Camp NaNoWriMo

About Forums Den of Writers The Writers’ Lifeboat Camp NaNoWriMo

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    KazG
    Participant

HI all, a few of us have signed up to do Camp NaNoWriMo in April. It’s much like NaNoWriMo in November, except you choose your own target. I’m ready to tackle the next version of my current wip so the timing is perfect for me, and maybe you too!

Anyway if anyone feels like a challenge and a few co-writing cheerleaders, I’ve set up a private cabin over there (yes there are cabins) which is called Mini Den 🙂 (oh the originality). There are four of us in the there atm. If you want to join, sign up and register for Camp at http://campnanowrimo.org as below:

Joining a private cabin

First, make sure you have defined a project for the upcoming event.
    On your Cabin Settings page, make sure you have:
    Selected “I don’t want to be included in a cabin” so you are not sorted into a random cabin,
    Deselected the ”I don’t want cabin invitations this session” option.
    When you are invited to a private cabin, that invitation will pop-up the next time you log in, or refresh the Camp NaNoWriMo page. “Join Now” will take you to your new cabin home; “No Thanks” will delete the invitation.

Then let me know and I’ll send you an invite.

That’s it! Maybe see you over there and happy writing all 🙂

Squidge
    Participant

Might join you – I can use it to be Camp NaNoEdMo again – that worked well for me once before.

Squidge
    Participant

OK, looks like I’m going to be ‘Silver Squidge’ as just Squidge was already taken…

Squidge
    Participant

Having never done Nano before, someone’s going to have to tell me how I log my word count, cos I can’t find where on the menu bar I do that. I have found stats… just not how to change them.

Sometimes I really hate technology.

Woolleybeans
    Participant

Ok, I joined the camp.

Squidge
    Participant

Just to prove how stupid I am – did not realise that the camp didn’t let you post anything until the official start of the writing period. But at least I know where to find the thing to log word count – even if it’s not appearing yet.

Can you tell I’ve not done this before? *face plant*

KazG
    Participant

Hooray, the more the merrier! I’ve sent you both invites and I see you’ve settled in already Squidge 🙂

@squidge
    that doesn’t make you stupid, I did exactly the same thing the first time I did NaNo 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.