Friends

About Forums Den of Writers Coffee Shop Friends

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    John S Alty
    Participant

Can someone explain this “friends” thing? I have seen it on other forums, so I know it’s a recognized feature. And I’ve had “friend requests” to which I always respond positively. What I don’t get is what it does that just being a member of the forum doesn’t. Aren’t we all friends? Confused.

Jules
    Participant

There are two things it does do, John.

1 – it forms one of the filters on what you want to see on the main wall (Activity tab on main menu). You can toggle through the sub menu and choose to only see what friends have said. Right now we’re a small forum of 70 but if we hit a couple of 1000 of active users, you might very well prefer to just see what friends have posted! 😉

2 – if you ever create a group, you can invite friends to join in. Not sure if you can invite non-friends although they can certainly request to join.

Otherwise no it doesn’t make much difference but we’re a clannish species and people like to pal up it seems 🙂

John S Alty
    Participant

Thanks Jules.

GippsGirl
    Participant

Never understood the filtering aspect of making friends, Jules, so thanks for that. The friends function never seemed to make any difference on the Cloud (that I could detect) but making friends here over recent weeks has felt more about reunion hugs and so-happy-and-relieved-to-see-you-again. 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.