-
Barny joined the group
Songs of Innocence and Experience 7 years, 1 month ago -
Clebs joined the group
Songs of Innocence and Experience 7 years, 1 month ago -
Daedalus replied to the topic Monthly comp – August in the forum Monthly Competition 7 years, 1 month ago
I’ve composed mine. I just haven’t written it down yet…
-
Kate replied to the topic Monthly comp – August in the forum Monthly Competition 7 years, 1 month ago
One week left to get your comp entry in!
-
Squidge joined the group
Songs of Innocence and Experience 7 years, 1 month ago -
Athelstone replied to the topic Monthly comp – August in the forum Monthly Competition 7 years, 1 month ago
You see, what Mrs High and Mighty Rachel Jacobs doesn’t realise is that every time her big shiny car overlaps my drive, I go and walk by it – and I knock her door mirror flat. Of course, it’s an expensive mirror with an expensive motor, and one day my efforts will make that motor fail. Sometimes I brush against the side, just casually. And if I…[Read more]
-
-
Bella joined the group
Songs of Innocence and Experience 7 years, 1 month ago -
Jules joined the group
Songs of Innocence and Experience 7 years, 1 month ago -
Daedalus joined the group
Songs of Innocence and Experience 7 years, 1 month ago -
John S Alty joined the group
Songs of Innocence and Experience 7 years, 1 month ago -
Kate joined the group
Songs of Innocence and Experience 7 years, 1 month ago -
Sandra joined the group
Songs of Innocence and Experience 7 years, 1 month ago -
Athelstone posted an update 7 years, 1 month ago
Songs of Innocence and Experience
OK. New Short Story Challenge. SEE THE NEW GROUP FOR DETAILS.
As Joey Ramone once remarked, “Hey Ho Let’s Go”
-
Athelstone posted an update 7 years, 1 month ago
My head says NO, but against this better judgement I have decided to run another winter short story challenge. Autumn seems to have arrived early in this corner of Europe with cold wind and rain, alternating with fickle sunshine. Even Eratigena atrica has begun its amorous invasion of my home a few weeks ahead of schedule, so to take my mind off…[Read more]
-
Fab, Ath. These are always so inspiring. 🙂
-
Brilliant, Ath. I was just about to message you and ask if you were running a winter comp this year 😁
-
Hooray!!! Good on you Ath. And a kick up the bum to me to clear the decks of some current stuff.
Three cheers, I say.-
Is that the time already? I still haven’t finished the last one.
-
Didn’t manage the last one. Must try harder. Good for you, Ath.
-
Great news and thanks Ath
-
-
-
-
Fabulous news – love the name. All sorts of possibilities springing to mind there… Thanks, Ath x
-
I promise to try harder for this one. The last lies somewhere among other penned ideas, in one of my jotters.
-
-
This is great but good Lord where has this year gone?
-
I ate it
-
Can I offer you a blackberry tart instead? I need some of the year that’s left
-
Make it crumble. With custard
-
Can I have a bit of both, please? Oh, and yes, custard definitely.
-
-
-
-
-
Kate replied to the topic Monthly comp – August in the forum Monthly Competition 7 years, 1 month ago
All entries gratefully received, Sandra. I’ll look forward to reading. 12 days left to the end of the month, if anyone else is interested in taking part.
-
Sandra replied to the topic Monthly comp – August in the forum Monthly Competition 7 years, 1 month ago
Sorry Kate: this stemmed from the couple of ideas I was playing with before I went away last week. Lack of time then (and little in the foreseeable with a kitchen about to be installed) this was what I came up with.
‘I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.’I was taken aback by how irritated I was by the first part of this quo…[Read more]
-
Daedalus replied to the topic Mobile phones in the forum The Writers' Lifeboat 7 years, 1 month ago
Brilliant. Love that
-
Sandra replied to the topic Mobile phones in the forum The Writers' Lifeboat 7 years, 1 month ago
Yup, that works.
- Load More

I was a member, then suddenly realised I wasn’t. Not sure what happened?
Yep, according to the group activity you joined 5 days ago – and 3 hours ago. Don’t know what happened there except that I admire your enthusiasm.
🙂
So good you joined it twice?