Logging in

About Forums Den of Writers Admin and Technical Logging in

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    John S Alty
    Participant

When I log in on Writer’s Forum nothing happens – one, two, three tries, nothing. But if I then click on, say, Activity, log-in completes on the new page, after which I have full access. Just thought you might want to know this.

Athelstone

Hi John
    I’m assuming that you get the login screen with user name, password and the login button, but that if you click the button it just goes on showing you that screen. I wondered whether a broken page was lodged in your browser cache which is stopping the ‘logged in’ screen appearing even though you have successfully logged in. I’m not saying this is the explanation, just a guess. I’ve seen one or two glitches around password authentication so there may well be something else to look at.

Could you try to clear your browser cache to see if the issue is fixed?

Chrome: 3 dots top right – more tools – clear browsing data – make sure only Cached Images and Files is ticked
    Firefox: History (top left) – Clear recent history – time range everything and make sure only Cache is ticked
    Internet Explorer: Gear icon top right – safety – Delete Browsing History – make sure only Temporary Internet files is ticked

John S Alty
    Participant

Clearing browser cache has no effect.

John S Alty
    Participant

But now, three log-ins later, it works normally.

John S Alty
    Participant

I now see the original situation still prevails. Log in on the Writer’s Forum page and nothing happens, then move to Activity and log-in completes. All then OK. But, if I leave the site and come back later to the Writer’s Forum page I appear to have been logged out but if I click on Activity, I see I’m actually still logged in. A WordPress glitch, I think.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.