Guidance on writing about mental health topics

About Forums Den of Writers Marketplace Guidance on writing about mental health topics

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Philippa East
    Participant

Hi guys,

If you are writing about mental health in any shape or form, and want to check facts, accuracy, etc., I run a (free) consultancy service for this. See here:

https://www.drphilippaeast.co.uk/for-writers

You can also message me directly via this forum.

Daedalus
    Participant

This is absolutely fantastic. What a brilliant resource

Hilary
    Participant

Such a generous thing to do.

Alan Rain
    Participant

Ditto and ditto.
    (sounds like a literary agency)

Raine
    Participant

It’s an incredibly kind service to offer, P. *blows kisses*

I might ask for some help with the newest wip once I’ve got the next batch of edits done…

Philippa East
    Participant

You’re welcome! It’s a nice way for me to bridge my two “identities” (writer and psychologist) xx

Woolleybeans
    Participant

This is basically what I write about. 🙂 Awesome.

GippsGirl
    Participant

Wowed by your generosity, Philippa! I’m sure you do/will get a lot out of it too. In case you missed my post on another thread, I recently completed a stunning course at Faber called ‘Who do you think they are?’ which was led by a psychotherapist. It was fascinating and very useful.

Philippa East
    Participant

Oh! Where is that thread, please, @gippsgirl ?

GippsGirl
    Participant

On the How to get an Agent thread, page 3. In any event, here is the course:
    https://www.faberacademy.co.uk/creative-writing-courses/who-do-you-think-they-are-character-creative-writing-course-gic2.html

The course is horrendously expensive, and the course info is a little misleading in that the tutoring is only in the morning. Nevertheless, I, and everyone else on the course was blown away. Lots of theory and exercises to enhance learning.

Philippa East
    Participant

Oh yeah! That looks great. I know writer and Clinical Psychologist Stephanie Hutton has also now started running some similar courses herself. Great stuff!

Daedalus
    Participant

It’s so heartening that people in the industry are taking this seriously now. And good though it is that there are paid-for courses available, for someone with the knowledge and experience to offer a checking and advice service free of charge is really brilliant.

Wondering if you might be up for ploughing through a 150k m/s loaded with PTSD etc?…

Philippa East
    Participant

Sure! You are welcome to email the MS over to me (do you have my email?)

Let me know if you have any specific questions and / or any specific bits you are concerned about.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.