NaNoWriMo

About Forums Den of Writers Coffee Shop NaNoWriMo

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    Daedalus
    Participant

I like Raine’s suggestion of December. It would allow those doing NaNo to keep up a bit of momentum while not having to keep to such a ferocious pace, and is soon enough that folk not doing NaNo have something to look forward to. And it could be a good way of getting Room With A View entries done

Squidge
    Participant

Mine would definitely be a slow write. I have no idea how I’m going to get any writing done at all between now and the New Year… Not even my Room with a view! πŸ™
    I’ll sign up though, and hope for the best…

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by Squidge.
    KazG
    Participant

I’m doing it. It nearly killed me last year and I’m still astonished that I actually completed it…but I found it really useful to just get the words on the page and not get hung up on plot details or side-tracked by research. Also the momentum led to some story surprises, in a good way. I’m using it to kick start book two so I’ll buddy up with anyone who’ll have me!

Ps I don’t think it matters what you write, or even if you don’t hit target – you’re still getting those words down…

KazG
    Participant

pps I’d also be up for SloMoWriMo πŸ™‚

Woolleybeans
    Participant

Totally up for SlowMo.

Jules
    Participant

Also up for SloMo. Sounds fun ?

Athelstone

Kaz – what’s your name on NaNoWriMo? I’m Athelstone.

Squidge
    Participant

SloMo. Love it. Matches me perfectly.

(Although I did manage a couple of hours yesterday on the WIP – nothing new added, but dialogue’s snappier!)

Raine
    Participant

So SloMoNoWriMo (!!) looks a go-er! Perhaps a group (no need to be private, I’d have thought) where we can each post our daily intentions/plans/progress, so we can mutually cheer each other on (in slow motion). Whether the plan be just some words, or edit a chapter, or plan a short, or whatever. Or even have a break day (yay for break days filled with tea), go for a walk, etc.

After NaNo, I think I’ll need a SloMo, and the odd hug!

Philippa East
    Participant

Love the sound of that, @raine, including setting up a group.

RichardB
    Participant

SloMo – definitely sounds like my kind of thing. I’d be up for it. Might encourage me to get a bit more editing done on the notorious ghost story.

Jonathan
    Participant

I could SloMo.

Seagreen
    Participant

Ace! Our very own SloMoWriMo. Looking forward to it πŸ™‚

Raine
    Participant

Hows the planning going, NaNo Denizens?? I have a title. That’s good, right?

Athelstone

That’s the most important bit done.

Daedalus
    Participant

Ah, yes. Planning. It’s going…um…

JaneShuff
    Participant

Still missing three quarters of the story….

Athelstone

Well, I’m feeling a tad more apprehensive than in previous years. There’s a certain investment in succeeding this time – for me. Well, succeeding in writing the requisite number of words anyway. My record is one complete children’s story, one block of 50K words that I eventually deleted, two failures.

Jules
    Participant

I’m pretty sure I’ll get the words down. But right now I have only the vaguest plan and I can’t think of even a working title.

KazG
    Participant

I have a title. And a reeaallly rough idea of what happens. But there are still many strands waving wildly around and I have no idea where I’m going to stuff them, let alone tie them together neatly…

I’m apparently planning it now, but here I am instead!

KazG
    Participant

Sorry @athelstone, just saw your question – I’m Kaz Ginnane over there. I see I’m already friends with @daedalus, @jillybean and @raine πŸ™‚

Athelstone

AAARRRGGHHH! (as it used to say in my comics)

Up with the count. Resisted the temptation to count the 2500 “seed” words that I had before the start. I think I’ll have a couple of hundred more to do before I give up tonight. Remarkable difference in the way I feel about making myself write at this pace which, honestly, isn’t that high a word count, and how I feel when the words are just spilling out anyway. Constantly worried that I’m splattering filler all over the screen and writing boring crap. Still, at least I’m writing shit and that’s JC’s advice. Not saying it’s wrong advice, but it is scary.

Alan Rain
    Participant

Not actually doing this Nano thing in a formal sense, but by a remarkable coincidence, I morphed into creative/productive mode early in November. After a slowish start it’s coming together nicely and I have nearly 12k words down. Done 3k today alone.
    Will it last?

Raine
    Participant

That’s great, @alanr! Hope the flow keeps going. I am in the process of hauling myself over my 25k wall. Getting there, but oof.

Alan Rain
    Participant

@raine that’s even better – assuming 50k is your target. You’re on track.
    Like some others, I can’t write and leave mistakes in. It slows me down, but I’m not concerned. I prefer 25k good words rather than 50k error-riddled ones.

And now I have a title for this supernatural story: The Never Never Item

Elle
    Participant

@alanr β€” intriguing title! I like it.

JaneShuff
    Participant

Yes. Great title. Hope the creative/productive jag lasts.

KazG
    Participant

Well done on the creative burst @alanr – that must feel good. And I really like that title.

Giselle
    Participant

Hello all!
    I thought about doing NaNoWriMo but I don’t have time to write a sentence these days, let alone 50k!
    That being said, I need some motivation so I’d love to do a Denizen’s SloMoWriMo – sounds like perfect motivation, and what great people to do it with!

Alan Rain
    Participant

Thanks for the positive feedback on the title. Still motoring: Just passed 16k. The problem: I’m too far into the plot. Maybe it’s too simple? In danger of being a novella.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.