John T

  • Janette posted a new activity comment 1 year, 7 months ago

    Thank you for your kind comments, Sea. However I think such a subject would maybe better suited to @johnt3, or perhaps another Welsh writer whose genre is children’s stories.

  • Janette posted a new activity comment 3 years ago

    @johnt3 Good idea. Some of my favourites are children’s books.

  • Janette posted an update 3 years ago

    Joined @johnt3 in giving BlueSky a go. Looking forward to finding more familiar faces there, but I haven’t much to report on yet. My book 2 (way off finishing its rewrite) needs to be closer to ready before I consider which way to get book 1 published. Black dog keeps sitting on my keyboard.

    • There are an increasing number of us there, including a fair few from the Den.

    • Janette, do you mean a real black dog, or black dog in the metaphorical sense?

      • Metaphorical – though just as pesky and stubborn.

        • I know that black dog. It’s hard to shove it out of the way, sometimes. Big cwtches from Wales x

        • Sorry to hear it. It is remarkably adept at confounding all good intentions to write.

          • Thanks, Ath. Yes, writing and reading both confounded. It feels like a midge infestation in my head when I try to take things in or concentrate further than one page. Hopefully, I’ll overpower IT sooner rather than later.

            • My usual remedy for reading problems is to read children’s books. I read a lot – they’re my therapy.

    • Libby replied 3 years ago

      I hope life becomes easier, Janette.

  • Raine posted a new activity comment 7 years ago

    Good luck!! I kind of assumed you’d done it already! Is January the course @johnt3 is also signed up on (for his second time around)?

    • No, I’ve just started. It’s a promising and very varied bunch of writers. Good luck, Athelstone, you’ll enjoy it. PS I’d forgotten how hard the first exercise is!

    • Nope, never done it, although I’ve been on various workshops etc. that touch on some of the modules. I have a feeling it will be a very different thing to be engaged on my own work and working with a group. When I looked the Sept one was full, but I wanted another few months to write some more crap (as Julie C puts it) before starting anyway. All good.

  • Raine posted a new activity comment 7 years ago

    Hal is the weegie, right? He cracks me up slightly & yeah, I remember some pretty fluent swearing going on.
    Hurray for @johnt3 doing so well. I’m not surprised his reading was fantastic. 🙂

    • The scooter went very well, thanks, @squidge. I couldn’t have done York without it (and the help of our friend group, who were awesome). Debi created a messenger group to help us communicate (and so that I could call out for help when needed), which was a brilliant idea and worked so well, I think it should be repeated, injuries or not, next year.…[Read more]

  • KazG posted a new activity comment 7 years ago

    Good luck @johnt3! Yes, whisky for that smokey, throaty burr. That and your wurdz together will knock ’em dead 🙂 Enjoy!

  • Huge congratulations to @madiguana and @johnt3 for reaching the long list of the Bath Novel Award. It’s a stunning achievement and I hope they both win it! Have a wonderful weekend.

  • Amanda Berriman (Skylark) replied to the topic Festival Dreams in the forum Blogs 8 years ago

    Thank you, lovely people! Are you all trying to make me cry?!
    @athelstone wish you’d been there too but we’ll certainly catch up another time and you’re not half bad at the encouragement yourself
    @janette I laughed about the train once I was safely home! And thank you for not setting me off from the front row!
    @johnt3 same fears as me but it was…[Read more]