Cloudie short story challenge publication

About Forums Den of Writers Podium Cloudie short story challenge publication

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Raine
    Participant

Hi all, thought you’d be interested to know that ‘Bathymetry’, a short story which came out of a previous winter short story challenge is going to be published in Strange Horizons, which is a bit of a dream publication. Whoop whoop. I can’t actually remember which challenge but it was on the old Word Cloud – A Winter’s Tale perhaps?

So that’s 3 of the 5 I’ve entered that have been published – which means I prob owe @athelstone a few drinks. 🙂

Sandra
    Participant

You’re really on a roll, Raine … proving it’s not just buses. Brilliant news.

Janette
    Participant

Ooh, I remember Bathymetry well. Therefore not at all surprised at its success, but delighted nevertheless at your news Raine! You’re on a well-deserved roll.

Raine
    Participant

Just in case you fancied a look – this went online today both text and podcast versions! Here at http://strangehorizons.com/fiction/bathymetry

???

Daedalus
    Participant

I treated myself to the podcast this morning. Wonderful story, lovely to hear it being read. SH is a fantastic home for it, one of my very favourite mags

Raine
    Participant

Thank you @Daedalus. It’s a great mag & the editorial team were fantastic throughout. The acceptance followed on from a revise & resubmit, so it took a while but I’m delighted it’s out.

Daedalus
    Participant

That’s interesting @raine, the story seemed pretty much exactly as I remembered it so I don’t suppose too much can have changed? Really glad to see my writing friends appearing in my favourite sources

Raine
    Participant

@Daedalus, it was mainly making the manifests more fleshed out (so to speak) so they felt more real and the way they worked made more sense. So small tweaks throughout rather than a big edit. And totally justified, I think. I am prone to the vagueness, as you know!!

Daedalus
    Participant

Aaah, that makes sense! Yes, now you mention it I think I recall more attention on that aspect. I think it worked. Good on you, lovely to see your writing get more recognition

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.