A Room with a View

About Forums Den of Writers Blogs A Room with a View

Viewing 26 posts - 31 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Sandra
    Participant

I’ve messaged Neil Evans on FB, since he wasn’t on your list, Ath.

Athelstone

Ah no, he was the very last to join!

Hilary
    Participant

I found @denofwriters on twitter, followed, but now can’t find it any more. Umm?

Mad Iguana
    Participant

Sorry Hilary. They asked me to enter my date of birth and I, thinking it was cute and not realising it was silly, put in today and the account was promptly locked for being under 13.
    So I’ve had to send them a scan of my passport to prove that I’m not a newborn baby.
    And to think they don’t ban fascists

Hilary
    Participant

hehe!

Athelstone

OK, I’ve been through the list of members here and the list of entrants to the WordCloud challenge. It looks promising. So promising in fact that I’ve decided to run it here. Before you get too excited, I think it would be really sad to drop those potential entrants who haven’t found their way here yet. I’m posting the list of ‘the missing’ below. If you’re here already under a new name, please shout so we don’t go on trying to find you. If you know a way to contact the member listed under the old WordCloud User Name, then please let me know here and if you would be so kind, let the member know about the Den as well. Maybe we won’t get everybody – and some may not wish to join us. That’s the way of things. Oh yes, I’m pretty sure I know who poggle is.

This is one exercise. The Challenge will be another. I’ll set up a new group and invite entries again. There will be new dates and all members of the Den will be welcome to take part.

Where are they now?
    Aiyla
    bazbaron
    FergC
    JB
    JD -> Jonathan?
    John Alty -> Joined (John S Alty)
    karen
    Lightning
    Lizzielion
    Matty
    Poggle
    Purple witch -> Joined (Terrie)
    Yo

• This reply was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by Athelstone.
    Jules
    Participant

Karen was in my SE course so I might possibly have an email address for her. I think Baz is on facebook.

Sandra
    Participant

I’ll definitely let Purple Witch know

• This reply was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by Sandra.
    Sandra
    Participant

… and I’ve posted on the YWP FB page.

Athelstone

Thanks, Sandra
    Thanks, Jules

Daedalus
    Participant

I gather JD is here as Jonathan

Raine
    Participant

Some of them might be at York! Maybe someone there could hold a wee banner up saying ‘Cloud Comp waifs and strays this way =>’ 🙂

Raine
    Participant

Oh my word, the Den makes emojis! :-O

Raine
    Participant

But not that one, clearly. 🙁

Athelstone

Thanks each 😮

Daedalus
    Participant

==(:-)=

Abe Lincoln

Barny
    Participant

Having a groundhog moment, and I’m looking forward to it, again.

Kate
    Participant

I’ve tweeted John Alty.

Athelstone

Thanks, Kate

Athelstone

OK – this is really important. This is NEW, this is a TWIST and this is IMPORTANT.

The choices you have made, are making and are still free to change can have an impact on the way you write your story. However, one of the choices may have a surprising effect depending on whether I am GENEROUS or MEAN. And the surprise may not be expected. So – generous/mean, mean/generous. I really can’t decide and it’s not fair for me to decide. And not all the group members will see this – so there’s a random element. Scary. And also not fair. Hey Ho! That’s the way it goes.

HELP ME OUT. Vote now in a post to the CHIT CHAT THREAD in the Room with a View group. Vote Generous or vote Mean. Does it mean what you think?

VOTE GENEROUS OR MEAN IN THE CHIT CHAT THREAD. I will be generous or mean accordingly to how the vote goes. In the event of a draw, my default position is GENEROUS.

John S Alty
    Participant

Is this the chit-chat thread? If so I vote MEAN. (If not I still vote MEAN)

Athelstone

It’s not. The chit chat thread is over in the Challenge Group “A Room with a View” but as all votes count – so does yours!

Elle
    Participant

Has the competition moved here from the word cloud. Do I need to sign again? Where is the group? Can you tell I’m confused?

Alan Rain
    Participant

I’m trying to understand this, but it’s like ‘Mornington Crescent’.
    All I understand is that it’s a short story competition.
    Where are the rules? Where is this ‘chit chat’ – I looked in ‘Room with a view’, but got directed somewhere else.

Maybe it’s not for me because I don’t (as yet) write short stories.

Woolleybeans
    Participant

Go to ‘Groups’

Go to ‘A Room with a View’

Go to ‘Forum’

The different topics are all in the ‘A Room with a View’ group forum. You will find ‘Chit Chat’ and explanations of what the competition is there.

Alan Rain
    Participant

Thanks. I didn’t realise it was a group.

Viewing 26 posts - 31 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.