Den of Writers – Forum Feedback part 2

About Forums Den of Writers Admin and Technical Den of Writers – Forum Feedback part 2

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    admin
    Keymaster

Ok, so this thread is to continue the forum feedback thread. As I mentioned on the original thread, I’ve closed it to try and keep things logical in terms of finding information in the future. It’s still there and you can check through it if you want (closing it has greyed it out on the screen but it’s still a clickable link – you just won’t be able to post a comment there.) It’s here if you want a short cut.

We’ve had some good feedback so far and we are working away behind the scenes to keep things running, give you extended user profiles and fulfil other requests. Please post any further comments on forum feedback to this thread.

Many thanks šŸ™‚

JaneShuff
    Participant

Is it possible to have links to blogs somewhere as we did on the Cloud? Like Emma Dā€™s and Squidge?

Squidge
    Participant

I raised the same question earlier – Jules suggested putting it into the blogs like we used to, but do you mean the list of blogs we used to have on the side? It’d be lovely to have that, but I’d feel a bit funny about the Scribbles being quite so visible, because my blog certainly isn’t always about writing…

We’d also have to have some way of deciding which blogs are ‘up there’ – would it seem as though we’re endorsing a particular blog?

Must admit there are a few I’ve found useful – like Terrible Minds…

JaneShuff
    Participant

I liked the list of blogs we used to have at the side. Mainly because it told me when there was a new blog from people I read. I also think the blogs are a very useful resource. But I can see it’s yet another job for someone and I’ve just discovered the blogs section of the Forum now!. Maybe I’ll just post in that each time there’s something I think is worth reading. And hope other people do the same. What is Terrible Minds btw?

Jules
    Participant

I can look at a plugin to display certain blog rss feeds on the sidebar if you like?

Failing that there’s a lot of writing blogs I’ve found useful. I was going to post a list of them in the lifeboat šŸ™‚

JaneShuff
    Participant

Actually Jules, if you’re happy with people posting links to blogs they find useful as well as their own, like I just have, I’m fine with that rather than having a sidebar with a feed which someone will have to maintain. However a list of useful writing blogs in the lifeboat would be great.

JaneShuff
    Participant

Possibly do the same for books? There’s a few I’ve found enormously helpful or inspirational.

Jules
    Participant

Yes definitely fine for everyone to post lists of blogs and/or books they found useful. I guess we can see what we get and if it starts to get clunky we can amend it to create master lists.

Sandra
    Participant

Is there a way to add notifications for new posts in one’s group? I’ve missed ~3 says worth (Of course, it might be simpler for me to better train myself to regularly check, but just wondering)

Raine
    Participant

@sandradavies I’ve yet to conquer getting notifications for group updates, or for things I’ve ‘favourited’. The best way I’ve found for groups is from the main activity wall, then click on the My Groups tab. Can also filter to show updates only with the little drop down menu. I am slowly learning to flick between these views to make sure I’m not missing things.

RichardB
    Participant

I see the ‘Latest Topics’ sidebar is still absent. Is there any way of bringing it back? I posted a blog a few days ago to almost total apathy. Of, course it may be that it’s a load of boring drivel, but it was quickly followed by a flurry of posts that pushed it off the front page, and it may simply have slipped below everyone’s radar.

Jules
    Participant

I removed that sidebar because a glitch in the WP software meant that it was displaying posts from private groups publically, Richard. Apparently this has been an ongoing issue since 2013 and no one has yet found a workable repair to the code. Will have a proper look at it or at an alternative when I’ve got time next week. But that’s why it’s gone missing. šŸ™‚

(I don’t think your blog was drivel at all btw.)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.