@sandradavies
Active 12 hours, 30 minutes ago-
Athelstone replied to the topic Bath Novel Award Successes in the forum Podium 7 years, 3 months ago
AAHHH I need to keep up. Well done you two!
-
Squidge posted an update 7 years, 3 months ago
I really should be keeping the old writing muscles warmed up, but I’m waiting for an edit to be returned, for the publisher’s opinion of Black Ruby (my two lovely betas have pointed out the weaknesses I thought were there, so that’s good!) to come through, and it’s fast approaching the end of term here and I have a whole primary school library to…[Read more]
-
Thinking time maybe, Squidge?
-
YEah, mulling and marinading time! End of terms and holidays are always writing-time killers, aren’t they? I’m sure you’ve thought of it, but I always try to have something I can do on paper over the hols cos I’ve got a much better chance of grabbing ten minutes with pen than on computer (especially as it’s an old beast that takes 30 mins to power…[Read more]
-
-
didn’t I reply to this too?? Cos it’s GAWN…
-
Can’t believe how busy end of term is…
Yep, can do bits and pieces on paper, but I’m wary of putting too much effort in now if things change much further back and have an impact on later work. Such a fine balance. Doing lots of reading instead.
-
Reading is excellent @squidge. I’m not doing enough of that and feeling the lack myself. It’s such a good way of ‘filling the well’ isn’t it? Enjoy!
-
-
-
-
Raine replied to the topic Bath Novel Award Successes in the forum Podium 7 years, 3 months ago
I said on Twooter but for double emphasis – YAY!!! So pleased for both of you. Totally deserved and fingers are crossed for the shortlist!
-
Seagreen replied to the topic Bath Novel Award Successes in the forum Podium 7 years, 3 months ago
😀 Well done, both of you!
-
Philippa East replied to the topic Bath Novel Award Successes in the forum Podium 7 years, 3 months ago
Oh my goodness, this is amazing!!! Massive congratulations to you both. What a brilliant Den success!
-
Thea replied to the topic Bath Novel Award Successes in the forum Podium 7 years, 3 months ago
Wow, many congratulations to you both! Well done.
-
Bella replied to the topic Bath Novel Award Successes in the forum Podium 7 years, 3 months ago
Fab news. I wish both of you could win, and I certainly hope you both make the shortlist.
-
Bella replied to the topic Help with a Title, please. in the forum The Writers' Lifeboat 7 years, 3 months ago
Brainstorming here. Like Squidge, I love your working title. Limelight does nothing for me. Sorry.
Maybe turn things around:
The Improbable Life of an Ulster Storyteller – a Lyttle blarney goes a long way.
Or
Are you sitting comfortably? Then let me tell you a Lyttle story.
Or
Hold The Front Page – the improbable life of an Ulster storyteller
-
Squidge replied to the topic Help with a Title, please. in the forum The Writers' Lifeboat 7 years, 3 months ago
First off, I prefer your original working title – Limelight doesn’t say much to me, but the play on words makes me wonder who Lyttle was, and what sort of ‘long way’ was it? Journey? Promotion? Makes it sound quite comedic, too. It would certainly attract interest, regardless of whether anyone knows of your ancestor or not.
With your subtitle,…[Read more]
-
Squidge replied to the topic Bath Novel Award Successes in the forum Podium 7 years, 3 months ago
Wow! Saw John’s news but didn’t realise Mad was in the longlist too! Flippin’ well done to both of you xx
-
Kate replied to the topic Bath Novel Award Successes in the forum Podium 7 years, 3 months ago
What lovely news. Congratulations both of you.
-
KazG replied to the topic Bath Novel Award Successes in the forum Podium 7 years, 3 months ago
Oh wow, BOTH of you? That is just brilliant, I’m so pleased to hear it! A big achievement right there. Congratulations! xx
-
Pinkbelt replied to the topic Bath Novel Award Successes in the forum Podium 7 years, 3 months ago
Here, here. Well done chaps!!!
-
John T replied to the topic Bath Novel Award Successes in the forum Podium 7 years, 3 months ago
Thank you, Jane!
-
JaneShuff started the topic Bath Novel Award Successes in the forum Podium 7 years, 3 months ago
Huge congratulations to @madiguana and @johnt3 for reaching the long list of the Bath Novel Award. It’s a stunning achievement and I hope they both win it! Have a wonderful weekend.
-
Raine posted an update 7 years, 3 months ago
A reminder for anyone wanting to post in the May/June comp … 10 days left. Post either (or both, if you like) 400 words beginning of a work in progress, or a 400word flash based in your old school after hours.
-
Daedalus replied to the topic Multiple Den Success in the forum Podium 7 years, 3 months ago
Many thanks Jane and Thea! If anyone who has read it could consider leaving a review on Amazon and/or Goodreads, that would be wonderful. Thanks for your review Squidge, delighted you liked it
-
Thea replied to the topic New Book Release: Revolt (The King's Knight) in the forum Podium 7 years, 3 months ago
Congratulations, Jules your book looks fab – I’m looking forward to starting the series! Also, really enjoyed reading about your research, especially re the horses. It made me wonder whether you’d written a short story for the winter challenge that featured a talking horse, but maybe my imagination is running away with me…
-
Thea replied to the topic Multiple Den Success in the forum Podium 7 years, 3 months ago
Well done, Denizens, what a great concept, am looking forward to reading all the stories.
-
Jules replied to the topic New Book Release: Revolt (The King's Knight) in the forum Podium 7 years, 3 months ago
Thanks, Jim. And I’m so glad you enjoyed the Oath and Crown duology 😊
- Load More
