Den monthly competition September 2018

About Forums Den of Writers Competitions, Open calls and Writing Opportunities Den monthly competition September 2018

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Squidge
    Participant

Well done, Sea! And thanks for setting us off on a monthly comp journey again here in the Den, Daeds.

Seagreen
    Participant

Ah, Daeds, you’re too generous. I didn’t expect that, and have, in fact, been checking the Den frequently today to find out what the theme for this month’s comp would be 🙂

I’m delighted, of course, given the calibre of the entries, but hope no-one expects that same level of insight when it comes to October’s judging.

Off to think of something to set…

Jules
    Participant

Well done, Sea 🙂 A very well deserved win. And thanks Daed for getting the ball rolling. Great monthly comp.

Tony Lyttle
    Participant

Congratulations, Seagreen, on a worthy winning entry.

Jonathan
    Participant

Congrats to Seagreen – very well done! And thank you Daeds for running and also for the feedback. Very helpful – so thank you again 🙂

John S Alty
    Participant

Well done Seagreen, fully deserved.
    Thanks, Daeds. Yes, I was in SA for the election. What do you mean by “on the nose”?

Daedalus
    Participant

Thanks John. Mostly I meant that you make us feel what it was like so well, the few places where you just tell us something directly stood out – e.g. ‘but the loss of his attendance bonus would have been intolerable’ – I would have preferred a sense of what intolerable meant to them. But it’s a seriously picky point for such a short word count and it’s a lovely bit of writing however you look at it

John S Alty
    Participant

Thanks, Daeds, a valid point and I appreciate the input.

Alan Rain
    Participant

Thanks @Daedalus for the generous words, and well-done @Seagreen.

Bren
    Participant

A super piece of writing. Gave me goose bumps. Well done Seagreen.

Athelstone

Great writing Seagreen. I thought it was a winner as soon as I read it. Super competition Daeds and what a great effort with all the feedback!

Raine
    Participant

Forgot to check in on this – A totally deserved win, @seagreen! 🙂

Seagreen
    Participant

Thanks, all. And I hope some of you will try your hand at October’s.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.