@daedalus
Active 1 month, 1 week ago-
Sandra replied to the topic Choices in the forum
All You Need 4 years, 1 month agoHaving a love story already bubbling in my head, I need to change my choice of place to Yarm, but will stick (in finger-crossed ignorance) to ‘Yes there is’.
-
Athelstone replied to the topic The Price of Coal: Senghenydd, 1913 in the forum Blogs 4 years, 1 month ago
You have a calm, authoratative voice that is perfect for these blogs, Richard. I start one of these and it’s like eating something delicious: I can’t stop until it’s finished.
On the topic itself: it’s reassuring to think that we’ve come a long way since those unreconstructed days of holy capital. Then I consider the unreported disaster that has…[Read more]
-
Sandra replied to the topic Monthly Competition – August 2022 in the forum Monthly Competition 4 years, 1 month ago
Change for the better?
I was born in Dovercourt, Essex, in my paternal grandparent’s house, to which they’d moved when my father was five years old. He, being still in the RAF was told of my arrival by telegram. The house was small; too small for five adults (my father’s sister lived there too) and baby, but we lived there for several years…[Read more]
-
RichardB started the topic The Price of Coal: Senghenydd, 1913 in the forum Blogs 4 years, 1 month ago
At 8.00am on the morning of 14 October 1913 the mining village of Senghenydd (Seng-HEN-uth, hard s as in sip, soft th as in clothes), about four miles north-west of Caerphilly, was going about its business as usual. At the Universal Colliery the men of the early shift were underground and had been for two hours or more. The night shift men, who…[Read more]
-
Barry Walsh posted an update 4 years, 1 month ago
Popping in after a long time away. Planning to stay but won’t be writing just yet. Hope all goes well with old friends.
-
-
Athelstone replied to the topic Choices in the forum
All You Need 4 years, 1 month agoMy choices, courtesy of Jules (on my behalf)
Town: Old Sodbury
Choice: No there isn’t
-
Jules replied to the topic Choices in the forum
All You Need 4 years, 1 month agoTown – Droop
Choice – yes there is
-
-
-
-
Janette posted an update 4 years, 1 month ago
Sorry I haven’t been around for so long (and probably missed loads). It has continued to be a busy time for me. More than that, after finding fatal flaws in my current book, I decided on a complete rewrite. I also decided to give York another try, mainly to see what is happening out there in the publishing world, and what they might now be looking…[Read more]
-
Good luck at York, Janette. I hope it provides all the information you need.
-
Hope York goes well – I didn’t pick up on it this year as was already booked for a weekend away in September…which I can’t go to now because of visitors from India! Next year…
-
Thanks, both. I’m hoping it’s going to be a good investment as well as enjoyable. Looking forward to seeing some old friends and hopefully get the ‘York’ feeling. I’ll report back.
-
-
-
Squidge replied to the topic Choices in the forum
All You Need 4 years, 1 month agoJewltown
Yes there is
-
-
-
Libby replied to the topic Choices in the forum
All You Need 4 years, 1 month agoWelston
No, there is not
-
Sandra replied to the topic Choices in the forum
All You Need 4 years, 1 month agoHunsdon, Hertfordshire
Yes there is
-
-
-
- Load More
