Good news this time – finally!

About Forums Den of Writers Podium Good news this time – finally!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Janette
    Participant

In the spirit of bringing cheer in these dark times, I can now tell you that after a very rapid response to my initial enquiry, a very nice agent from the Andrew Nurnberg agency has offered representation!

This is for the novel some know as Doris, now called Saving Grace, originating from Ath’s Winter comp 2017 – I reckon I owe you a drink, Ath!

Just goes to show you should never underestimate the power of a short story challenge.

Athelstone

Aaaaggghhhhhh!! Brilliant. And it’s everything to do with your own talent and efforts and what you deserve.

Janette
    Participant

Thank you, Ath.

JaneShuff
    Participant

That is so fantastic Janette!!

Kate
    Participant

Congratulations, Janette. Lovely news.

Jules
    Participant

Brilliant news, Janette. Congratulations ๐Ÿ˜Š

Seagreen
    Participant

You deserve this, J. You’ve worked so hard for it ๐Ÿ™‚

Elle
    Participant

Thatโ€™s brilliant, congratulations!!

John S Alty
    Participant

Well done, Janette, good luck with the book!

Sandra
    Participant

Excellent news!

KazG
    Participant

I can’t tell you how delighted I am to hear this, @janette! SO well deserved! I love that short story and look forward to reading the full length version. congratulations and crack out the bubbly (I’m sure you already have) xx

Janette
    Participant

Thank you for all your lovely comments. I was on the brink of giving up and am so-o glad I didn’t. There is a chance that I will be able to meet with my agent tomorrow, providing lock-down doesn’t happen first. I’ll keep you posted.

Bella
    Participant

Fantastic news. Good for you.

Mad Iguana
    Participant

Wowee Wowee Wowee @Janette! Well done you!! Absolutely amazing news.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by Mad Iguana.
    Janette
    Participant

Thank you, Bella and Mad x

Philippa East
    Participant

This is such brilliant news, Janette! I can wait to hear all about the book… and see it on the shelves in all its published glory! Xxx

Jill
    Participant

Congratulations, Janette – may the following journey prove equally successful. Jill

Janette
    Participant

It’s official, folks – hope you like the pen name! https://andrewnurnberg.com/book-author/ellen-richards/

Hilary
    Participant

Just caught up with this. What brilliant news, Janette. So very, very pleased for you. Congratulations! Well done. (News like this always gives me hope!!!) x

Libby
    Participant

Great news, Janette! So pleased for you.

Janette
    Participant

Thank you, everyone, for your support. It means a lot. @Hilary, please never give up. I’ve been told there couldn’t be a better time for pitching, what with so many events cancelled and agents working from home. And you deserve a break too.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.