Almost there for the Monthly Competition. Hurry, hurry, hurry!
Almost there for the Monthly Competition. Hurry, hurry, hurry!
powered by bulletin

Prize and novel publication

About Forums Den of Writers Podium Prize and novel publication

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Hilary
    Participant

Some of you will already know this if you hang out on twitter. My debut novel, Sea Defences, is coming out in January and can be pre-ordered from http://www.eye-books.com/books/sea-defences. It started life as a short story in one of the winter challenges on the old Cloud – I think it was the last one that AlanP did. There will be a Book Launch in Sudbury, Suffolk on Thursday 12th January, so if anyone is interested in coming, I can post a link on here soon. It’s a bit out in the sticks but there is a train station and there will be fizz.

I was also flabbergasted and delighted to win the flash fiction competition in the Bridport Prize this year with a little piece called ‘Some creatures trapped in ice.’

Feel a bit sheepish for just dropping in to ‘podium’ (which I understand is now a verb!), but I do look in now and then to see how everyone is doing.

All the best, Hilary

Libby
    Participant

Congratulations @hilary

I’ve ordered a copy of Sea Defences. I’m highly unlikely to be in Suffolk in January but have a great time at the launch.

Congratulations too for the flash win. Does the Bridport site post the winning stories? I couldn’t find any but the site isn’t the easiest to use.

Hilary
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: right;”>Thanks for ordering, Libby.</p>
    Bridport don’t publish online because they publish an anthology – even the ebook is not cheap!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.