<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rss version="2.0"
	xmlns:content="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/"
	xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom"
	xmlns:sy="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/syndication/"
	xmlns:slash="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/slash/"
	>

<channel>
	<title>Den of Writers | Terrie | Friends Activity</title>
	<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/members/purplewitch/activity/friends/</link>
	<atom:link href="https://www.denofwriters.com/members/purplewitch/activity/friends/feed/" rel="self" type="application/rss+xml" />
	<description>Activity feed for Terrie&#039;s friends.</description>
	<lastBuildDate>Sat, 03 Oct 2026 13:15:20 +0000</lastBuildDate>
	<generator>https://buddypress.org/?v=</generator>
	<language>en-GB</language>
	<ttl>30</ttl>
	<sy:updatePeriod>hourly</sy:updatePeriod>
	<sy:updateFrequency>2</sy:updateFrequency>
	
						<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">475394cb945ea16855fe8c7eba86c56c</guid>
				<title>Sandra replied to the topic Monthly Comp - September 2026 in the forum Monthly Competition</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-comp-september-2026/#post-18008</link>
				<pubDate>Sat, 03 Oct 2026 08:16:17 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>I was pleased to have my mind returned to the time I effortlessly wrote dark, so thank you for this, challenge, Sea, ad well as all the contributors &#8211; entertaining every one, but I confess to especially enjoying Libby&#8217;s contempt for the policeman.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">2dc626623b3e1ffbe27369c1cf5a595f</guid>
				<title>Athelstone replied to the topic Monthly Comp - September 2026 in the forum Monthly Competition</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-comp-september-2026/#post-18002</link>
				<pubDate>Wed, 30 Sep 2026 22:28:51 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Read the others. Wow what hides under the surface!</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">0e1c4315743f38cfa9bcfcd016dcd2f2</guid>
				<title>Athelstone replied to the topic Monthly Comp - September 2026 in the forum Monthly Competition</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-comp-september-2026/#post-18001</link>
				<pubDate>Wed, 30 Sep 2026 16:49:21 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><strong>Body of evidence</strong>.</p>
<p>It’s not as though this is the first body I’ve seen, and it’s not as though this is the first person I’ve killed. As a death it was unremarkable: quick, expected, and I imagine she knew nothing about it. A clean shot through the back of the head in mid-conversation. Only a few of my targets have been so lucky, but my intenti&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-26052"><a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-comp-september-2026/#post-18001" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">0bd54da81e58ebc9e528651d0f43ccf7</guid>
				<title>Athelstone posted a new activity comment</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/activity/p/26009/#acomment-26017</link>
				<pubDate>Wed, 16 Sep 2026 15:16:15 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Thanks for the link, Libby. I was pleased to see that although they accept donations, which is brilliant, the videos are available for free. Since I suspect the principal audience is likely to be writers this reflects an understanding of just how low the median income from our beloved interest really is. Latest figures show a median income for&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-26017"><a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/activity/p/26009/#acomment-26017" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
				<strong>In reply to</strong> -
				<a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/members/libby/" rel="nofollow ugc">Libby</a> started the topic <a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/edinburgh-book-festival-2026-videos/" rel="nofollow ugc">Edinburgh Book Festival 2026 videos</a> in the forum <a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/forum/den-of-writers/coffee-shop/" rel="nofollow ugc">Coffee Shop</a> Videos of author talks at this year&#8217;s Edinburgh International Book Festival are available on [&hellip;]			]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">f45866eff5d87f78d80453e5ca6f4b38</guid>
				<title>John T posted a new activity comment</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/activity/p/26006/#acomment-26013</link>
				<pubDate>Tue, 15 Sep 2026 11:45:05 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Thank you, Kate!</p>
				<strong>In reply to</strong> -
				<a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/members/johnt3/" rel="nofollow ugc">John T</a> posted an update Hello all. I hope you&#8217;ve all survived the summer heat. Sorry for the prolongued absence. While battling the heatwaves, I&#8217;ve been deep in editing. Some of you might remember a short story of [&hellip;]			]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">0bef13ed3d5954aa72fe529e88d22520</guid>
				<title>Kate posted a new activity comment</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/activity/p/26006/#acomment-26010</link>
				<pubDate>Tue, 15 Sep 2026 11:27:35 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>It&#8217;s great that you&#8217;ve managed to blow off the dust and recycle an old manuscript. I hope it&#8217;s well received.</p>
				<strong>In reply to</strong> -
				<a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/members/johnt3/" rel="nofollow ugc">John T</a> posted an update Hello all. I hope you&#8217;ve all survived the summer heat. Sorry for the prolongued absence. While battling the heatwaves, I&#8217;ve been deep in editing. Some of you might remember a short story of [&hellip;]			]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">cc85c9ee8adf69564706ac9021509fd4</guid>
				<title>John T posted an update: Hello all. I hope you&#039;ve all survived the summer heat. Sorry [&#133;]</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/activity/p/26006/</link>
				<pubDate>Wed, 09 Sep 2026 13:40:57 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Hello all. I hope you&#8217;ve all survived the summer heat. Sorry for the prolongued absence. While battling the heatwaves, I&#8217;ve been deep in editing. Some of you might remember a short story of mine called One Kiss, back in WordCloud days. Well, it became a novel called A Policy on Kissing that was longlisted for the Bath Novel Award in 2016, but&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-26006"><a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/activity/p/26006/" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>2</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">593b204ad77d3321d0ff2dde07c77caa</guid>
				<title>Sandra replied to the topic Monthly Comp - September 2026 in the forum Monthly Competition</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-comp-september-2026/#post-17948</link>
				<pubDate>Thu, 03 Sep 2026 08:49:28 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><strong>Episode from  long-running tale ‘The Blacksmith’s wife’</strong></p>
<p><strong> </strong></p>
<p>Kick a corpse to life and you’ll inevitably disturb carrion.</p>
<p>Tao knew this but only recalled it on attempting to leave his inn-room. The body that had earlier impeded his exit messenger for the man whose name Tao had evoked in hope of boosting his financial standing, believing those who&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-25995"><a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-comp-september-2026/#post-17948" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">80525dd8ca2fb538080e82cd43264509</guid>
				<title>Athelstone replied to the topic Monthly Competition August 2026 in the forum Monthly Competition</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-competition-august-2026/#post-17943</link>
				<pubDate>Wed, 02 Sep 2026 06:58:46 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>The original idea came from Harry Bingham on the WordCloud, who presented a bottle of something similar to Champagne as a prize each month. When it began to fall apart it was taken up by Wrathnar the Unreasonable (sans Champagne) and then by the winner of the competition each month.</p>
<p>It was adopted by the Den when the Cloud finally closed</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">92b7b001339d1ef1ca0d8570e5f7f229</guid>
				<title>Athelstone started the topic The 2027 Margery Allingham Short Mystery Competition in the forum Competitions, Open calls and Writing Opportunities</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/the-2027-margery-allingham-short-mystery-competition/</link>
				<pubDate>Wed, 02 Sep 2026 06:53:14 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><span>The 2027 Margery Allingham Short Mystery Competition is Now Open!</span></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p><a href="https://australis.eocampaign1.com/web-version?ep=2&#038;lc=f8781b16-01c8-11f1-82c9-6dbe39b3a791&#038;p=73063d3a-a20b-11f1-8471-0d8778dd4b7d&#038;pt=campaign&#038;t=1788260504&#038;s=2e7939182f1b0d843e4b788f91b732e3d93a4739fffcb3526c7f265bf8507035" rel="nofollow ugc">https://australis.eocampaign1.com/web-version?ep=2&#038;lc=f8781b16-01c8-11f1-82c9-6dbe39b3a791&#038;p=73063d3a-a20b-11f1-8471-0d8778dd4b7d&#038;pt=campaign&#038;t=1788260504&#038;s=2e7939182f1b0d843e4b788f91b732e3d93a4739fffcb3526c7f265bf8507035</a></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">88097762fbab344ee787aba0014eccc0</guid>
				<title>Athelstone replied to the topic Monthly Competition August 2026 in the forum Monthly Competition</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-competition-august-2026/#post-17940</link>
				<pubDate>Tue, 01 Sep 2026 17:38:41 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Great monthly comp, Libby. And a well-deserved win for Seagreen.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">1eec4e3d5b8523f5cd294ad1eb59017a</guid>
				<title>Sandra replied to the topic Monthly Competition August 2026 in the forum Monthly Competition</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-competition-august-2026/#post-17934</link>
				<pubDate>Tue, 01 Sep 2026 15:20:44 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Thanks Libby for the prompt and your kind words. Only as I finished writing my entry did I recall the only holiday spent with my parents was in 1973 , after chld#3 born. It was NOT a success (and Dovercourt still feels like home)</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">edab5d7ac7ca85c6b1c59d8945a060f9</guid>
				<title>Athelstone replied to the topic Monthly Competition August 2026 in the forum Monthly Competition</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-competition-august-2026/#post-17930</link>
				<pubDate>Mon, 31 Aug 2026 15:39:05 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><strong>John on holiday</strong></p>
<p>John.</p>
<p>This is the strangest holiday ever. Chris should have been here. She even did all the bookings for us, and now I have to explain to everybody why it’s only me. The weather is perfect. Not too hot, not too cold. She’d have loved it—walking along the coast, looking down on the seabird colonies. Salt, warm seaweed on the narro&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-25978"><a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-competition-august-2026/#post-17930" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">dc534b0c9115c0eb5ebef95a7f7b41c9</guid>
				<title>Daedalus replied to the topic Vaulting Ambition: the BRM V16 in the forum Blogs</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/vaulting-ambition-the-brm-v16/#post-17922</link>
				<pubDate>Sun, 23 Aug 2026 12:22:11 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Great blog as usual Richard. It’s a fascinating story. One of those that has so much promise of what might have been, yet also so typical of the often shambolic British way of going about things that one feels it could only ever have ended up this way. Look at the contemporary British aviation industry &#8211; much brilliance and yet so much avoidable c&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-25970"><a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/vaulting-ambition-the-brm-v16/#post-17922" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">4bdd2c6a76dd82ec641d770cd476be0c</guid>
				<title>Sandra replied to the topic Monthly Competition August 2026 in the forum Monthly Competition</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-competition-august-2026/#post-17912</link>
				<pubDate>Mon, 17 Aug 2026 09:07:03 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><strong>Orientation</strong></p>
<p>In July 1953 we  &#8211; Dad, mum. brother and me, left  our  now-echoing  and curtainless home on the edge of Dovercourt Bay – an Essex seaside town dominated by a pair of cast iron  lighthouses whose clean, and well-protected sands were sectioned by sea-slimy black wooden groynes within which squatted large black crabs. There was  also a&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-25958"><a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-competition-august-2026/#post-17912" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">c654c4075b7d34a61cad132ea24253bc</guid>
				<title>Athelstone replied to the topic A bit &#034;poorly&#034; in the forum Blogs</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/a-bit-poorly/#post-17905</link>
				<pubDate>Thu, 13 Aug 2026 08:45:13 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Jill, the Den&#8217;s Activity Page posts extracts changes (replies, new topics etc) from the public sections of the Den. You replied directly to the Activity Page version of this thread &#8211; you can check by selecting &#8220;Activity&#8221; from the menu at the top of all the Den&#8217;s pages. It&#8217;s all still there, although you&#8217;ll need to scroll a *long* way as my&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-25951"><a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/a-bit-poorly/#post-17905" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">b8972efb776d5ecf6d497f1be2e7a3f4</guid>
				<title>Athelstone posted a new activity comment</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/activity/p/25730/#acomment-25949</link>
				<pubDate>Wed, 12 Aug 2026 15:18:05 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Improving slowly. Not steadily, but mainly in the right direction.  I finally had a chat with my GP where he was a little less vague. He told me that it isn&#8217;t something GPs see every day, but in his experience the recovery period after discharge is between 6 months and a year. With some older patients, and depending on the severity of the septic&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-25949"><a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/activity/p/25730/#acomment-25949" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
				<strong>In reply to</strong> -
				<a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/members/athelstone/" rel="nofollow ugc">Athelstone</a> replied to the topic <a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/a-bit-poorly/" rel="nofollow ugc">A bit &quot;poorly&quot;</a> in the forum <a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/forum/den-of-writers/blogs/" rel="nofollow ugc">Blogs</a> Thanks for all the kind wishes. Please don&#8217;t think me rude that I haven&#8217;t responded individually. I still find messaging quite an effort. Your words [&hellip;]			]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">0ca9db9b7812cbda56d23edd00d5ed5b</guid>
				<title>Sandra replied to the topic Monthly competition July 2026 in the forum Monthly Competition</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-competition-july-2026/#post-17883</link>
				<pubDate>Sat, 01 Aug 2026 20:37:21 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Thank TOY Ath foc comp and commentryand well done to all of us for so vividly  evoking childhoods now past, I  particularly enjoyed Ath&#8217;s reference to radio &#8211; ours was a brown 18&#8243;B Bakelite cube which was only allowed into our bedrooms when we were sick (and often. it seemed. Luxembourg sicker. Looking forward to Libby&#8217;s comp for August.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">0225c1471bc159625f159479c29a3504</guid>
				<title>Athelstone replied to the topic Monthly competition July 2026 in the forum Monthly Competition</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-competition-july-2026/#post-17882</link>
				<pubDate>Sat, 01 Aug 2026 19:57:40 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Jill&#8217;s entry grabbed my attention straight away, because although my own childhood was a few years later, so much was the same. And yes, all the shops shut. In fact, almost everything shut on a Sunday apart from Church and Sunday School. &#8220;Hear the pennies dropping&#8221; for those who remember it. So much centered on the home back then. A wonderful&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-25924"><a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-competition-july-2026/#post-17882" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">52dfceb159cd28f986855b6a9dfc46b3</guid>
				<title>Sandra replied to the topic Monthly competition July 2026 in the forum Monthly Competition</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-competition-july-2026/#post-17880</link>
				<pubDate>Sat, 01 Aug 2026 04:57:10 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Don&#8217;t mind at all; hope fulfilling demands not too onerous.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">5622a8c0a7900954ea0493bfd082b8f5</guid>
				<title>Athelstone replied to the topic Monthly competition July 2026 in the forum Monthly Competition</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-competition-july-2026/#post-17879</link>
				<pubDate>Fri, 31 Jul 2026 22:20:00 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>A brace of fabulous entries this month. Real life has struck at an awkward moment with silly demands on time. I hope you won&#8217;t mind too much If I pinch a day from the next comp. and post the results tomorrow evening. So sorry about that.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">49676c5073b85137829cd04d7ce8ac0d</guid>
				<title>Athelstone posted a new activity comment</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/activity/p/25900/#acomment-25912</link>
				<pubDate>Wed, 22 Jul 2026 08:56:54 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Writing is extremely enabling, as you say. And that&#8217;s especially so these days when there&#8217;s far more truth in a work of fiction than in the news we read or listen to.</p>
				<strong>In reply to</strong> -
				<a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/members/jillsted/" rel="nofollow ugc">Jill</a> posted an update What is new is that it has been a reflective week in which writing has played an important role in working through various issues &#8211; not least two recent hospitalisations in the family!  Also, [&hellip;]			]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">ba5f85e318673a444bbc40431a878992</guid>
				<title>Sandra replied to the topic Monthly competition July 2026 in the forum Monthly Competition</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-competition-july-2026/#post-17871</link>
				<pubDate>Wed, 22 Jul 2026 08:56:34 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><strong>There’s a word for it!</strong></p>
<p>The much faded five inch Quality Street tin I inherited from my mother is near-filled with  buttons, their variety in part due to them having been donated by my aunt Muriel, who was a dressmaker and her mother Dora who was a tailoress. Needless to say, had there been such, I would’ve won ‘best-dressed child’ many a time had&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-25911"><a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-competition-july-2026/#post-17871" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">bdecfca45d92ed565031ec077e307fa9</guid>
				<title>Athelstone posted an update: Perilously close to the end of July for anybody wanting to [&#133;]</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/activity/p/25910/</link>
				<pubDate>Wed, 22 Jul 2026 08:50:03 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Perilously close to the end of July for anybody wanting to enter the monthly competition. The prize this month is the unending adulation of your sister/fellow competitors. Just 400 words could see you enjoying all that. Do you remember the bell ringing on a platform to signal an approaching train, discussing whether careless words could cost&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-25910"><a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/activity/p/25910/" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>1</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">fb89363b01ade5bb4247ee77c655e2b0</guid>
				<title>Athelstone replied to the topic Monthly competition July 2026 in the forum Monthly Competition</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-competition-july-2026/#post-17860</link>
				<pubDate>Tue, 14 Jul 2026 15:43:52 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Dear All,</p>
<p>Please note that this doesn&#8217;t have to be about an object. From the theme up there (points up) &#8220;<strong>an object, or an event, or a saying, or anything at all really that you remember as commonplace when you were young&#8221;</strong></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">6d62c0d7c63bfc0eab06205a8110324b</guid>
				<title>Kate posted a new activity comment</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/activity/p/25893/#acomment-25897</link>
				<pubDate>Tue, 14 Jul 2026 10:56:53 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Congratulations, Libby.</p>
				<strong>In reply to</strong> -
				<a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/members/libby/" rel="nofollow ugc">Libby</a> started the topic <a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/flash-fiction-published/" rel="nofollow ugc">Flash fiction published</a> in the forum <a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/forum/den-of-writers/podium/" rel="nofollow ugc">Podium</a> It&#8217;s been a good month for publications by Denizens: Janette&#8217;s lovely, satisfyng novel The Indiculous Grace Dunn; Kate&#8217;s latest in her delightful [&hellip;]			]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">4ed6a378d1486fae8c980585bc92e47a</guid>
				<title>Sandra replied to the topic Monthly competition July 2026 in the forum Monthly Competition</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-competition-july-2026/#post-17852</link>
				<pubDate>Wed, 08 Jul 2026 05:45:55 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Well done, Jill &#8211; the only inspiration I&#8217;d had so far, came from my mother&#8217;s mincer (of which I&#8217;ve a 1960&#8217;s version in a cupboard. Back to the drawing board for me  🙂</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">8469b3522bafe9c95691cb433497e922</guid>
				<title>Kate posted an update: Woohoo. Today is release day for book 3 in my Pix and Gabe [&#133;]</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/activity/p/25887/</link>
				<pubDate>Tue, 07 Jul 2026 14:10:47 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Woohoo. Today is release day for book 3 in my Pix and Gabe Adventure series &#8211; The Book Trap. The characters would never have seen the light of day without Athelstone&#8217;s winter writing challenge, where they emerged in a short story. Some of you have been kind enough to support earlier books, so if anyone is interested, here&#8217;s a link. &#x1f600;&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-25887"><a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/activity/p/25887/" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">fd6e7f252a32863a37881852ca1d4e68</guid>
				<title>Athelstone replied to the topic Monthly competition July 2026 in the forum Monthly Competition</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-competition-july-2026/#post-17834</link>
				<pubDate>Thu, 02 Jul 2026 09:46:16 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Thank you, Jill. I forgot to set a word limit, so I take your entry as &#8220;the bar&#8221; and set it now at 400 words.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">e695c7a217187e9618b494f9e2af7b05</guid>
				<title>Athelstone started the topic Monthly competition July 2026 in the forum Monthly Competition</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-competition-july-2026/</link>
				<pubDate>Wed, 01 Jul 2026 09:25:36 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>When televisions had rooftop aerials shaped like an &#8220;H&#8221;, showed black and white, had only two channels, and one more turn of the knob found The Home Service and maybe The Light Programme, they often came with a slim metal rod perhaps 8 or 9 inches long. This could be slotted into holes on the back of the set labelled Horizontal Hold and Vertical&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-25869"><a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-competition-july-2026/" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">bf60da475e599c07e00519b60994e00b</guid>
				<title>Athelstone replied to the topic Monthly competition June 2026 in the forum Monthly Competition</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-competition-june-2026/#post-17830</link>
				<pubDate>Wed, 01 Jul 2026 08:28:22 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Incidentally, I wanted to call the girl Aelfwin but I had trouble getting the A and e to combine into a proper &#8220;ash&#8221; at the start of the name. Then it occurred to me that a drunk Teabreak would be unlikely to remember that anyway, hence &#8220;Alwin, or something like that.&#8221; I think Alwin is still sometimes used as a female name, but I could probably&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-25867"><a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-competition-june-2026/#post-17830" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">e24ac72f14e7016325e9ea20aa497992</guid>
				<title>Sandra replied to the topic Monthly competition June 2026 in the forum Monthly Competition</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-competition-june-2026/#post-17828</link>
				<pubDate>Wed, 01 Jul 2026 07:00:34 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Hooray!! Well done Ath for your last minute, colourful Teabreak entry thus rescuing me from having to devise July&#8217;s competition  and thank you Jill. for your kind words re &#8216;Snap is not a Children&#8217;s Game&#8217;, adding impetus to my getting on with it.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">9beff87bee6474b857a99e46d89df1ee</guid>
				<title>Athelstone replied to the topic Monthly competition June 2026 in the forum Monthly Competition</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-competition-june-2026/#post-17826</link>
				<pubDate>Wed, 01 Jul 2026 06:54:56 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>I confess I feel slightly guilty. I read Sandra&#8217;s entry and thought it was splendid. Then I sneak in at the end and&#8230;</p>
<p>Anyway, thank you for the prompt, Jill. The solstice was my 70th and I went from not thinking I&#8217;d make it, to writing a little story about it so that&#8217;s something.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">04ea3871e188c5ed30e00bf050b05af4</guid>
				<title>Athelstone replied to the topic Monthly competition June 2026 in the forum Monthly Competition</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-competition-june-2026/#post-17822</link>
				<pubDate>Tue, 30 Jun 2026 17:31:31 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><strong>Stonehenge</strong></p>
<p>The moon has departed leaving an impenetrable night with a cold mist gently rising across the still fields around Amesbury. In the hedgerows around one expanse of grass, sparrows packed close are beginning to shift in their sleep. To the east of this field a steady gaze would be rewarded with the slightest bloom of purple in a world&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-25859"><a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-competition-june-2026/#post-17822" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">ca1801fffd03975b3fa1d66ce29c85ea</guid>
				<title>Sandra replied to the topic Monthly competition June 2026 in the forum Monthly Competition</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-competition-june-2026/#post-17788</link>
				<pubDate>Wed, 03 Jun 2026 05:59:01 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>&lt;h3&gt;Prior to the magic going black&lt;/h3&gt;<br />
&lt;h3&gt;<strong><em>June 23rd, Caithness</em></strong>&lt;/h3&gt;<br />
&nbsp;</p>
<p>Pre-dawn on a midsummer morning, Tait Duncan, drove  south-east along an A1 empty of all but Highlands-bound supermarket wagons, conscience similarly uncluttered by the lie he’d last night told his wife as to the reason for his early morning departure. (In what had become th&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-25825"><a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-competition-june-2026/#post-17788" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">fe5f627bd939c7f88f170fd5163431ea</guid>
				<title>Kate posted a new activity comment</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/activity/p/25801/#acomment-25820</link>
				<pubDate>Tue, 02 Jun 2026 12:27:53 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Congratulations. Fabulous news.</p>
				<strong>In reply to</strong> -
				<a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/members/janette/" rel="nofollow ugc">Janette</a> posted an update I have news!
After much waiting, then swearing quite a lot at screens,  The Indiculous Grace Dunn is now available in paperback format from The Great British Bookshop (online) priced [&hellip;]			]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">d56699581e77298754148dd87f34c4b2</guid>
				<title>Athelstone replied to the topic Monthly competition May 2026 in the forum Monthly Competition</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-competition-may-2026/#post-17779</link>
				<pubDate>Sun, 31 May 2026 12:05:12 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Well done Jill. A bittersweet story, beautifully told. And well done the rest of us!</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">c39302c6c7a36582b2bea4ef6b67a712</guid>
				<title>Sandra replied to the topic Monthly competition May 2026 in the forum Monthly Competition</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-competition-may-2026/#post-17775</link>
				<pubDate>Sun, 31 May 2026 04:02:21 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>A fascinating quartet of music-generated memories resulting in stories that couldn’t help but provide  their own soundtracks.  Ath’s tale fully matched  the discordant challenging streetwise vibes  of the music chosen. Libby’s rich  musical pot-pourri connected brilliantly with the warmth of disparate family interactions. Terrie’s combining ne&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-25810"><a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-competition-may-2026/#post-17775" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">1ae03be6b8a0c2d1c8dd1878d1228623</guid>
				<title>Sandra replied to the topic Monthly competition May 2026 in the forum Monthly Competition</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-competition-may-2026/#post-17772</link>
				<pubDate>Thu, 28 May 2026 18:38:19 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>MONTHLY COMP ALERT &#8211; I was hoping for earworms, from songs I remember but despite two excellent entries,  I feel a little disappointed so more Top Ten memories by Sunday night would be much appreciated.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">7d25161684d8385d4eb165aac97d8bf6</guid>
				<title>Athelstone replied to the topic A bit &#034;poorly&#034; in the forum Blogs</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/a-bit-poorly/#post-17771</link>
				<pubDate>Wed, 27 May 2026 19:11:31 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Thanks, Kate. I&#8217;m trying hard to get better.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">42e3710b5fedd4f13d842f74bb0dd7a1</guid>
				<title>Kate replied to the topic A bit &#034;poorly&#034; in the forum Blogs</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/a-bit-poorly/#post-17764</link>
				<pubDate>Tue, 26 May 2026 16:13:24 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>I managed to miss this post- Ath. I&#8217;m so pleased you are feeling better and hope you can get the rest of the problems sorted. It sounds like a terrifying ordeal, but your story telling still managed to bring the occasional smile. Keep getting better!</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">ec665ed41dfacdda021a2449d37587a2</guid>
				<title>Athelstone replied to the topic The Sheep Detectives film/Three Bags Full novel in the forum Coffee Shop</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/the-sheep-detectives-film-three-bags-full-novel/#post-17754</link>
				<pubDate>Wed, 20 May 2026 13:05:15 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>I&#8217;m not a huge fan of cosy crime, and I think that the television series of TTMC is rather better than the books, although only because the acting is good. However, there are many variations within that genre and I wouldn&#8217;t dismiss everything. The same goes for anthropomorphised animal stories. For instance, Charlotte&#8217;s Web and Animal Farm spring&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-25787"><a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/the-sheep-detectives-film-three-bags-full-novel/#post-17754" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">769755d1e3335b936ffaa163d5cbafee</guid>
				<title>Sandra posted a new activity comment</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/activity/p/25772/#acomment-25776</link>
				<pubDate>Fri, 15 May 2026 08:01:35 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Fingers crossed the bacteria can be eradicated and its evil effects brought to an end.  Foraging sounds a goodway to recuperate.</p>
				<strong>In reply to</strong> -
				<a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/members/thea/" rel="nofollow ugc">Thea</a> replied to the topic <a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/a-bit-poorly/" rel="nofollow ugc">A bit &quot;poorly&quot;</a> in the forum <a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/forum/den-of-writers/blogs/" rel="nofollow ugc">Blogs</a> This is such good news, Ath! The relief must be a huge weight off your shoulders and hopefully that has boosted your energy levels. The iron tablets [&hellip;]			]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">0240de577d5df0c91c907fae4020f892</guid>
				<title>Athelstone replied to the topic A bit &#034;poorly&#034; in the forum Blogs</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/a-bit-poorly/#post-17741</link>
				<pubDate>Thu, 14 May 2026 07:37:55 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>On a small scale, my daughter gave me a voucher for a foraging/cooking day for 2, for my birthday last year, and I&#8217;d just booked a day in March when I got ill. When the company heard I was in hospital, they gave me a six month extension on the voucher for free, so that I could book when I was completely recovered. I thought that was really&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-25773"><a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/a-bit-poorly/#post-17741" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">65486b15fc4aa0538cf8a9b0e66c07bb</guid>
				<title>Athelstone replied to the topic A bit &#034;poorly&#034; in the forum Blogs</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/a-bit-poorly/#post-17732</link>
				<pubDate>Tue, 12 May 2026 13:16:00 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Hi Libby, a very big relief. And thank you. I had another read through my discharge notes. I don&#8217;t think they&#8217;d seen somebody so ill with such a mixed bag of symptoms before (who hadn&#8217;t been in an accident). They took advice from the teams at Guildford, Reading, and Kings. There was a consensus to deal with the immediate emergency which was the&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-25767"><a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/a-bit-poorly/#post-17732" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">86c38a0ec2344ad1f956a5a3e21b3545</guid>
				<title>Athelstone replied to the topic A bit &#034;poorly&#034; in the forum Blogs</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/a-bit-poorly/#post-17729</link>
				<pubDate>Tue, 12 May 2026 13:05:14 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Thanks Jill. Yes, it is a big relief.</p>
<p>I&#8217;ve been on blood thinners (apixaban) since I was admitted to hospital. My problem is that the hospital doctors didn&#8217;t share any plan for dealing with the existing clots which have blocked two major veins to the liver. I strongly suspect that they were anticipating a worse outcome from the endoscopy and&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-25764"><a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/a-bit-poorly/#post-17729" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">045af251297c5b0e19a09a0b0f1f03db</guid>
				<title>Athelstone replied to the topic A bit &#034;poorly&#034; in the forum Blogs</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/a-bit-poorly/#post-17725</link>
				<pubDate>Mon, 11 May 2026 14:43:49 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>I hope that this is a footnote, although I forsee a few more tests from my GP.</p>
<p>Today I had the endoscopy which I believe some of the doctors in my hospital thought would show cancer. the symptoms were all lined up. There was even consistent evidence from CAT scans and other X-rays. To be fair to them, they never said that, though they always&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-25759"><a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/a-bit-poorly/#post-17725" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>1</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">3b20cf669dd62906bc429821c4b3f787</guid>
				<title>Athelstone replied to the topic Monthly competition May 2026 in the forum Monthly Competition</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-competition-may-2026/#post-17723</link>
				<pubDate>Fri, 08 May 2026 11:37:59 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Caution: Stuart&#8217;s language isn&#8217;t for polite company. The anniversary was my 18th birthday, June 21 1974.</p>
<p><strong>Stuart&#8217;s story</strong></p>
<p>People call me Plug ‘cos they reckon I look like Plug from the Bash Street Kids I ain’t never seen him, so I don’t know. Stuart’s my real name, and I just done three months in nick for something I ain’t done. Possessio&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-25757"><a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/monthly-competition-may-2026/#post-17723" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">cd5df953db9c0b6c57ace961d10bd6ef</guid>
				<title>AlanP replied to the topic A bit &#034;poorly&#034; in the forum Blogs</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/a-bit-poorly/#post-17720</link>
				<pubDate>Wed, 06 May 2026 10:46:00 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>A bit of a close call. I hope the recovery continues steadily. It&#8217;s a bugger this getting old, that&#8217;s when we mostly get these brushes with danger.</p>
<p>Anyway, I just thought I hadn&#8217;t been here for a while and I should look in. This was up front.  Take it steady and get well.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">3cfa11a439dabb3f68a496fbe05522b9</guid>
				<title>Bella replied to the topic A bit &#034;poorly&#034; in the forum Blogs</title>
				<link>https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/a-bit-poorly/#post-17715</link>
				<pubDate>Mon, 04 May 2026 15:28:22 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Bloody Norah! (Sorry, Norah.) I have also just happened upon this. How ghastly and scary. Some aspects are all too familiar to me after a 2 week stint in hospital with evil pneumonia a couple of years ago. It&#8217;s surprising what a state we can innocently get into with no idea we are quite so ill until suddenly the ambulance has to be called. I&#8217;m&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-25747"><a href="https://www.denofwriters.com/forums/topic/a-bit-poorly/#post-17715" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
		
	</channel>
</rss>