Flash Fiction Win – posted in the right place now, I hope ;)

About Forums Den of Writers Podium Flash Fiction Win – posted in the right place now, I hope ;)

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Janette
    Participant

As I mentioned all over the rest of DoW except, probably, the right place, I received an email this morning to confirm I have not only won Pennine Ink flash fiction comp 2018, but my other story was placed second. Can you believe it?

Anyway, as asked I have posted the link that contains the winning story below. I can’t believe it is the one that so closely resembles my current wip – perhaps I’ve found my niche 😉

https://pennine-ink.weebly.com/competition-results.html

Jules
    Participant

This is brilliant, Janette. 1st and 2nd place. Grinning from ear to ear 😀

Sandra
    Participant

Just read it – told with your usual heart-warming warmth, salted, as always with human reality. Excellent.

Daedalus
    Participant

Fantastic, Janette. Delighted for you. What a lot of power you’ve packed into a few words. Cracking bit of writing and a well deserved winner.

Any plans for the second-place piece?

Janette
    Participant

I’m going to go with the advice given and submit it to another comp, this time with its original title ‘The Grandmothers’. If it sounds familiar, it is because it was an old comp entry over on Cloud but which I polished up a little, this one set in a Celtic village (yes, rather like my other wip *blushes*). As I don’t want to compromise by publishing it, I’m reluctant to post it here, but will plonk it somewhere ‘private’ perhaps.

KazG
    Participant

First AND second – that’s just amazing, Janette! I remember your story well – I loved it when I first read it, so deceptively simple yet powerful, without a hint of sentimentality. Just like this one. Very well deserved win, I’m SO happy for you 🙂

• This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by KazG.
    Squidge
    Participant

So, so pleased for you – to get placed once in a comp is awesome, but to be placed twice in the same one? Out of this world!

I am so chuffed with all this good news today in the Den!!

Kate
    Participant

This is brilliant news. Congratulations.

Philippa East
    Participant

This is fab! Well done!!

Hilary
    Participant

Well done, Janette! Good for you.

Mad Iguana
    Participant

Amazing stuff Janette. Well done!!

Giselle
    Participant

It was lovely to see you again at York, Janette. Bravo for your double-win ! Your story is emotionally rich and poignant without reaching pathos or simplicity. Beautifully done, and a well-deserved victory (victories).

Elle
    Participant

Congratulations! Read the winning story and it is beautiful and well deserved 1st place.

JT.
    Participant

Brilliant news! You must be dancing!

GippsGirl
    Participant

Congratulations Janette! What wonderful validation. Your ability to infuse deep emotion in such a short piece is impressive. 🙂

John S Alty
    Participant

Belated congratulations, Janette, super job.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.