@admin
Active 3 weeks, 5 days ago-
Raine posted an update in the group
Songs of Innocence and Experience 7 years, 1 month ago@sandradavies You choose the BEST character names! 😀
-
Raine posted an update 7 years, 1 month ago
How’re things, Denizens? Hurray and thanks to @athelstone for managing to drag me out of my cave to sign up for his splendid comp. *crawls back into cave to mull choices*
-
Raine joined the group
Songs of Innocence and Experience 7 years, 1 month ago -
Barny joined the group
Songs of Innocence and Experience 7 years, 1 month ago -
Daedalus replied to the topic Monthly comp – August in the forum Monthly Competition 7 years, 1 month ago
I’ve composed mine. I just haven’t written it down yet…
-
Woolleybeans joined the group
Songs of Innocence and Experience 7 years, 1 month ago -
Jules joined the group
Songs of Innocence and Experience 7 years, 1 month ago -
Daedalus joined the group
Songs of Innocence and Experience 7 years, 1 month ago -
Daedalus replied to the topic Mobile phones in the forum The Writers' Lifeboat 7 years, 1 month ago
Brilliant. Love that
-
Daedalus replied to the topic Mobile phones in the forum The Writers' Lifeboat 7 years, 1 month ago
…PS am certainly intrigued by the story’s ending now anyway
-
Daedalus replied to the topic Mobile phones in the forum The Writers' Lifeboat 7 years, 1 month ago
Ref Tony’s previous comment, if a call can’t connect to a mobile it doesn’t always go to voicemail. Plenty of times I’ve called a number and instead of an answer or voicemail, heard something to the effect of ‘the number cannot be reached’ (can’t remember exact wording).
In any case, I think if the caller was worried and desperate to get hold o…[Read more]
-
Daedalus replied to the topic Mobile phones in the forum The Writers' Lifeboat 7 years, 1 month ago
Very good question. You could have a play with the settings on your own phone to see if you can stop it going to voicemail, or set it for a greater number of rings before it does? I’m sure I’ve known mobiles that ring for ages before the go to voicemail, and also as the caller you can cut off the call and ring back almost instantly if the pho…[Read more]
-
Jules replied to the topic Book Two – Out Now in the forum Podium 7 years, 1 month ago
Thanks Elle and Mad 🙂
And Kaz, I am now tempted to do exactly that. ‘Ironside’s Guide to the bizarre Middle Ages’ :’D
-
Jules replied to the topic From Bloom to Blizzard in the forum Podium 7 years, 1 month ago
Congratulations, Squidge. That was a great story 😊
-
Jules replied to the topic Book Two – Out Now in the forum Podium 7 years, 1 month ago
Thanks, @Squidge. Hope you enjoy them 😊
-
Jules started the topic Book Two – Out Now in the forum Podium 7 years, 2 months ago
So, here I am. Sheepishly sidling onto the Podium again because the second book in my historical novella series has been released. I’m aware that I was only here two months ago so I will attempt to be less rambly than I was last time.
For those of you who have already read The King’s Knight Book 1 – Revolt, book 2 – Treason, is available here.
If…[Read more]
-
Daedalus replied to the topic Monthly comp – July 2019 in the forum Monthly Competition 7 years, 2 months ago
Absolutely brilliant competition, and what a crop of entries. Well done Kate – superb bit of prose – and the honourables. Looking forward to this month’s!
-
Raine posted an update 7 years, 2 months ago
I’m away to Cornwall via Bath tmrw for a tour of cousins. I have a pile of editing and the monthly comp to do while away… (don’t say to take time off and relax because I need something to distract me from my in-laws!!). Can English people confirm England is doing sunshine at the moment, please?
-
Best to check forecast, @raine . Showers were predicted for the English west country – I think for tomorrow and Friday??
-
I have relatives in Weston super Mare so keep the forecast for there on my phone. The forecast there is rain on Friday and Saturday and then fine weather again. Daytime temps around 20 degrees, starting to rise a bit from Sunday.
-
-
-
Barny replied to the topic Publishing deal!! in the forum Podium 7 years, 2 months ago
Tremendous news and tremendous writing, you Author, you!
-
Woolleybeans replied to the topic Publishing deal!! in the forum Podium 7 years, 2 months ago
So pleased for you, Kaz. 🙂
- Load More

Zephaniah (surname Poole) is a family name – wish I’d known that before I had my children!
Zephaniah is such a great name. I kind of want it (for myself, not for this challenge!)