-
John S Alty posted an update 7 years, 2 months ago
Well, Kate, you’ve got me stumped with this months competition. Still waiting for inspiration to strike.
-
Mad Iguana replied to the topic Book Two – Out Now in the forum Podium 7 years, 2 months ago
Super stuff Jules!! Haven’t read the first one yet – bought it, but haven’t read it. I’ll get the 2nd anyway, so it’s ready for when I am.
-
Mad Iguana replied to the topic From Bloom to Blizzard in the forum Podium 7 years, 2 months ago
Great news!! Congrats Squidge!!
-
Jules replied to the topic Book Two – Out Now in the forum Podium 7 years, 2 months ago
Thanks, @Squidge. Hope you enjoy them 😊
-
Squidge replied to the topic Book Two – Out Now in the forum Podium 7 years, 2 months ago
Done it now, though…
-
Bella replied to the topic From Bloom to Blizzard in the forum Podium 7 years, 2 months ago
Excellent! Well done.
-
Kate replied to the topic From Bloom to Blizzard in the forum Podium 7 years, 2 months ago
Congratulations, Squidge. Thinking about your story still makes me shiver.
-
Squidge replied to the topic Book Two – Out Now in the forum Podium 7 years, 2 months ago
Must download these! Have been remiss and not done it yet. x
-
Squidge started the topic From Bloom to Blizzard in the forum Podium 7 years, 2 months ago
Just received an email to say that my ‘One Cold Coin’ story from our first Den short story comp has been accepted for ‘From Bloom to Blizzard’, a charity ebook anthology produced by Write in for Leicester (wi4cLeic). To be published later in the year…
-
Squidge replied to the topic Monthly comp – July 2019 in the forum Monthly Competition 7 years, 2 months ago
Enjoyed writing this, and coming back to it after a week away, thought Kate’s was a very worthy winner among a host of fab entries!
-
Kate started the topic Monthly comp – August in the forum Monthly Competition 7 years, 2 months ago
I thought I would try and stick with Sandra’s successful poetical theme. Here’s a line from William Henley’s ‘Invictus’ that really resonates for me.
‘I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.’
I don’t mind what sort of interpretation you put on it; that’s going to be half the fun of seeing what you all come up with.
Let’s say…[Read more]
-
Baz Baron replied to the topic Monthly comp – July 2019 in the forum Monthly Competition 7 years, 2 months ago
Great result @Sandra thanks for hosting a super theme and those comments for all – marvelous. Reading all the entries was a pleasure for me and makes me realize what I’ve been missing since the cloud succumbed to global warming ;-). Well done all and @Kate perfection with your prose and your take on the theme.
-
Jules started the topic Book Two – Out Now in the forum Podium 7 years, 2 months ago
So, here I am. Sheepishly sidling onto the Podium again because the second book in my historical novella series has been released. I’m aware that I was only here two months ago so I will attempt to be less rambly than I was last time.
For those of you who have already read The King’s Knight Book 1 – Revolt, book 2 – Treason, is available here.
If…[Read more]
-
Daedalus replied to the topic Monthly comp – July 2019 in the forum Monthly Competition 7 years, 2 months ago
Absolutely brilliant competition, and what a crop of entries. Well done Kate – superb bit of prose – and the honourables. Looking forward to this month’s!
-
Kate replied to the topic Monthly comp – July 2019 in the forum Monthly Competition 7 years, 2 months ago
Thanks, Sandra. I wasn’t expecting that! A really fantastic prompt and so many great entries. Bear with me on coming up with something for next month as I’m helping my mother move house today.
-
John S Alty replied to the topic Monthly comp – July 2019 in the forum Monthly Competition 7 years, 2 months ago
Congratulations Kate!
Well done Sandra, really good competition, thanks. -
Athelstone replied to the topic Monthly comp – July 2019 in the forum Monthly Competition 7 years, 2 months ago
Really enjoyed this one and it certainly got the words flowing. Congratulations to Kate and to the honourable mentionees! And very well done Sandra.
-
-
Sandra replied to the topic Monthly comp – July 2019 in the forum Monthly Competition 7 years, 2 months ago
I didn’t have any specific criteria in mind by which to judge this; just expected to choose the one which moved me most, in much the same way as Vicki Feaver’s poetry moves me. Which was a BIG mistake. Because each and every entry was thought-provoking in a subtly different way.
But definitely NOT a mistake for the pleasure each one brought me,…[Read more]
- Load More

Oh no! I was hoping to inspire, not stump. Maybe a nautical theme from you with the Captain reference?
A trawler Captain, he could be the captain of my sole!
Sounds fishy to me. 🙂
There had to be a catch.
Good one. I’ve been trying to come up with some smart reply, but I’ve got nothing, so you win this round!
Still floundering, Kate?
Perfect, Bella!