@sandradavies
Active 5 hours, 48 minutes ago-
Seagreen joined the group
Songs of Innocence and Experience 7 years, 1 month ago -
Janette joined the group
Songs of Innocence and Experience 7 years, 1 month ago -
-
Bella joined the group
Songs of Innocence and Experience 7 years, 1 month ago -
Jules joined the group
Songs of Innocence and Experience 7 years, 1 month ago -
Daedalus joined the group
Songs of Innocence and Experience 7 years, 1 month ago -
John S Alty joined the group
Songs of Innocence and Experience 7 years, 1 month ago -
Kate joined the group
Songs of Innocence and Experience 7 years, 1 month ago -
JaneShuff joined the group
Songs of Innocence and Experience 7 years, 1 month ago -
Athelstone posted an update 7 years, 1 month ago
Songs of Innocence and Experience
OK. New Short Story Challenge. SEE THE NEW GROUP FOR DETAILS.
As Joey Ramone once remarked, “Hey Ho Let’s Go”
-
Janette replied to the topic Monthly comp – August in the forum Monthly Competition 7 years, 1 month ago
The cell was as dark as it was damp, and it would reek all the worse but for the bitter cold. There were others in here, though Robin could not count them, in his head or by his fingers, which he could not see when placed in front of his face. The brief light that had the poor wretches holding their hands to theirs, told him there had to be ten or…[Read more]
-
JaneShuff replied to the topic Monthly comp – August in the forum Monthly Competition 7 years, 1 month ago
I am still working too. I need the constant (but lovely) stream of guests we’ve had this month to finish so I have a bit more time.
-
Athelstone posted an update 7 years, 1 month ago
My head says NO, but against this better judgement I have decided to run another winter short story challenge. Autumn seems to have arrived early in this corner of Europe with cold wind and rain, alternating with fickle sunshine. Even Eratigena atrica has begun its amorous invasion of my home a few weeks ahead of schedule, so to take my mind off…[Read more]
-
Fab, Ath. These are always so inspiring. 🙂
-
Brilliant, Ath. I was just about to message you and ask if you were running a winter comp this year 😁
-
Hooray!!! Good on you Ath. And a kick up the bum to me to clear the decks of some current stuff.
Three cheers, I say.-
Is that the time already? I still haven’t finished the last one.
-
Didn’t manage the last one. Must try harder. Good for you, Ath.
-
Great news and thanks Ath
-
-
-
-
Fabulous news – love the name. All sorts of possibilities springing to mind there… Thanks, Ath x
-
I promise to try harder for this one. The last lies somewhere among other penned ideas, in one of my jotters.
-
-
This is great but good Lord where has this year gone?
-
I ate it
-
Can I offer you a blackberry tart instead? I need some of the year that’s left
-
Make it crumble. With custard
-
Can I have a bit of both, please? Oh, and yes, custard definitely.
-
-
-
-
-
Kate replied to the topic Monthly comp – August in the forum Monthly Competition 7 years, 1 month ago
All entries gratefully received, Sandra. I’ll look forward to reading. 12 days left to the end of the month, if anyone else is interested in taking part.
-
Daedalus replied to the topic Mobile phones in the forum The Writers' Lifeboat 7 years, 1 month ago
Brilliant. Love that
-
Philippa East replied to the topic Mobile phones in the forum The Writers' Lifeboat 7 years, 1 month ago
Yeah, works. Nice one! Love the sound of the story and the dynamic between these characters x
-
Daedalus replied to the topic Mobile phones in the forum The Writers' Lifeboat 7 years, 1 month ago
…PS am certainly intrigued by the story’s ending now anyway
-
Daedalus replied to the topic Mobile phones in the forum The Writers' Lifeboat 7 years, 1 month ago
Ref Tony’s previous comment, if a call can’t connect to a mobile it doesn’t always go to voicemail. Plenty of times I’ve called a number and instead of an answer or voicemail, heard something to the effect of ‘the number cannot be reached’ (can’t remember exact wording).
In any case, I think if the caller was worried and desperate to get hold o…[Read more]
-
Athelstone posted an update 7 years, 1 month ago
Just sailing out of Cherbourg. Bit sad really. Probably last visit as an EU citizen. For a while anyway.
-
KazG replied to the topic Mobile phones in the forum The Writers' Lifeboat 7 years, 1 month ago
That’s exactly the sort of detail-conundrum that gets my knickers in a twist, too! I agree with @philippaeast on this. I’m hearing a mobile that rings and rings, cuts out and then almost immediately rings and rings, cuts out, etc etc. Without knowing exactly what that signifies in your story I think it has the same level of hopeful/hopeless effort…[Read more]
- Load More
