Contract finally sorted!

About Forums Den of Writers Podium Contract finally sorted!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Claire Waller
    Participant

YAY!

Just to give you an idea of how long this process is, I received my publication offer in February, announced in March (I think it was March?) and now, finally, all the legal wranglings have been wrangled and according to Lovely Agent I HAVE A PROPER CONTRACT!

In the US, at least…

(Why are these things never easy?)

So, yeah, Fugly’s definitely happening. Out next Autumn (can’t bring myself to say ‘Fall’) y’all.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Claire Waller. Reason: crap spelling
    Jules
    Participant

Brilliant CJ. I’m so looking forward to reading it. And yes the legal wranglings always take a long time – especially with US, possibly the most letigious country in the wor;ld! Congratulations – really stoked for you 🙂

Pinkbelt
    Participant

Nice one CJ. I’ll look forward to it.

KazG
    Participant

WHOOP! that’s so exciting. Congratulations CJ.

Raine
    Participant

YAAAAS!! Actual real definite contracts are the best sort of contracts. SO much well done! Break out the cake! 🙂

JaneShuff
    Participant

Huge congratulations CJ. Faberoo

Mad Iguana
    Participant

Fantastic news CJ. Can’t wait to read!!

Philippa East
    Participant

Oh my goodness, this is brilliant! Congratulations to you! (And to your agent)

Philippa East
    Participant

ps – I’d love to catch up on your story of getting an agent, if you fancied sharing? I know there are so many different paths and I’d love to hear what yours was like x

Debi Alper
    Participant

*air punch* Yes, publishing moves at a glacial pace but this is a fabulous stride forwards – at last. I saw your lovely agent at York, though we didn’t have a chance to chat. I do know how much she adores you though. (Don’t we all!) xx

RichardB
    Participant

So glad to hear this, Claire. I don’t recall hearing anything from you since you blogged on the Cloud about your first meeting with your agent, and that seems ages ago (though yes, glacial pace is about it). I’ve been wondering what happened, so this is all the more welcome. Congratulations.

Janette
    Participant

Yay, CJ! More good news, whatever pace it comes at! Congratulations!

YES!!! So blooming proud of you :-* Can’t wait to get my hands on it xxx

Daedalus
    Participant

This is wonderful news CJ. Important step on the road – I suspect the fact is has taken a long time is a good thing. Beware the quickly sorted contract.

Woolleybeans
    Participant

Fall y’all!

I can say it. And wave my accent appropriate hat in the air, and drink a shot of whisky. (I am really doing that last one)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.