Almost there for the Monthly Competition. Hurry, hurry, hurry!
Almost there for the Monthly Competition. Hurry, hurry, hurry!
powered by bulletin

New Blog from Emma Darwin

About Forums Den of Writers Blogs New Blog from Emma Darwin

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    JaneShuff
    Participant

http://emmadarwin.typepad.com/thisitchofwriting/2018/09/no-word-count-boot-camp-or-productivity-push-100daysofwriting.html

“No Word Count Boot Camp Or Productivity Push”: #100daysofwriting
    I’ve got a novel to revise.

Raine
    Participant

Go you @janeshuff! I think @skylark, and others have done the 100 day thing and found it helpful. I think I would falter at the weekends – RL being inconsiderate and getting in the way!

Sandra
    Participant

Brilliant blog, as ever, and I’ve done other 100 days things over the years and can vouch for their effectiveness, but this time I too have novels to edit and to write (and in any case have no need of inducement to write every day)

Squidge
    Participant

I did a version of this… Rather than setting myself so many days up front, I just made a grid and marked off one square every time I wrote something. That way, there wasn’t so much pressure if I had to allow myself time off when life got busy or I needed a short break. I always wrote in the date so eventually I worked out that a break of any longer than two days was detrimental to the WIP, but it meant I could have a break without feeling too guilty.

Alan Rain
    Participant

I’m pretty sure I do this anyway, probably 100++ if I’m honest. I see it as essential as I’m in the process of fine-polishing, and we all know a MS has to be as good as possible before submitting to agents. And frankly, if I should miss a day, I would feel guilty.
    Today, I’ve had raging toothache, so I worked on my synopsis.
    Make every day count.

Raine
    Participant

Ugh, toothache is awful @alanr. Hope it eases. I know that guilty feeling for not writing, but sometimes its good to step away for a while too. Or at least that’s what I tell myself when school hols make time to write a rare commodity!

Bit late to this but yes, I’ve done (am doing!) a version of this. It works best when I’m trying to finish something. I’ve got a chart with a chain of squares and the idea is to make the chain as long as possible without breaking it. There’s no daily word count to reach. As long as I write a sentence, I can colour in a square. It’s worked brilliantly for me in the past. At the moment I’m at Day 37 with the current book…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.