<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rss version="2.0"
	xmlns:content="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/"
	xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom"
	xmlns:sy="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/syndication/"
	xmlns:slash="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/slash/"
	>

<channel>
	<title>Den of Writers | Xander Michael | Friends Activity</title>
	<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/members/xander78/activity/friends/</link>
	<atom:link href="https://www.denofwriters.com/members/xander78/activity/friends/feed/" rel="self" type="application/rss+xml" />
	<description>Activity feed for Xander Michael&#039;s friends.</description>
	<lastBuildDate>Wed, 07 Oct 2026 21:04:00 +0000</lastBuildDate>
	<generator>https://buddypress.org/?v=</generator>
	<language>en-GB</language>
	<ttl>30</ttl>
	<sy:updatePeriod>hourly</sy:updatePeriod>
	<sy:updateFrequency>2</sy:updateFrequency>
	
						<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">7fd6efb79593c51c1ce3cb5677a2fc81</guid>
				<title>Sandra replied to the topic October 2026 Monthly Competition in the forum Monthly Competition</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/october-2026-monthly-competition/#post-18016</link>
				<pubDate>Tue, 06 Oct 2026 10:44:58 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><strong>Easy peasy </strong></p>
<p>Yesterday evening, me  in mindless  mood, scrolling between television programmes, and phone an Instagram a reel came up, featuring the ever- crumpled face of Mick Jagger. He answering some question about song writing, where he got his inspiration from.</p>
<p>His ‘<em>Everywhere</em>! -Sometimes I only have to look out the window –‘  spanne&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-26066"><a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/october-2026-monthly-competition/#post-18016" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">475394cb945ea16855fe8c7eba86c56c</guid>
				<title>Sandra replied to the topic Monthly Comp - September 2026 in the forum Monthly Competition</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-comp-september-2026/#post-18008</link>
				<pubDate>Sat, 03 Oct 2026 08:16:17 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>I was pleased to have my mind returned to the time I effortlessly wrote dark, so thank you for this, challenge, Sea, ad well as all the contributors &#8211; entertaining every one, but I confess to especially enjoying Libby&#8217;s contempt for the policeman.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">fdad94181d59936b9cf6711c20d0e7cf</guid>
				<title>Seagreen replied to the topic Monthly Comp - September 2026 in the forum Monthly Competition</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-comp-september-2026/#post-18006</link>
				<pubDate>Sat, 03 Oct 2026 05:58:36 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Thank you for indulging me with these entries and apologies once again for being so late with the results.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p><a href='https://www.denofwriters.com/members/jill/' rel="nofollow ugc">@Jill</a>: you gave me exactly what I asked for – an insight into the mind of a killer – in this case, a victim of domestic abuse who was finally pushed too far. Your words paint a quiet picture of an unseen tempest.</p>
<p>@Sandra: Your words pai&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-26057"><a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-comp-september-2026/#post-18006" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">834d3487eace530ca91220cbc0173388</guid>
				<title>Seagreen replied to the topic Monthly Comp - September 2026 in the forum Monthly Competition</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-comp-september-2026/#post-18005</link>
				<pubDate>Thu, 01 Oct 2026 21:12:10 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Apologies, all. Just home from work and, while the mind is willing, the body is most definitely wrecked. It’ll be tomorrow before I get a chance to read the entries.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">593b204ad77d3321d0ff2dde07c77caa</guid>
				<title>Sandra replied to the topic Monthly Comp - September 2026 in the forum Monthly Competition</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-comp-september-2026/#post-17948</link>
				<pubDate>Thu, 03 Sep 2026 08:49:28 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><strong>Episode from  long-running tale ‘The Blacksmith’s wife’</strong></p>
<p><strong> </strong></p>
<p>Kick a corpse to life and you’ll inevitably disturb carrion.</p>
<p>Tao knew this but only recalled it on attempting to leave his inn-room. The body that had earlier impeded his exit messenger for the man whose name Tao had evoked in hope of boosting his financial standing, believing those who&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-25995"><a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-comp-september-2026/#post-17948" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">b6ad96b998d8916fcbeb0a298712cd36</guid>
				<title>Seagreen started the topic Monthly Comp - September 2026 in the forum Monthly Competition</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-comp-september-2026/</link>
				<pubDate>Tue, 01 Sep 2026 17:26:19 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>I don&#8217;t know if anyone remembers one of FergC&#8217;s challenges on the Cloud when he asked us to get in touch with our darker writing selves and be the villain? I hated it. Sobbed as I wrote, in fact, but my goodness I was stretched by it and just a tiny bit shocked at how wicked I could be.</p>
<p>I hope to stretch you now&#8230;</p>
<p>There&#8217;s a body.</p>
<p>Whether&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-25987"><a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-comp-september-2026/" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">69248d95fa532b38839bbf0b72949a8d</guid>
				<title>Seagreen replied to the topic Monthly Competition August 2026 in the forum Monthly Competition</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-competition-august-2026/#post-17936</link>
				<pubDate>Tue, 01 Sep 2026 17:01:42 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Thanks for the prompt Libby. It seems to have been an age since I  tested the writerly muscles&#8230;</p>
<p>And I second Jill&#8217;s call for virtual medals all round! 🙂</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">1eec4e3d5b8523f5cd294ad1eb59017a</guid>
				<title>Sandra replied to the topic Monthly Competition August 2026 in the forum Monthly Competition</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-competition-august-2026/#post-17934</link>
				<pubDate>Tue, 01 Sep 2026 15:20:44 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Thanks Libby for the prompt and your kind words. Only as I finished writing my entry did I recall the only holiday spent with my parents was in 1973 , after chld#3 born. It was NOT a success (and Dovercourt still feels like home)</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">4fe2968277beea03039b496e52d57a38</guid>
				<title>Seagreen replied to the topic Monthly Competition August 2026 in the forum Monthly Competition</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-competition-august-2026/#post-17929</link>
				<pubDate>Thu, 27 Aug 2026 20:42:48 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>The Space Between the Notes (334 words inc title)</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>It was more than a holiday; it was a ritual, starting with the drive north. The choice of music; what the kids called my soppy stuff &#8211; Savage Garden, Beautiful South and sshhh, don’t say it out loud, Barry Manilow – and the way I always packed the car with a hundred and one things I wou&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-25977"><a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-competition-august-2026/#post-17929" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">4bdd2c6a76dd82ec641d770cd476be0c</guid>
				<title>Sandra replied to the topic Monthly Competition August 2026 in the forum Monthly Competition</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-competition-august-2026/#post-17912</link>
				<pubDate>Mon, 17 Aug 2026 09:07:03 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><strong>Orientation</strong></p>
<p>In July 1953 we  &#8211; Dad, mum. brother and me, left  our  now-echoing  and curtainless home on the edge of Dovercourt Bay – an Essex seaside town dominated by a pair of cast iron  lighthouses whose clean, and well-protected sands were sectioned by sea-slimy black wooden groynes within which squatted large black crabs. There was  also a&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-25958"><a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-competition-august-2026/#post-17912" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">0ca9db9b7812cbda56d23edd00d5ed5b</guid>
				<title>Sandra replied to the topic Monthly competition July 2026 in the forum Monthly Competition</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-competition-july-2026/#post-17883</link>
				<pubDate>Sat, 01 Aug 2026 20:37:21 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Thank TOY Ath foc comp and commentryand well done to all of us for so vividly  evoking childhoods now past, I  particularly enjoyed Ath&#8217;s reference to radio &#8211; ours was a brown 18&#8243;B Bakelite cube which was only allowed into our bedrooms when we were sick (and often. it seemed. Luxembourg sicker. Looking forward to Libby&#8217;s comp for August.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">52dfceb159cd28f986855b6a9dfc46b3</guid>
				<title>Sandra replied to the topic Monthly competition July 2026 in the forum Monthly Competition</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-competition-july-2026/#post-17880</link>
				<pubDate>Sat, 01 Aug 2026 04:57:10 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Don&#8217;t mind at all; hope fulfilling demands not too onerous.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">04bff970281759f7d8c15d53a8470db2</guid>
				<title>Janette replied to the topic Flash fiction published in the forum Podium</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/flash-fiction-published/#post-17877</link>
				<pubDate>Wed, 29 Jul 2026 21:53:27 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Many congratulations, Libby x</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">ba5f85e318673a444bbc40431a878992</guid>
				<title>Sandra replied to the topic Monthly competition July 2026 in the forum Monthly Competition</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-competition-july-2026/#post-17871</link>
				<pubDate>Wed, 22 Jul 2026 08:56:34 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><strong>There’s a word for it!</strong></p>
<p>The much faded five inch Quality Street tin I inherited from my mother is near-filled with  buttons, their variety in part due to them having been donated by my aunt Muriel, who was a dressmaker and her mother Dora who was a tailoress. Needless to say, had there been such, I would’ve won ‘best-dressed child’ many a time had&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-25911"><a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-competition-july-2026/#post-17871" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">4ed6a378d1486fae8c980585bc92e47a</guid>
				<title>Sandra replied to the topic Monthly competition July 2026 in the forum Monthly Competition</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-competition-july-2026/#post-17852</link>
				<pubDate>Wed, 08 Jul 2026 05:45:55 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Well done, Jill &#8211; the only inspiration I&#8217;d had so far, came from my mother&#8217;s mincer (of which I&#8217;ve a 1960&#8217;s version in a cupboard. Back to the drawing board for me  🙂</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">e24ac72f14e7016325e9ea20aa497992</guid>
				<title>Sandra replied to the topic Monthly competition June 2026 in the forum Monthly Competition</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-competition-june-2026/#post-17828</link>
				<pubDate>Wed, 01 Jul 2026 07:00:34 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Hooray!! Well done Ath for your last minute, colourful Teabreak entry thus rescuing me from having to devise July&#8217;s competition  and thank you Jill. for your kind words re &#8216;Snap is not a Children&#8217;s Game&#8217;, adding impetus to my getting on with it.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">ca1801fffd03975b3fa1d66ce29c85ea</guid>
				<title>Sandra replied to the topic Monthly competition June 2026 in the forum Monthly Competition</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-competition-june-2026/#post-17788</link>
				<pubDate>Wed, 03 Jun 2026 05:59:01 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>&lt;h3&gt;Prior to the magic going black&lt;/h3&gt;<br />
&lt;h3&gt;<strong><em>June 23rd, Caithness</em></strong>&lt;/h3&gt;<br />
&nbsp;</p>
<p>Pre-dawn on a midsummer morning, Tait Duncan, drove  south-east along an A1 empty of all but Highlands-bound supermarket wagons, conscience similarly uncluttered by the lie he’d last night told his wife as to the reason for his early morning departure. (In what had become th&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-25825"><a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-competition-june-2026/#post-17788" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">c39302c6c7a36582b2bea4ef6b67a712</guid>
				<title>Sandra replied to the topic Monthly competition May 2026 in the forum Monthly Competition</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-competition-may-2026/#post-17775</link>
				<pubDate>Sun, 31 May 2026 04:02:21 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>A fascinating quartet of music-generated memories resulting in stories that couldn’t help but provide  their own soundtracks.  Ath’s tale fully matched  the discordant challenging streetwise vibes  of the music chosen. Libby’s rich  musical pot-pourri connected brilliantly with the warmth of disparate family interactions. Terrie’s combining ne&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-25810"><a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-competition-may-2026/#post-17775" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">1ae03be6b8a0c2d1c8dd1878d1228623</guid>
				<title>Sandra replied to the topic Monthly competition May 2026 in the forum Monthly Competition</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-competition-may-2026/#post-17772</link>
				<pubDate>Thu, 28 May 2026 18:38:19 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>MONTHLY COMP ALERT &#8211; I was hoping for earworms, from songs I remember but despite two excellent entries,  I feel a little disappointed so more Top Ten memories by Sunday night would be much appreciated.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">de7eb414dd1388656b58147f72f376c3</guid>
				<title>Janette posted a new activity comment</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/activity/p/25801/#acomment-25806</link>
				<pubDate>Wed, 27 May 2026 18:07:19 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Thank you so much, Libby. Hope you enjoy.</p>
				<strong>In reply to</strong> -
				<a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/members/janette/" rel="nofollow ugc">Janette</a> posted an update I have news!
After much waiting, then swearing quite a lot at screens,  The Indiculous Grace Dunn is now available in paperback format from The Great British Bookshop (online) priced [&hellip;]			]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">af6cecda14e307461f7868509da99759</guid>
				<title>Janette posted an update: I have news!
After much waiting, then swearing quite a lot at [&#133;]</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/activity/p/25801/</link>
				<pubDate>Wed, 27 May 2026 13:01:18 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>I have news!<br />
After much waiting, then swearing quite a lot at screens,  The Indiculous Grace Dunn is now available in paperback format from The Great British Bookshop (online) priced £11.99 (please consider this outlet first for the paperback &#8211; it is British and doesn&#8217;t take the great slice such as Amazon demand).<br />
The Ebook version will be&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-25801"><a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/activity/p/25801/" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>4</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">769755d1e3335b936ffaa163d5cbafee</guid>
				<title>Sandra posted a new activity comment</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/activity/p/25772/#acomment-25776</link>
				<pubDate>Fri, 15 May 2026 08:01:35 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Fingers crossed the bacteria can be eradicated and its evil effects brought to an end.  Foraging sounds a goodway to recuperate.</p>
				<strong>In reply to</strong> -
				<a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/members/thea/" rel="nofollow ugc">Thea</a> replied to the topic <a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/a-bit-poorly/" rel="nofollow ugc">A bit &quot;poorly&quot;</a> in the forum <a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/forum/den-of-writers/blogs/" rel="nofollow ugc">Blogs</a> This is such good news, Ath! The relief must be a huge weight off your shoulders and hopefully that has boosted your energy levels. The iron tablets [&hellip;]			]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">096ddd11675c6c5434c1a48ac8851c94</guid>
				<title>Janette posted a new activity comment</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/activity/p/25759/#acomment-25763</link>
				<pubDate>Tue, 12 May 2026 12:54:55 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Ath, this is such a huge relief to hear, though I imagine the mindset prepping beforehand must have left you mentally drained. I have polyps and so have to be monitored with colonoscopies every three years &#8211; I&#8217;m guessing you might be invited to do the same. I hope your quest to find out the cause of the clots and anaemia is soon fruitful and&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-25763"><a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/activity/p/25759/#acomment-25763" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
				<strong>In reply to</strong> -
				<a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/members/athelstone/" rel="nofollow ugc">Athelstone</a> replied to the topic <a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/a-bit-poorly/" rel="nofollow ugc">A bit &quot;poorly&quot;</a> in the forum <a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/forum/den-of-writers/blogs/" rel="nofollow ugc">Blogs</a> I hope that this is a footnote, although I forsee a few more tests from my GP.

Today I had the endoscopy which I believe some of the doctors in my [&hellip;]			]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">d130371a26364b42ac73d81746cb6321</guid>
				<title>Janette posted an update: Apologies again that I have been to busy and distracted to [&#133;]</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/activity/p/25751/</link>
				<pubDate>Tue, 05 May 2026 17:45:30 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Apologies again that I have been to busy and distracted to participate in the comps just yet. You may have seen on FB that I have now announced the imminent launch of my book The Indiculous Grace Dunn, along with a cover preview and blurb. I&#8217;m hoping to launch  by the end of May or early June, depending on how smoothly the readthrough of the proof&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-25751"><a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/activity/p/25751/" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">6777d3e1a08360495a3669e355dcf621</guid>
				<title>Janette posted a new activity comment</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/activity/p/25746/#acomment-25750</link>
				<pubDate>Tue, 05 May 2026 17:37:04 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Good to hear there is progress,  Ath, albeit on the slow side. I&#8217;ll be thinking of you on 11th May, sending positive vibes.</p>
				<strong>In reply to</strong> -
				<a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/members/athelstone/" rel="nofollow ugc">Athelstone</a> replied to the topic <a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/a-bit-poorly/" rel="nofollow ugc">A bit &quot;poorly&quot;</a> in the forum <a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/forum/den-of-writers/blogs/" rel="nofollow ugc">Blogs</a> Thanks for the kind wishes, Jill. I know you&#8217;ve had your own burden lately, and I was so pleased to hear things were going well. At the moment, [&hellip;]			]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">19093e26abc51ec5811874d042cc7805</guid>
				<title>Sandra posted a new activity comment</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/activity/p/25738/#acomment-25742</link>
				<pubDate>Fri, 01 May 2026 08:18:25 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>For May, even!! which I&#8217;ve just posted</p>
				<strong>In reply to</strong> -
				<a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/members/sandradavies/" rel="nofollow ugc">Sandra</a> replied to the topic <a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-competition-april-2026/" rel="nofollow ugc">Monthly Competition April 2026</a> in the forum <a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/forum/den-of-writers/monthly-competition/" rel="nofollow ugc">Monthly Competition</a> &nbsp;

Thank you , Terrie, both for the challenge and your comments on both my entry and Jill&#8217;s excellently crafted, [&hellip;]			]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">67a224978b33348f724ea40725c01946</guid>
				<title>Sandra posted an update: May&#039;s monthly comp is up - something to inspire lots of you I hope!</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/activity/p/25741/</link>
				<pubDate>Fri, 01 May 2026 08:16:24 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>May&#8217;s monthly comp is up &#8211; something to inspire lots of you I hope!</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">5e3db2d642ed0bfc7b5f9bf407118855</guid>
				<title>Sandra started the topic Monthly competition May 2026 in the forum Monthly Competition</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-competition-may-2026/</link>
				<pubDate>Fri, 01 May 2026 08:11:14 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>What I’d like you do for May’s competition  is</p>
<p>1)  choose  a  significant anniversary in your life:  e.g.  birthday,  wedding, first child: graduation – then,</p>
<p>2 ) Google the UK Top 10 singles chart for that week.</p>
<p>3) select two, three or four  song titles  from that list and,</p>
<p>4) use them (loosely if necessary!) as a basis for  a short story, of&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-25740"><a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-competition-may-2026/" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">35db0ec8ce77940425190d3959712a7a</guid>
				<title>Sandra replied to the topic Monthly Competition April 2026 in the forum Monthly Competition</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-competition-april-2026/#post-17707</link>
				<pubDate>Fri, 01 May 2026 05:50:52 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Thank you , Terrie, both for the challenge and your comments on both my entry and Jill&#8217;s excellently crafted, sensitive  story. I&#8217;ll aim to set something for June by the end of today.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>1</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">bf5a5ed39891170f369c405e62986dcf</guid>
				<title>Seagreen replied to the topic A bit &#034;poorly&#034; in the forum Blogs</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/a-bit-poorly/#post-17697</link>
				<pubDate>Sat, 25 Apr 2026 10:40:07 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>What an experience! I’m just glad you’re home and on the mend. Credit to you for maintaining a positive mindset and to Mrs Ath for being amazing!</p>
<p>Not sure if you know, Ath, but positive feedback for specific nurses ‘Natalie did this, Esme supported me with that’ can be used for their revalidation. Just saying. &#x263a;&#xfe0f;</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">7e5da21ec289fb54681dfa7526c0c159</guid>
				<title>Sandra replied to the topic A Step Into Indie Publishing in the forum Blogs</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/a-step-into-indie-publishing/#post-17696</link>
				<pubDate>Sat, 25 Apr 2026 08:26:32 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Thank you for this Janette; as a Blurb self-publisher , (but not seller), I much appreciate this breakdown of your experiences .</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">01c100f690326df70323d565daa07169</guid>
				<title>Sandra replied to the topic A bit &#034;poorly&#034; in the forum Blogs</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/a-bit-poorly/#post-17695</link>
				<pubDate>Sat, 25 Apr 2026 06:17:12 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>I&#8217;ve always found the same, right up to last week with  the theatre nurse who held my hand while my eye was bring anatheasised for an op.  bless him. (all well post op.)</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">562a36267e2bf47fc61888fcc8e67aea</guid>
				<title>Sandra replied to the topic A bit &#034;poorly&#034; in the forum Blogs</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/a-bit-poorly/#post-17692</link>
				<pubDate>Fri, 24 Apr 2026 18:42:50 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Crikey Moses, William, I&#8217;m heart-heartedly glad to hear you are home and hopefully on your way to some sort of recovery &#8211; what a torrid time you and your family must have gone through, and thank you for updating us so vividly.</p>
<p>Sendng love and the most healingest of good wishes</p>
<p>Sandra</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">23dc4a87bb2ca034987e120669ceb11c</guid>
				<title>Janette replied to the topic A bit &#034;poorly&#034; in the forum Blogs</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/a-bit-poorly/#post-17691</link>
				<pubDate>Fri, 24 Apr 2026 18:34:05 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Hell, Ath, this is too much for one person to put up with, and must have been (and continues to be) very frightening. I really do hope that the &#8216;frightening bit&#8217; is treatable, and that you get an upturn in health very soon. Thinking of you loads and sending positive vibes your way.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">56ffab30ea176d20323ef846fb7e040f</guid>
				<title>Sandra replied to the topic Monthly Competition April 2026 in the forum Monthly Competition</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-competition-april-2026/#post-17655</link>
				<pubDate>Tue, 14 Apr 2026 14:34:17 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><strong>Untitled</strong></p>
<p><strong>‘G</strong>obsmacked’ the inelegant word that came to mind when I read the letter. What else would you expect , being told your three year-old daughter’s poem had been awarded first prize ?  A prize  which earned her up to three sittings with well-renowned portrait artist Bernard Broom. Especially when I’d not an inkling she’d  written any&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-25685"><a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-competition-april-2026/#post-17655" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">47fba8d6bdae911eefcc8ba5d4837e84</guid>
				<title>Janette posted a new activity comment</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/activity/p/25667/#acomment-25668</link>
				<pubDate>Thu, 02 Apr 2026 16:11:54 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>It was a pleasure, Libby &#8211; and I truly loved your story too.<br />
I have just messaged Ath.</p>
				<strong>In reply to</strong> -
				<a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/members/libby/" rel="nofollow ugc">Libby</a> replied to the topic <a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-ompetition-march-2026/" rel="nofollow ugc">Monthly ompetition March 2026</a> in the forum <a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/forum/den-of-writers/monthly-competition/" rel="nofollow ugc">Monthly Competition</a> Congratulations, Terrie! What a wonderful story. Loved it.

Thank you, Janette, for stepping in. Btw does Ath know he [&hellip;]			]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">ffe5c091516737b892ff284b1f275f80</guid>
				<title>Sandra replied to the topic Monthly ompetition March 2026 in the forum Monthly Competition</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-ompetition-march-2026/#post-17637</link>
				<pubDate>Thu, 02 Apr 2026 12:47:26 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Thank you Janette &#8211; you did us proud with thoughtful comments, and well done for every other entry, all of which fitted the remit  much more closely than my hastily-grabbed from a long-ago hidden in the drawer novel.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">8b8e02afdc6fd2c1922e3473bcdabfa5</guid>
				<title>Janette replied to the topic Monthly ompetition March 2026 in the forum Monthly Competition</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-ompetition-march-2026/#post-17635</link>
				<pubDate>Thu, 02 Apr 2026 11:15:15 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Simple, I thought &#8211; judge a few stories for the March competition while Ath is out of action (Ath, if you&#8217;re reading this, sending BIG healing vibes and willing a speedy recovery). But &#8211; what a dilemma to be handed. These are all excellent and worthy to be winners in their own right.</p>
<p>But judge I must, as promised, so here are my thoughts:</p>
<p>Jill -&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-25664"><a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-ompetition-march-2026/#post-17635" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">11486780d397d1c41234e9432052a040</guid>
				<title>Sandra replied to the topic Monthly ompetition March 2026 in the forum Monthly Competition</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-ompetition-march-2026/#post-17633</link>
				<pubDate>Thu, 02 Apr 2026 10:00:55 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Janette has kindly volunteered !!</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">68a5ab732165e60fbeaedd52fe997e12</guid>
				<title>Sandra replied to the topic Monthly ompetition March 2026 in the forum Monthly Competition</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-ompetition-march-2026/#post-17630</link>
				<pubDate>Thu, 02 Apr 2026 08:13:04 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Having heard Athelstone indisposed again, it&#8217;s unlikely he&#8217;ll be be judging  this any time soon</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">9fd9fb162d9f1a8af42d2e1ad830982c</guid>
				<title>Seagreen replied to the topic Monthly ompetition March 2026 in the forum Monthly Competition</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-ompetition-march-2026/#post-17619</link>
				<pubDate>Tue, 31 Mar 2026 11:02:56 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Damn! It messed with my formatting 🙁</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">b1a04ce08199f5a6a0b7a70c9412b2ce</guid>
				<title>Seagreen replied to the topic Monthly ompetition March 2026 in the forum Monthly Competition</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-ompetition-march-2026/#post-17618</link>
				<pubDate>Tue, 31 Mar 2026 11:01:45 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>The madness is all mine for thinking I could do this!</p>
<p>All words taken from Rod Judkins&#8217; <em>The Art of Creative Thinking.</em></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p><strong>DRIBBLES AND SPATTERS</strong></p>
<p>Inner demons</p>
<p>chisel</p>
<p>creative confidence</p>
<p>Ideas so strange</p>
<p>wither.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Radiate defiance</p>
<p>Salvage mistakes with freedom</p>
<p>and</p>
<p>transform the message</p>
<p>Come alive!</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">65cca6e772119a7c624c06e912dcaa80</guid>
				<title>Janette posted a new activity comment</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/activity/p/25618/#acomment-25643</link>
				<pubDate>Sun, 29 Mar 2026 10:07:07 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Thanks, Bella. Gwynn GB warned it was a lot of work done properly, but to treat it as a business. It seems though, that you don&#8217;t escape any of the marketing work if taken on via trad publishing. Yes, let&#8217;s hope the work pays off &#8211; fingers crossed.</p>
				<strong>In reply to</strong> -
				<a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/members/janette/" rel="nofollow ugc">Janette</a> started the topic <a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/a-step-into-indie-publishing/" rel="nofollow ugc">A Step Into Indie Publishing</a> in the forum <a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/forum/den-of-writers/blogs/" rel="nofollow ugc">Blogs</a> Several weeks ago, I posted that I had stopped seeking representation for my book, Grace (full title to be revealed with the book cover), [&hellip;]			]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">e522dc40030a74a68ed51889a8a94a27</guid>
				<title>Janette started the topic A Step Into Indie Publishing in the forum Blogs</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/a-step-into-indie-publishing/</link>
				<pubDate>Thu, 19 Mar 2026 17:04:17 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Several weeks ago, I posted that I had stopped seeking representation for my book, Grace (full title to be revealed with the book cover), and go down the Indi path. As a complete publishing novice, my first reaction was ‘where the hell do I begin?’ And, for those others wondering the same thing, promised I would report back on anything I had don&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-25618"><a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/a-step-into-indie-publishing/" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>2</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">1ed0a26b54be8f61d9412acb573f3753</guid>
				<title>Sandra replied to the topic Monthly ompetition March 2026 in the forum Monthly Competition</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-ompetition-march-2026/#post-17558</link>
				<pubDate>Mon, 09 Mar 2026 10:31:16 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><strong>Not yet mad enough &#8230;</strong></p>
<p>Wine-heavy eyes and naked, she was cleaning her teeth in front of the bathroom mirror when he came in through the door behind her.   He stood behind her, serious-faced, saying nothing, but unignorably attentive.   She finished brushing. Spat, rinsed and spat a couple more times then put the toothbrush back in the glass on&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-25573"><a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-ompetition-march-2026/#post-17558" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">bf6738a7243c90276392c1d160978ad3</guid>
				<title>Sandra replied to the topic February 2026 Monthly Competition in the forum Monthly Competition</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/february-2026-monthly-competition/#post-17528</link>
				<pubDate>Sun, 01 Mar 2026 12:03:35 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Congratulations, Ath &#8211; more Teabreak always welcome, and well done Jill for so richly regarding the rules. Thanks Libby for appreciating my desire to take part, but this extract the only one I could recall which specifically mentioned &#8216;loving&#8217;</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">765d6c5e069a6da4a00c9e27d58adde4</guid>
				<title>Janette posted a new activity comment</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/activity/p/25513/#acomment-25521</link>
				<pubDate>Sat, 28 Feb 2026 16:48:19 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>So sorry, Libby, that I simply haven&#8217;t found the time to fit in the comp yet. There is a crazy amount of things going on for me atm, some of which will become apparent soon. </p>
				<strong>In reply to</strong> -
				<a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/members/libby/" rel="nofollow ugc">Libby</a> replied to the topic <a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/february-2026-monthly-competition/" rel="nofollow ugc">February 2026 Monthly Competition</a> in the forum <a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/forum/den-of-writers/monthly-competition/" rel="nofollow ugc">Monthly Competition</a> Amid the excitement of the annual Den Challenge there&#8217;s also the February monthly comp!! A reminder that there are two [&hellip;]			]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">a3700e08c46a03430c4f2fb15f916dda</guid>
				<title>Sandra replied to the topic February 2026 Monthly Competition in the forum Monthly Competition</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/february-2026-monthly-competition/#post-17470</link>
				<pubDate>Wed, 18 Feb 2026 09:10:32 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><strong>&#8216;Snap&#8217; snippet</strong></p>
<p>From the steps of Leith&#8217;s registry Office,<em> exceeding the word count and containing expletives, but the best I can do given other demands.  </em></p>
<p>Then, hand in hand, another looking-to-be-wed couple arrived from the rear carpark. On foot and windblown,  Well-matched in the scruffiness of their clothes. Even earlier for their ceremony th&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-25459"><a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/february-2026-monthly-competition/#post-17470" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">c18a330ff3e8c633ebb7696316758298</guid>
				<title>Janette posted a new activity comment</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/activity/p/25265/#acomment-25312</link>
				<pubDate>Sun, 08 Feb 2026 21:37:46 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Hi Hel! So glad to hear from you again! How are you? Are you still writing?<br />
I am starting the self-publishing route for my Grace book after reading up on the Trad V Indie comparisons. Currently awaiting cover design proposals, when I&#8217;ll send them my WIP for typesetting. It&#8217;s all feeling terrifyingly close, but exciting.</p>
				<strong>In reply to</strong> -
				<a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/members/helen/" rel="nofollow ugc">HELEN KAMPFNER</a> posted an update Hi Janette, hi everyone. So lovely to reconnect. How are you all doing?			]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">d0a422adccbaf737817954205d02fa22</guid>
				<title>Sandra&#039;s profile was updated</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/activity/p/25293/</link>
				<pubDate>Sun, 08 Feb 2026 11:09:22 +0000</pubDate>

				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
		
	</channel>
</rss>