Experience 7 years, 1 month ago -
John S Alty joined the group
Songs of Innocence and Experience 7 years, 1 month ago -
Sandra joined the group
Songs of Innocence and Experience 7 years, 1 month ago -
Athelstone posted an update 7 years, 1 month ago
Songs of Innocence and Experience
OK. New Short Story Challenge. SEE THE NEW GROUP FOR DETAILS.
As Joey Ramone once remarked, “Hey Ho Let’s Go”
-
Janette replied to the topic Monthly comp – August in the forum Monthly Competition 7 years, 1 month ago
The cell was as dark as it was damp, and it would reek all the worse but for the bitter cold. There were others in here, though Robin could not count them, in his head or by his fingers, which he could not see when placed in front of his face. The brief light that had the poor wretches holding their hands to theirs, told him there had to be ten or…[Read more]
-
Athelstone posted an update 7 years, 1 month ago
My head says NO, but against this better judgement I have decided to run another winter short story challenge. Autumn seems to have arrived early in this corner of Europe with cold wind and rain, alternating with fickle sunshine. Even Eratigena atrica has begun its amorous invasion of my home a few weeks ahead of schedule, so to take my mind off…[Read more]
-
Fab, Ath. These are always so inspiring. 🙂
-
Brilliant, Ath. I was just about to message you and ask if you were running a winter comp this year 😁
-
Hooray!!! Good on you Ath. And a kick up the bum to me to clear the decks of some current stuff.
Three cheers, I say.-
Is that the time already? I still haven’t finished the last one.
-
Didn’t manage the last one. Must try harder. Good for you, Ath.
-
Great news and thanks Ath
-
-
-
-
Fabulous news – love the name. All sorts of possibilities springing to mind there… Thanks, Ath x
-
I promise to try harder for this one. The last lies somewhere among other penned ideas, in one of my jotters.
-
-
This is great but good Lord where has this year gone?
-
I ate it
-
Can I offer you a blackberry tart instead? I need some of the year that’s left
-
Make it crumble. With custard
-
Can I have a bit of both, please? Oh, and yes, custard definitely.
-
-
-
-
-
Sandra replied to the topic Monthly comp – August in the forum Monthly Competition 7 years, 1 month ago
Sorry Kate: this stemmed from the couple of ideas I was playing with before I went away last week. Lack of time then (and little in the foreseeable with a kitchen about to be installed) this was what I came up with.
‘I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.’I was taken aback by how irritated I was by the first part of this quo…[Read more]
-
Philippa East replied to the topic Mobile phones in the forum The Writers' Lifeboat 7 years, 1 month ago
Yeah, works. Nice one! Love the sound of the story and the dynamic between these characters x
-
Sandra replied to the topic Mobile phones in the forum The Writers' Lifeboat 7 years, 1 month ago
Yup, that works.
-
Athelstone posted an update 7 years, 1 month ago
Just sailing out of Cherbourg. Bit sad really. Probably last visit as an EU citizen. For a while anyway.
-
Sandra replied to the topic Mobile phones in the forum The Writers' Lifeboat 7 years, 1 month ago
I remember reading after a train crash disaster, of the non-stop ringing of victims’ mobiles. Could you hot say “Somewhere there was a phone that seemed to keep on ringing and ringing.” ?
-
Philippa East replied to the topic Mobile phones in the forum The Writers' Lifeboat 7 years, 1 month ago
Damn don’t you just hate when reality gets in the way of a good turn of phrase! I do love the sound of that last line.
I wonder if you could play with the idea of someone repeatedly redialling so that the ringing sound becomes continuous even if each call begins and ends. Perhaps you could tweak the last line slightly to read something like…[Read more]
-
Squidge replied to the topic Monthly comp – August in the forum Monthly Competition 7 years, 2 months ago
Mantra.
I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
Such is the mantra, spoken quietly in hope during clandestine gatherings, or whispered in the darkest moments outside of them, when dreams of life lived to the full fall beyond my control and are squashed like bugs in the mud.
For certain, this mantra is against the teachings of…[Read more]
-
- Load More
