-
Daedalus replied to the topic The Price of Coal: Senghenydd, 1913 in the forum Blogs 4 years, 1 month ago
I was just reading up on Gresford following this and noticed one striking coincidence. The name of an MP who castigated the mine’s management during a debate in parliament following the inquiry’s mealy-mouthed conclusions:
David Grenfell…
-
Athelstone posted an update 4 years, 1 month ago
An apology to some of the more active users of this site. The absolute last thing we need is your posts going astray, but that has happened. A while back we had some anti-spam software that blocked posts with internet links embedded, but this has been removed. Unfortunately, unknown to us, the same function is buried in the very plug-in that…[Read more]
-
Sandra replied to the topic Film, storytelling – psychic distance again – and looking under the bonnet in the forum Blogs 4 years, 1 month ago
Just come across this while procrastinating and would firstly say I found it fascinating. I know I lack analytical skills and rarely watch films, finding them lacking compared to books, so your post, Daeds, and subsequent comments, have opened my eyes to a new way of viewing – I’ll come back and re-read several times more – so thank you.
-
Sandra replied to the topic Choices in the forum
All You Need 4 years, 1 month agoHaving a love story already bubbling in my head, I need to change my choice of place to Yarm, but will stick (in finger-crossed ignorance) to ‘Yes there is’.
-
Athelstone replied to the topic The Price of Coal: Senghenydd, 1913 in the forum Blogs 4 years, 1 month ago
You have a calm, authoratative voice that is perfect for these blogs, Richard. I start one of these and it’s like eating something delicious: I can’t stop until it’s finished.
On the topic itself: it’s reassuring to think that we’ve come a long way since those unreconstructed days of holy capital. Then I consider the unreported disaster that has…[Read more]
-
Sandra replied to the topic Monthly Competition – August 2022 in the forum Monthly Competition 4 years, 1 month ago
Change for the better?
I was born in Dovercourt, Essex, in my paternal grandparent’s house, to which they’d moved when my father was five years old. He, being still in the RAF was told of my arrival by telegram. The house was small; too small for five adults (my father’s sister lived there too) and baby, but we lived there for several years…[Read more]
-
Bella replied to the topic Chit Chat in the forum
All You Need 4 years, 1 month agoI’m just hoping the choice isn’t whether or not our town contains a Pump Room or a racecourse. Because that will be fun to unpick… 😀
-
Bella replied to the topic Choices in the forum
All You Need 4 years, 1 month agoCheltenham
No, there isn’t.
-
-
Athelstone replied to the topic Choices in the forum
All You Need 4 years, 1 month agoMy choices, courtesy of Jules (on my behalf)
Town: Old Sodbury
Choice: No there isn’t
-
Jules replied to the topic Choices in the forum
All You Need 4 years, 1 month agoTown – Droop
Choice – yes there is
-
-
-
Squidge replied to the topic Choices in the forum
All You Need 4 years, 1 month agoJewltown
Yes there is
-
-
Sandra replied to the topic Choices in the forum
All You Need 4 years, 1 month agoHunsdon, Hertfordshire
Yes there is
-
-
-
Athelstone replied to the topic Monthly Competition – August 2022 in the forum Monthly Competition 4 years, 1 month ago
All Change!
First thing I noticed was the sodding light switch. I’m stood like a plonker in the door to the kitchen, whacking the wall and finding—nothing. No light switch. Just a plastered wall. I mean, bloody hell! How’s a man supposed to make his bleedin’ morning cuppa if he can’t see what’s what? After about a minute of pointless slapping, I…[Read more]
-
Athelstone posted an update 4 years, 1 month ago
It’s that time again. There’s a new group in town. Head on over to “All You Need” for details of the new Short Story Challenge.
All are welcome. - Load More
