@bellam
Active 3 months, 1 week ago-
JaneShuff replied to the topic Publishing deal!! in the forum Podium 7 years, 3 months ago
Wonderful, wonderful news!
-
Squidge replied to the topic Publishing deal!! in the forum Podium 7 years, 3 months ago
Bloody fantastic news, Kaz! Well done xxx
-
Athelstone replied to the topic Publishing deal!! in the forum Podium 7 years, 3 months ago
Wow, Kaz. Brilliant news and really deserved!
-
John S Alty replied to the topic Publishing deal!! in the forum Podium 7 years, 3 months ago
Well done, congratulations!
-
Athelstone replied to the topic Monthly comp – July 2019 in the forum Monthly Competition 7 years, 3 months ago
Bringing a gun into a house changes it. I move from hallway to sitting room. Little Kev is trying to hide behind a chair. Bang! I shoot him through it. This isn’t the house where Kev lives anymore. His mum stands on the stairs, screaming. Screams of shock and denial I suppose. Bang! Screamy house one minute, quiet house the next. I step over her b…[Read more]
-
Sandra replied to the topic Monthly comp – July 2019 in the forum Monthly Competition 7 years, 3 months ago
-
John S Alty replied to the topic Monthly comp – July 2019 in the forum Monthly Competition 7 years, 3 months ago
Bringing a gun into the house changes it; that’s the truth. It’s not as if it was much of a gun, just an old Spanish automatic called a Ruby. Piece of junk, but cheap on the street. I never knew my dad to be scared of anything but he was scared now. Really scared.
Before, when he hit my mother, we cowered in a corner of the kitchen, my sis…[Read more]
-
Sandra posted an update 7 years, 3 months ago
July’s competition – I’ve given you the first eight words; you only need add 200 more. @libby has set the standard, but I’ve no doubt there’s more than 200 variations to be had. Deadline 31st.
-
JaneShuff replied to the topic Help with a Title, please. in the forum The Writers' Lifeboat 7 years, 3 months ago
ZAnd it’s a vote for ‘improbable’ from me too.
-
Squidge replied to the topic Monthly comp – July 2019 in the forum Monthly Competition 7 years, 3 months ago
Nice. Might have a go as I’m in between edits…
-
Sandra started the topic Monthly comp – July 2019 in the forum Monthly Competition 7 years, 3 months ago
‘Bringing a gun into a house
changes it.’The opening words lines of a poem entitled ‘The Gun’, written in 2001 by Vicki Feaver, whose work I discovered last year.
I’d like you to enlarge upon this by adding no more than 200 words.
And because I’m not convinced that two months makes participation any more likely, I’m setting a deadline of…[Read more]
-
Squidge replied to the topic Help with a Title, please. in the forum The Writers' Lifeboat 7 years, 3 months ago
Works for me! And with the subtitle, too…
-
Squidge replied to the topic Bi-Monthly Comp – May/June 2019 in the forum Monthly Competition 7 years, 3 months ago
Agree with you Raine, 100%! Loved Sandra’s start (among others!!) Well done, Sandra x
-
Athelstone replied to the topic Bi-Monthly Comp – May/June 2019 in the forum Monthly Competition 7 years, 3 months ago
Great idea for the competition, Raine.
Sandra – well deserved. Absolutely intriguing start. -
JaneShuff replied to the topic Help with a Title, please. in the forum The Writers' Lifeboat 7 years, 3 months ago
I like the sub title. It complements the title – which I also think is the right one!
-
John S Alty replied to the topic Bi-Monthly Comp – May/June 2019 in the forum Monthly Competition 7 years, 3 months ago
Thanks for a good competition idea, Raine, and well done Sandra.
-
JaneShuff replied to the topic Bi-Monthly Comp – May/June 2019 in the forum Monthly Competition 7 years, 3 months ago
Yes, brilliant competition. And totally agree with Raine. I would have carried on reading all of them. Congratulation to Sandra and can I add my name to the list of people who would like to read the rest of it.
-
Sandra replied to the topic Bi-Monthly Comp – May/June 2019 in the forum Monthly Competition 7 years, 3 months ago
Good heavens, Raine – what a compliment, especially in view of the strength of the rest; I certainly was torn between at least three to name as my favourite. Thank you, indeed. And you can most certainly read the rest, as soon as it’s done. (Currently ‘resting’ after finishing a first draft last week, and already knowing things need…[Read more]
-
John S Alty replied to the topic Help with a Title, please. in the forum The Writers' Lifeboat 7 years, 3 months ago
Has to be “A Lyttle goes a long way.” Excellent title.
-
Squidge replied to the topic Help with a Title, please. in the forum The Writers' Lifeboat 7 years, 3 months ago
Tony – sorry, but Unrelenting Limelight doesn’t work for me either. Sounds like a tragedy set on a stage, and it sounds like your relative’s life was far from a tragedy.
You said that if you’re not familiar with the name, why buy the book?
Book buyers are a strange crowd, drawn in by all sorts of things. Surely it’s that ‘drawing in’ of…[Read more]
- Load More
