Short Story Publication/Competition

About Forums Den of Writers Podium Short Story Publication/Competition

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 129 total)
  • Author
    Elle
    Participant

As a few of us write and submit short stories and flash fiction, I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread where we can all share when a story has been accepted for publication or longlisted/shortlisted in a competition.

In an environment where we have to deal with so many rejections I think it’s important to celebrate the “wins”.

——-

I’ll start: one of my short stories, that a couple of people gave me feedback on the old Cloud has been accepted for publication and will be in the next issue of Barren Magazine.

Pinkbelt
    Participant

Excellent stuff.

Jules
    Participant

That’s great, Elle. Well done 😀

Philippa East
    Participant

Congrats again, Elle!
    And congrats on all your other publications recently too xxx

Daedalus
    Participant

That’s great Elle. What’s the story? Haven’t come across Barren magazine, will look it up. Do let us know when the story is published

Elle
    Participant

Thanks everybody!

@Daedalus
    – the story is called ‘Coming Home’ and it should be published in next month’s issue. It’s a new literary magazine https://barrenmagazine.com

Daedalus
    Participant

Great, will watch out for it

Lindsay Bamfield
    Participant

Congratulations, Elle.

John S Alty
    Participant

Well done L. I keep seeing your work popping up at various magazines and websites – always good.

Daedalus
    Participant

Anyone else? Would be great to keep this going. In that spirit, I’ve had a bit of Vampire fic accepted by Occult Detective Quarterly, which will be in a future issue, as yet uncomfirmed, and a novelette in the anthology Hell’s Empire, which is expected around November.

Hilary
    Participant

Okay then. I’ll join in! Lots of you already know, and have already congratulated me (thank you!) – a story wot I rote came third in this year’s Bath Short Story Award – publication in the anthology later this year, I believe.
    Well done, Daeds and Elle. (And all you others who are slow in coming forward!!!)

KazG
    Participant

Congratulations, Elle, Daeds and Hil 🙂

Er, I have a very little success story to share – my story from the last winter comp run by Ath was long listed for a (small) competition run by a bookstore down here..nothing compared to your successes but it will be in an antho, I believe. So that makes my happy 🙂

Daedalus
    Participant

Can I get a promise from everyone listing acceptances here that as soon as the stories are published they will post something to let us know? Thanks

Elle
    Participant

Congratulations Daedalus, Hilary and KazG!!

I agree any stories that get published, just post a link on here.

Jules
    Participant

I loved that story, Kaz. Well done. Please let us know when it’s out.

@daedalus
    is right – we should definitely jeep this going. And if forum members get sometjing published it would be great if they could return and post a link after publication.

I also have a story in the forthcoming Hell’s Empire anthology. (Watch out for the demonic sheep hee hee) 🙂

John S Alty
    Participant

I’ve had a couple of pieces accepted recently, in EllipsesZine and Across the Margin. Reflex Fiction have also published two pieces.

Knicks
    Participant

Congrats to all of you posting your good news ?

Mad Iguana
    Participant

In a bit of a theme here, I’ve also got a story coming up in Hell’s Empire. It’s not all Denizens in there, though, I swear. At least, I’m pretty sure it isn’t.

Woolleybeans
    Participant

It’s not just Denizens, but I also have a story in Hell’s Empire. Mine does not contain sheep.

Daedalus
    Participant

Before we go any further, does anyone here NOT have a story in Hell’s Empire? 😉

Daedalus
    Participant

And good stuff John, those are some really good zines. Are any of the pieces online?

RichardB
    Participant

I don’t have a story in Hell’s Empire…

John S Alty
    Participant

Hi Daeds,
    Yes, if you look under fiction at acrossthemargin.com and at https://www.ellipsiszine.com you should find them. A couple of super stories from @Elle also.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by John S Alty.
    Janette
    Participant

… And now I’ve found this thread!
    Firstly, many congratulations, Elle, Daeds, Hil, Kaz and Jules. I’ll look out for those links.
    I think I’ve already said too many times already, but I have also come first AND second in the same local comp, Pennine Ink, with my two entries. Not stumbling upon this first, I opened a fresh link and posted the link there, but here it is again. https://pennine-ink.weebly.com/competition-results.html

Have I got it right now?

Daedalus
    Participant

Read some of those stories, @johnalty – superb stuff, all with a strong, distinct voice. Even a couple of twists. Looking forward to finding @elle’s stuff too

Elle
    Participant

Actually had a piece published today on Reflex Fiction if anybody wants to have a read, here’s the link:

https://www.reflexfiction.com/a-ghost-story-flash-fiction-by-laure-van-rensburg/

Daedalus
    Participant

Nice one, well done Elle 🙂 Just off to have a read

Daedalus
    Participant

Wow, that’s a heck of a story Elle. Absolutely stunning from first line to last

Elle
    Participant

Thank you @Daedalus — I’m glad you enjoyed it!

Elle
    Participant

My short story ‘Coming Home’ was published in Barren Magazine today https://barrenmagazine.com/coming-home/

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 129 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.