-
Athelstone posted an update 6 years ago
OK – at the risk of badgering people, three and a bit days left to enter “Things that go bump”. Also – 18 members at present, but only 16 sets of choices. If you’re intending to take part, don’t forget!
-
Kate replied to the topic Choices in the forum
Things that go bump 6 years agoAway, unbeliever, ring
-
Sandra replied to the topic Monthy Comp – September 2020 in the forum Monthly Competition 6 years ago
The marking of a life, or two.
This the second funeral in six days and the mourning very different.
Last weekโs was of a mother. Not his, not biologically, but one who had nevertheless mothered him. Had generously included him, enabled him to share in the love she gave her natural sons. Much needed when his own family had been hard and spiky, s…[Read more]
-
Athelstone posted an update 6 years ago
“I don’t care where you’ve been, You ain’t been nowhere till you’ve been in – the Things that go Bump writing challenge.”
Find the group. Join. Enjoy.
-
-
Now there’s a coincidence. Neither am I.
-
Nor me! Although I am not good with those pictures!
-
-
I sometimes think a robot would be better at identifying the traffic lights than I am. Hang on, maybe that’s the point…
-
Those blasted traffic lights. I’m always relieved to get the fire hydrants. I think I’m becoming a fire hydrant fan.
-
Good to mix things up with the occasional bit of fire hydrant. But where’s the other street furniture? Why can’t we identify some litter bins for a change, or bike stands or something?
-
Dogs. I want to identify all the dalmatians in a field full of friesan cows.
-
I once saw a dalmatian in a field full of daisies.
Re street furniture, it could be the tables and chairs a coffee shop blocks the pavement with in a town near me.
-
-
-
-
-
-
Sandra replied to the topic Cloudie short story challenge publication in the forum Podium 6 years ago
You’re really on a roll, Raine … proving it’s not just buses. Brilliant news.
-
John S Alty replied to the topic Monthy Comp – September 2020 in the forum Monthly Competition 6 years, 1 month ago
Excuse the bizarre formatting, this had indents when I wrote it.
-
John S Alty replied to the topic Monthy Comp – September 2020 in the forum Monthly Competition 6 years, 1 month ago
Sunset
The sun melted into the horizon like a knob of butter in a frying pan and behind it the sky was on fire, itโs flames dancing on the restless sea. Soon, for this was the tropics where sunset and darkness are never far apart, a million stars would come out to play. Frank and his sister, Sarah, sat shoulder to shoulder, their feet half b…[Read more] -
Bella replied to the topic Indie publishing deal in the forum Podium 6 years, 1 month ago
Wonderful news! Good for you x
-
Athelstone replied to the topic Monthly comp: July 2020 in the forum Monthly Competition 6 years, 1 month ago
Congratulations to all (of us), especially @Janette ๐
-
Squidge replied to the topic Monthly comp: July 2020 in the forum Monthly Competition 6 years, 1 month ago
Well it was a small select number of entries this month…well, two months! But they were none the worse for being that.
@Athelstone – a tale with sinister overtones… having been on the business end of a cat’s claws more than once, I’m glad my scratches didn’t end up this way.
@Janette – such a poignant story. I fully expected this to be linked…[Read more] -
Athelstone posted an update 6 years, 1 month ago
A bump never hurt anyone – well, unless it did. Anyway, BUMP. Don’t forget the short story writing challenge! If that means little, hurry over to the group “Things that go bump!” and be enlightened (You’ll have to join to read the forum). Preferably make a choice and take part.
-
Squidge replied to the topic Monthly comp: July 2020 in the forum Monthly Competition 6 years, 1 month ago
Last chance to enter something in the monthly-that-turned-into-two-months competition…
-
Daedalus replied to the topic Chit Chat in the forum
Things that go bump 6 years, 1 month agoPerhaps ghosts are rewriting our stories…
-
Sandra replied to the topic Chit Chat in the forum
Things that go bump 6 years, 1 month agoAnd, re-reading my Room with a view entry, I realise it did contain elements of the supernatural … there’s hope yet!
-
Athelstone replied to the topic Chit Chat in the forum
Things that go bump 6 years, 1 month agoIt certainly was memorable. A superb short story with two perfectly-flawed protagonists. The first challenge on the new site – started on the Cloud and rebooted here.
-
Daedalus replied to the topic Chit Chat in the forum
Things that go bump 6 years, 1 month ago…Although I’ve just remembered my ‘Room with a View’ story wasn’t supernatural. You know, the one where I came top? Memorable, clearly
-
-
Daedalus replied to the topic Chit Chat in the forum
Things that go bump 6 years, 1 month agoAs do I, although I just have this feeling that the fact I’ve essentially written ghost stories, broadly defined, for the last four challenges straight is not going to help me in the slightest
-
- Load More
