-
Athelstone posted an update in the group
Songs of Innocence and Experience 7 years, 1 month agoSome intriguing choices being made. I hope that expectations are not knocked too far off kilter when the theme and meaning of the choices is revealed. I’m sure that kind, clever, wise, reliable and wholly impartial Jules will make my choices quite perfectly.
-
GippsGirl joined the group
Songs of Innocence and Experience 7 years, 1 month ago -
Barny joined the group
Songs of Innocence and Experience 7 years, 1 month ago -
Clebs joined the group
Songs of Innocence and Experience 7 years, 1 month ago -
Daedalus replied to the topic Monthly comp – August in the forum Monthly Competition 7 years, 1 month ago
I’ve composed mine. I just haven’t written it down yet…
-
Athelstone replied to the topic Monthly comp – August in the forum Monthly Competition 7 years, 1 month ago
You see, what Mrs High and Mighty Rachel Jacobs doesn’t realise is that every time her big shiny car overlaps my drive, I go and walk by it – and I knock her door mirror flat. Of course, it’s an expensive mirror with an expensive motor, and one day my efforts will make that motor fail. Sometimes I brush against the side, just casually. And if I…[Read more]
-
-
Jules joined the group
Songs of Innocence and Experience 7 years, 1 month ago -
Daedalus joined the group
Songs of Innocence and Experience 7 years, 1 month ago -
John S Alty joined the group
Songs of Innocence and Experience 7 years, 1 month ago -
Athelstone posted an update 7 years, 1 month ago
Songs of Innocence and Experience
OK. New Short Story Challenge. SEE THE NEW GROUP FOR DETAILS.
As Joey Ramone once remarked, “Hey Ho Let’s Go”
-
Athelstone posted an update 7 years, 1 month ago
My head says NO, but against this better judgement I have decided to run another winter short story challenge. Autumn seems to have arrived early in this corner of Europe with cold wind and rain, alternating with fickle sunshine. Even Eratigena atrica has begun its amorous invasion of my home a few weeks ahead of schedule, so to take my mind off…[Read more]
-
Fab, Ath. These are always so inspiring. 🙂
-
Brilliant, Ath. I was just about to message you and ask if you were running a winter comp this year 😁
-
Hooray!!! Good on you Ath. And a kick up the bum to me to clear the decks of some current stuff.
Three cheers, I say.-
Is that the time already? I still haven’t finished the last one.
-
Didn’t manage the last one. Must try harder. Good for you, Ath.
-
Great news and thanks Ath
-
-
-
-
Fabulous news – love the name. All sorts of possibilities springing to mind there… Thanks, Ath x
-
I promise to try harder for this one. The last lies somewhere among other penned ideas, in one of my jotters.
-
-
This is great but good Lord where has this year gone?
-
I ate it
-
Can I offer you a blackberry tart instead? I need some of the year that’s left
-
Make it crumble. With custard
-
Can I have a bit of both, please? Oh, and yes, custard definitely.
-
-
-
-
-
Daedalus replied to the topic Mobile phones in the forum The Writers' Lifeboat 7 years, 1 month ago
Brilliant. Love that
-
Daedalus replied to the topic Mobile phones in the forum The Writers' Lifeboat 7 years, 1 month ago
…PS am certainly intrigued by the story’s ending now anyway
-
Daedalus replied to the topic Mobile phones in the forum The Writers' Lifeboat 7 years, 1 month ago
Ref Tony’s previous comment, if a call can’t connect to a mobile it doesn’t always go to voicemail. Plenty of times I’ve called a number and instead of an answer or voicemail, heard something to the effect of ‘the number cannot be reached’ (can’t remember exact wording).
In any case, I think if the caller was worried and desperate to get hold o…[Read more]
-
Athelstone posted an update 7 years, 1 month ago
Just sailing out of Cherbourg. Bit sad really. Probably last visit as an EU citizen. For a while anyway.
-
Daedalus replied to the topic Mobile phones in the forum The Writers' Lifeboat 7 years, 2 months ago
Very good question. You could have a play with the settings on your own phone to see if you can stop it going to voicemail, or set it for a greater number of rings before it does? I’m sure I’ve known mobiles that ring for ages before the go to voicemail, and also as the caller you can cut off the call and ring back almost instantly if the pho…[Read more]
-
-
Jules replied to the topic Book Two – Out Now in the forum Podium 7 years, 2 months ago
Thanks Elle and Mad 🙂
And Kaz, I am now tempted to do exactly that. ‘Ironside’s Guide to the bizarre Middle Ages’ :’D
-
John S Alty replied to the topic Monthly comp – August in the forum Monthly Competition 7 years, 2 months ago
Have we ever had an entry in the form of a song before? Formatting may be a challenge, so bear with me.
On a restroom wall in Baltimore,
Above a broken sink,
Someone scratched this message,
“It’s later than you think”I took this simple line to heart,
I saw that it was true,
And built myself a sturdy boat,
Then sailed the ocean blue.Time goes…[Read more]
- Load More

You’re not trying to butter me up there at all, are you, Ath?
😂
Simply speaking the truth – as I learned to at my mother’s knee…