@sandradavies
Active 5 hours, 1 minute ago-
Thea joined the group
Songs of Innocence and Experience 7 years, 1 month ago -
Squidge started the topic September 2019 in the forum Monthly Competition 7 years, 1 month ago
Right, many of you know I use paint samples as one of my writing prompts in creative writing sessions; now you get to have a go.
The samples are all beige/brown in colour. Your challenge is to pick one of the following names given to the shades of brown and give me a max of 400 words, using the name as a title. Your choices are;
Je M’Appelle…[Read more]
-
Squidge replied to the topic Monthly comp – August in the forum Monthly Competition 7 years, 1 month ago
Flip! Thank you! Only popped in here cos I had a spare two minutes!
Give me til tonight, and I’ll think of something for you all to dig your teeth into…
-
John S Alty replied to the topic Monthly comp – August in the forum Monthly Competition 7 years, 1 month ago
Thanks Kate, good comp.
-
Kate replied to the topic Monthly comp – August in the forum Monthly Competition 7 years, 1 month ago
Thanks everyone for taking part. These were all such great pieces its been incredibly hard to decide on a winner, so a few brief thoughts on them:
Baz โ This one gave me a real prickle. Loved the feel those open ended questions gave it, and the ending is as if youโre slamming a door.
John โ Bravo. Love the message in the last line of the first…[Read more]
-
Kate replied to the topic Monthly comp – August in the forum Monthly Competition 7 years, 1 month ago
Iโve read them all and am completely stumped as to which to choose. Will have to sleep on it. Being as Iโm having so much trouble, I am open to bribes… 😬
-
Athelstone posted an update in the group
Songs of Innocence and Experience 7 years, 1 month agoSome intriguing choices being made. I hope that expectations are not knocked too far off kilter when the theme and meaning of the choices is revealed. I’m sure that kind, clever, wise, reliable and wholly impartial Jules will make my choices quite perfectly.
-
Raine posted an update in the group
Songs of Innocence and Experience 7 years, 1 month ago@sandradavies You choose the BEST character names! ๐
-
Philippa East joined the group
Songs of Innocence and Experience 7 years, 1 month ago -
Kate replied to the topic Monthly comp – August in the forum Monthly Competition 7 years, 1 month ago
A last reminder to anyone who wants to take part.
-
Kate joined the group
Songs of Innocence and Experience 7 years, 1 month ago -
Raine posted an update 7 years, 1 month ago
How’re things, Denizens? Hurray and thanks to @athelstone for managing to drag me out of my cave to sign up for his splendid comp. *crawls back into cave to mull choices*
-
GippsGirl joined the group
Songs of Innocence and Experience 7 years, 1 month ago -
Raine joined the group
Songs of Innocence and Experience 7 years, 1 month ago -
KazG joined the group
Songs of Innocence and Experience 7 years, 1 month ago -
Jonathan joined the group
Songs of Innocence and Experience 7 years, 1 month ago -
Daedalus replied to the topic Monthly comp – August in the forum Monthly Competition 7 years, 1 month ago
I’ve composed mine. I just haven’t written it down yet…
-
Kate replied to the topic Monthly comp – August in the forum Monthly Competition 7 years, 1 month ago
One week left to get your comp entry in!
-
Squidge joined the group
Songs of Innocence and Experience 7 years, 1 month ago -
Athelstone replied to the topic Monthly comp – August in the forum Monthly Competition 7 years, 1 month ago
You see, what Mrs High and Mighty Rachel Jacobs doesnโt realise is that every time her big shiny car overlaps my drive, I go and walk by it โ and I knock her door mirror flat. Of course, itโs an expensive mirror with an expensive motor, and one day my efforts will make that motor fail. Sometimes I brush against the side, just casually. And if I…[Read more]
- Load More
