Just a few days left for the Monthly Competition. Hurry, hurry, hurry!
Just a few days left for the Monthly Competition. Hurry, hurry, hurry!
powered by bulletin

Good news on the lyric writing front

About Forums Den of Writers Podium Good news on the lyric writing front

• This topic has 10 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by KazG.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    John S Alty
    Participant

John Schofield (my real name) has won the Lyrics Only category in the UK Songwriting Contest 2020 with his song “It’s Later Than You Think.”
    The UK Songwriting Contest directors and judges include top award-winning producers and songwriters who have worked closely with many of the world´s major artists. There were almost 10,000 song entries from 84 countries in the 2020 contest and we are pleased that John Schofield has achieved such an impressive and well-deserved result in this event and wish him every success in the future.
    UKSC Judge Susan Muranty said:
    “This is a beautiful piece of lyric writing – structurally flawless with a great title and a clarity of meaning and purpose that is just delightful to listen to and engage with. I love the fantastic gritty imagery in the detail of the “broken sink” and the powerful dramatic punch line of “it’s later than you think”. I can hear this worked up into an epic moody folk tune that really connects with its audience. The clear winner to me!”
    February 2021

Libby
    Participant

That’s brilliant, John! Huge congratulations. What an achievement – I’m really pleased.

JaneShuff
    Participant

Wow! Congratulations! Where can we read it?

Kate
    Participant

Wow, John. That’s amazing. Such a huge competition. You must be on cloud 9. Congratulations!

Seagreen
    Participant

Fabulous news, John! Congratulations 😀

Squidge
    Participant

Congratulations! Fab news!

Sandra
    Participant

Excellent lyrics – and a huge achievement given the number of entries. Well done.

Bella
    Participant

Fantastic! Well done.

Athelstone

That is amazing news. Well done, indeed!

Doug
    Participant

Congrats! Belated, but sincere. That is no small accomplishment.

KazG
    Participant

Wow, that’s fantastic! Sorry, I’ve just seen this, but congratulations – a fabulous achievement. ?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.