@sandradavies
Active 14 hours, 56 minutes ago-
Julie Cordiner replied to the topic Pitching opportunity for northern writers in the forum Competitions, Open calls and Writing Opportunities 8 years ago
I might have a go at this, although none of the agents specifically mentions historical fiction so I guess I’d be limited to the one who says genre fiction. Does anyone know anything about the agency please?
I have had no contact with any agencies so far – am tempted to indie publish as I do for my non-fiction – but I fancy dipping my toe in the…[Read more]
-
Jonathan replied to the topic Pitching opportunity for northern writers in the forum Competitions, Open calls and Writing Opportunities 8 years ago
@Raine they replied saying if the MS had been turned down and not re-worked, then don’t resubmit, but if it has been reworked and the writer feels it could benefit from another look, then repitch. That answers that! I’ll have to check to see what I sent.
-
Raine replied to the topic Pitching opportunity for northern writers in the forum Competitions, Open calls and Writing Opportunities 8 years ago
@janette, yeah chuck one in. There’s probably a fairly small chance of actually being selected to pitch, so no harm in trying out.
-
Raine replied to the topic Pitching opportunity for northern writers in the forum Competitions, Open calls and Writing Opportunities 8 years ago
Prob worth asking, @jd73. It says not eligible to anyone who’s attended previous pitching sessions, but nothing about previous subs. Maybe pitch to a different agent?
-
Jonathan replied to the topic Pitching opportunity for northern writers in the forum Competitions, Open calls and Writing Opportunities 8 years ago
Does anyone know if an MS we have submitted to them before (unsuccessfully) is eligible for this event, if it has had a rewrite? If no-one knows, I’ll ask them.
-
Janette replied to the topic Pitching opportunity for northern writers in the forum Competitions, Open calls and Writing Opportunities 8 years ago
Thank you for this, Raine, most interesting. I’m not sure if I can get mine to a pitchable standard in time, but I’m tempted to give it a go, perhaps squeezing a late submission as they only want to see the opener. Then, if lucky, I’ll have another 5 weeks to work on the rest. Or does this sound a little too frantic?
-
-
-
-
-
Daedalus replied to the topic Short Story Publication/Competition in the forum Podium 8 years ago
Wow, @elle – what a story. Breathtaking. And the magazine is so beautiful too. Really well done
-
Elle replied to the topic Short Story Publication/Competition in the forum Podium 8 years ago
Thank you!
-
Seagreen replied to the topic Pitching opportunity for northern writers in the forum Competitions, Open calls and Writing Opportunities 8 years ago
Ooh! Interesting.
-
-
Philippa East replied to the topic Short Story Publication/Competition in the forum Podium 8 years ago
Congrats @elle!
-
Thea posted an update in the group
A Room with a View 8 years agoPhew! Choices now posted – talk about leaving things until the last minute. Have been on hols in France but am home now and attempting to catch up with everything.
-
-
-
-
- Load More
