Just a few days left for the Monthly Competition. Hurry, hurry, hurry!
Just a few days left for the Monthly Competition. Hurry, hurry, hurry!
powered by bulletin

Hello All

About Forums Den of Writers Coffee Shop Hello All

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 115 total)
  • Author
    Philippa East
    Participant

I have packed my few belongings and scrambled over here. Looking forward to setting up camp (den?) with you all.
    x Philippa

Daedalus
    Participant

Hi Philippa, thanks for dropping in, great to see you. How are things going with the novel etc at the moment?

Daedalus
    Participant

Oh, and a litle tip if you hadn’t picked up on it already – if you click on ‘Activity’ at the top, you get a Cloud style ‘wall’

Philippa East
    Participant

Thanks for the tip, Daeds. Also trying to edit my profile pic…. might need to try on laptop rather than iPad.
    Novel is going okay, thanks. Just sent latest round of edits to my (!!!!) agent.
    How’s your writing going??

Jules
    Participant

Hi Phillipa 🙂 great to see you here.

Daedalus
    Participant

Exciting stuff! Are you allowed to say any more about it at the moment? My writing’s going OK thanks. Got some good feedback on my on-again, off-again WIP which has helped with the enthusiasm. Getting ready for the release of the second William the Conqueror novel Jillybean and I co-wrote

Barny
    Participant

Yes. Would be nice if Activity was the default view, rather than getting a rather blank page and having to click Activity every time.

JaneShuff
    Participant

Hi Philippa and welcome!

Knicks
    Participant

Hullo, Phillapa! Nice to have you here ^.^
    Welcome!

RichardB
    Participant

Glad to see you here, Philippa. Welcome to the Den!

Mad Iguana
    Participant

Evenin’ Philippa. Nice to see you. Pull up a seat and have a cuppa.

KazG
    Participant

Hi Phillippa, we don’t know each other but looking forward to that changing in the den! Welcome.

KazG
    Participant

Philippa, even…

John T
    Participant

*peeks round corner* ‘Anyone in?’

Barny
    Participant

Hi John! Welcome. Have a cup of coffee, or two. The barista will do those fancy patterns in the foam if you ask him nicely.

John T
    Participant

Ooh, I like those fancy patterns!

Daedalus
    Participant

Hi John, nice to see you. You have a great pattern. Mine was a sort of muddy grey-brown

Jules
    Participant

Hi John. Nice to see you here 🙂

Woolleybeans
    Participant

Hi, humans.

Knicks
    Participant

Hey John. Welcome to the Den 😀

Welcome!

Barny
    Participant

I would like to like this post of yours, but a) the editor has reverted to the HTML one which doesn’t seem to let me @ you, and b) there isn’t a like bitton/icon/link.

So I’ll just have to say: I like your post!

Barny
    Participant

Pip pip, WB.

Knicks
    Participant

Isn’t it that you can only @ people on the activity walls, and not in the forum threads? Still trying to find my feet with it all.

Barny
    Participant

Ah, could be. In which case, perhaps that’s also why I get a different HTML editor in a thread.

Barny
    Participant

Hi Philippa – make yourself comfy.

Raine
    Participant

Sorry, P, I didn’t see this and posted on the main wall instead! So, edits back to agent – yay! And eek. 🙂 DId she give you a timeline for getting back (although agents seem marginally allergic to timelines as far as I can tell!)

Philippa East
    Participant

Hello All!
    Lovely to be here, and thanks for the cuppa. Just what the doctor ordered. 🙂

Well, following on from my news back on the ol’ Cloud forum a few months ago, after signing with agent Sarah Manning, I completely wrote the book as planned. That was a real slog, but I got there.

I sent the initial draft of that to her in June. Thankfully, she was very happy with (PHEW). Now we are editing it. I have just sent an initial round of edits off to her, and I’m waiting on her feedback on that.

As we all know, editing can go on for AGES, and this is basically a whole new book, so it will be a while yet, I think, before we are ready to sub to publishers. But I’ll keep you posted!

I’m really looking forward to hearing how the rest of you are getting on. Congrats, Daeds, on the publication of the WtC book!!!

xx

John T
    Participant

That’s brilliant, Philippa! I’m submitting two novels at the same time in different ways: one to agents and one to small presses, because it got a lot of praise but no offers from agents. And I’m busy writing the next book: making good progress after a research visit to its setting in Cardiff, where I grew up.

Philippa East
    Participant

Great stuff, John T! I wish you all the best of luck with it. Sounds like you’ve done your research well, and are targeting the right options. I did love the sound of your book when you told me about it at York last year. Have you read “Owl Song at Dawn” by Emma Claire Sweeney?

Raine – I seem to have crossed with you!

Philippa East
    Participant

ps does anyone know about rescuing injured snails? I ran over one with the mower this morning, and it completely lost its shell. Now I have it in a Tupperware box next to me on the sofa, not knowing whether it would be kinder of me to just put it out of its misery :/

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 115 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.