@sandradavies
Active 5 hours, 30 minutes ago-
Athelstone replied to the topic replying to agent rejections in the forum Coffee Shop 7 years ago
Do you mean that you sent a ‘thank you’ to the agents after they declined? I haven’t done that in the past. Not that I’ve made many submissions lately.
-
Hilary started the topic replying to agent rejections in the forum Coffee Shop 7 years ago
What’s your experience? What are your thoughts?
I’ve been submitting to agents this summer and had a few full requests (all subsequently declined) and several other declines. Initially I replied (just thank you) to the ones who’d requested the full, and one or two others I’d met, and not to the others since I’d read somewhere that agents don’t…[Read more] -
Hilary replied to the topic Syllabus and course materials. in the forum
Andrew Wille's DIY MA course 7 years agoFantastic @woolleybeans. Thank you so much for this.
-
Kate replied to the topic Syllabus and course materials. in the forum
Andrew Wille's DIY MA course 7 years agoGreat analysis @woolleybeans. Thanks for the work. I’d better go get those books.
-
Bella replied to the topic Syllabus and course materials. in the forum
Andrew Wille's DIY MA course 7 years ago@woolleybeans – wow.Well done. I’ve just shelled out for the required texts, so am ready to go (all on Kindle save for Ursula le Guin which is only available in hard copy as far as I could see)
-
Raine replied to the topic Syllabus and course materials. in the forum
Andrew Wille's DIY MA course 7 years agoSpot the person with lots of actual experience structuring study programmes! Thank you so much @woolleybeans this is just what we needed, and sounds like it should accommodate everyone’s needs.
I say we go with this & if we need to review how it’s working after the first few 3 week blocks, then by that point we should have a much clearer idea of…[Read more] -
Squidge posted an update in the group
Andrew Wille’s DIY MA course 7 years agoWow, WB – that’s really comprehensive! Thank you. Also makes me realise I need to print out Andrew’s course outline and read it through properly…
I’d be glad of an October start, cos I’m trying to set new routines around an empty nest, and it’ll be good to focus on something other than the lack of guitar playing and a deserted bedroom… ;)…[Read more]
-
Seagreen posted an update in the group
Andrew Wille’s DIY MA course 7 years agoI am both looking forward to this (the thought of it excites me) and dreading it (worried that I’ll fall behind) but in the face of WB’s wonderfully thought out plan, I’m sharpening the pencils and saying ‘Bring it on!’
-
Athelstone replied to the topic September 2019 in the forum Monthly Competition 7 years ago
Oh yes, 373(ish)
-
Athelstone replied to the topic September 2019 in the forum Monthly Competition 7 years ago
Tortoiseshell Specs
I wear tortoiseshell specs. My dear old mum did too. And Dad. A family tradition that I hadn’t really thought about. I mean, we had so many things that I hardly even noticed. Family traditions, that is. There were words we used that I thought were just normal. Mum called me dinny if I did something daft and lairy when I was n…[Read more]
-
Elle replied to the topic Short Story Publication/Competition in the forum Podium 7 years ago
Thanks @janeshuff & @katemachon !
-
JaneShuff replied to the topic Syllabus and course materials. in the forum
Andrew Wille's DIY MA course 7 years agoI’m in the camp that would prefer a bit of a timetable but can I just clarify something and sorry if this has been dealt with elsewhere.
Year 1 consists of the Craft Seminars,the first year of writing workshop and the first year of the professional development masterclas.
The Craft Seminars of which there are fifteen IMO lend themsleves to a…[Read more]
-
Raine replied to the topic Syllabus and course materials. in the forum
Andrew Wille's DIY MA course 7 years agoOk, I can understand that. I guess it’s a balance, isn’t it? Between providing a timetable for those of us who like structure (I prob count myself there), and not excluding people whose other commitments make that timetable unfeasable. … And getting caught in an infinite loop of trying to decide a timetable that fits everyone! … AND not…[Read more]
-
Kate replied to the topic Short Story Publication/Competition in the forum Podium 7 years ago
Fabulous Elle – well done.
-
JaneShuff replied to the topic Short Story Publication/Competition in the forum Podium 7 years ago
Fantastic achievement @elle! Congratulations
-
Elle replied to the topic Short Story Publication/Competition in the forum Podium 7 years ago
Found out a couple of days ago that both flash fiction I entered in the Storgy Magazine Flash Fiction Competition have made it on the shortlist and both will be published in the competition chapbook!
-
-
Hilary replied to the topic Syllabus and course materials. in the forum
Andrew Wille's DIY MA course 7 years agoI think I like Squidge’s idea, because I’d be better with some discipline.
-
Jonathan replied to the topic September 2019 in the forum Monthly Competition 7 years ago
Seed Cathedral
It was not the first of its kind but it was the one which marked the moment past which things would not return. There were too many and they were too popular. And tomorrow was my day. Today was Alfie’s – my brother.
“We who hold our rockets,” said the priest, garbed in a sheet in the roofless shadow of the abbey, “sit together…[Read more]
-
Squidge replied to the topic Syllabus and course materials. in the forum
Andrew Wille's DIY MA course 7 years agoThe only issue with doing multiple units is that we could end up with people later on having no buddies to do that unit with? I’d rather it was ‘organised’ in that there’s a definite time for each unit to be completed over, simply because that means I can be more disciplined about an approach, rather than wondering what’s on and whether I want to…[Read more]
- Load More
