-
Sandra replied to the topic Receiving an email headed 'Offer of Representation'…. in the forum Podium 8 years, 1 month ago
Superb news Kaz – I’ve always loved your writing so know this is very well deserved. I’ll be in Melbourne in November, but more whizzing in and out a couple of times, on our way elsewhere, Will send you a closer wave, at least.
-
Daedalus replied to the topic Flash Fiction Win – posted in the right place now, I hope ๐ in the forum Podium 8 years, 1 month ago
Fantastic, Janette. Delighted for you. What a lot of power you’ve packed into a few words. Cracking bit of writing and a well deserved winner.
Any plans for the second-place piece?
-
Sandra replied to the topic Flash Fiction Win – posted in the right place now, I hope ๐ in the forum Podium 8 years, 1 month ago
Just read it – told with your usual heart-warming warmth, salted, as always with human reality. Excellent.
-
Jules replied to the topic Flash Fiction Win – posted in the right place now, I hope ๐ in the forum Podium 8 years, 1 month ago
This is brilliant, Janette. 1st and 2nd place. Grinning from ear to ear ๐
-
Sandra replied to the topic Friday night live in the forum Podium 8 years, 1 month ago
Yes, Hel – please do post – here or in our SE Group (not sure you’ve found that?) but let us know where. I definitely want to read it.
-
Sandra replied to the topic Hello All in the forum Coffee Shop 8 years, 1 month ago
Only just found this Janette – brilliant and well-deserved news. Keep us posted.
-
Daedalus replied to the topic Hello All in the forum Coffee Shop 8 years, 1 month ago
Brilliant news Janette – definitely one for the Podium. And make sure you put a note there when the story’s published ๐
-
John S Alty replied to the topic Memories in the forum Critiques 8 years, 1 month ago
Taking on board the comments so far, here’s an edited version, with a title change.
The First Time
Two men wearing overcoats followed the nurse down the corridor.
โFlorence has quite perked up since you arranged this visit so she should be able to answer your questions. Sheโll tire quickly, though, remember sheโs over ninety.โ
โThank you, weโl…[Read more] -
Athelstone replied to the topic Hello All in the forum Coffee Shop 8 years, 1 month ago
Ding ding ding – nope, still true! Brilliant news, Janette. Well done. And yes, it sounds very unusual.
-
Daedalus posted an update 8 years, 1 month ago
I love the smell of good news in the morning. Smells like…victory ๐
-
John S Alty replied to the topic Memories in the forum Critiques 8 years, 1 month ago
Thanks Tony, good points, noted.
Thanks, Elle. I guess my spell checker doesn’t speak French! Good points. I think I have a tendency to over-explain or I would have ended it at “He was my first”. Need to trust the reader more. The telly paragraph is a bit of a cop out – I’ll need to rewrite it.I can’t remember what the original prompt was, but I…[Read more]
-
Daedalus replied to the topic Den monthly competition September 2018 in the forum Competitions, Open calls and Writing Opportunities 8 years, 1 month ago
You’re welcome, Bren. Lovely to see so many familiar names, indeed
-
-
-
-
Daedalus posted an update 8 years, 1 month ago
Well done Denizens – @bric‘s The Chemical Detective will be the next book read by the Waterstones reader Fiona Sharp ๐
-
-
-
-
- Load More
