@seagreen
Active 9 hours, 57 minutes ago-
Sandra replied to the topic Monthly Competition – August 2021 in the forum Monthly Competition 5 years, 1 month ago
Late to this, but well done indeed @Knicky, for a poetic tale. Also to @Athelstone – I too had a lane like that in the place where I was born, which decades later had its magic buried beneath tarmac.
Thanks @Seagreen for the challenge and the feedback – I did enjoy the opportunity to just play. -
Knicks replied to the topic Monthly Competition – August 2021 in the forum Monthly Competition 5 years, 1 month ago
😃 Thank you, @seagreen, for the competition and for choosing my piece! I’m so glad you enjoyed it, it was most delicious to write. I took inspiration from what came to mind with the prompt, which was that scene in Disney’s Beauty and the Beast when Maurice (Belle’s dad) was on his way to the science fair with his invention, and Phillipe (the…[Read more]
-
Libby replied to the topic Monthly Competition – August 2021 in the forum Monthly Competition 5 years, 1 month ago
Congratulations @knickylaurelle . A wonderful story, so beautifully written. Thank you @seagreen for the competition.
-
Knicky L. Abbott replied to the topic Chit Chat in the forum
Coming Home 5 years, 1 month ago@sandradavies @seagreen Big fan of literary hook-ups and fiesty MCs 😁😁
-
Athelstone posted an update in the group
Coming Home 5 years, 1 month agoRe Choices, and especially @seagreen and @knickylaurelle who have posted choices. Sorry, I inadvertently put up an old version of the lists which omitted “animal” from choice 1.
A reminder that everybody is free to change choices until the group closes.
-
Libby replied to the topic Chit Chat in the forum
Coming Home 5 years, 1 month ago@seagreen I’m hooked straightaway by a character called Piety.
-
Libby replied to the topic Monthly competition July 2021 in the forum Monthly Competition 5 years, 2 months ago
Ah yes, I wondered about the various roles of garnet @seagreen after I’d started looking it up. I’d no idea. It’s very interesting. Geology in general, not just the applied stuff, always feels like a significant gap in my knowledge.
Those rigs have a fascination even for a landlubber like me. The meeting of elements perhaps. At sea but fixed -…[Read more]
-
Sandra replied to the topic Monthly competition July 2021 in the forum Monthly Competition 5 years, 2 months ago
@Seagreen, the ‘lightweight’ of your entry was in the well-chosen words; that they so well-expressed the solidity, the impact of that moment was the really clever bit. Thank you for this explanation.
-
Libby replied to the topic Monthly competition July 2021 in the forum Monthly Competition 5 years, 2 months ago
Wow! This is the best collection of stories I’ve read in response to a single competition. They’re a joy to read and completely daunting to judge.
What impressed me most, on top of all the individual skills displayed, is that every piece is such a distinct rendition of the author’s voice. I’ve read most of you before and could recognise you in…[Read more]
-
Athelstone posted an update 5 years, 4 months ago
@seagreen ‘s monthly comp? Can’t be just me people? Surely… Come on! The topics a cracker.
-
Sandra posted a new activity comment 5 years, 5 months ago
@seagreen: idea and opening line arrived soon as I read this, but the rest of it is taking time to emerge. Will get there eventually, I promise.
-
Sandra posted an update 5 years, 5 months ago
Monthly competition: April passed unnoticed, and I had @Seagreen remind me I’d set a competition (my head down, editing) so watch this space for whatever theme @Seagreen sets, and please, please make the effort both for her and to keep the flame alive!!
-
Sandra replied to the topic Monthly competition April 2021 in the forum Monthly Competition 5 years, 5 months ago
Good heavens!! What happened to April? I completely forgot I’d set a competition, was somewhat startled to discover it was May, but I do like this – rings some bells since, apart from invisible, April seems to have been a retrospective month, for more than me.
So without further ado, I’m handing the baton for May’s competition to you -…[Read more]
-
Sandra replied to the topic Monthly Comp – March 2021 in the forum Monthly Competition 5 years, 6 months ago
Thank you @Athelstone and @seagreen. Also thanks @Janette for a prompt which enabled me to try out a reason for a murder.
-
Sandra replied to the topic Monthly competition November 2020 in the forum Monthly Competition 5 years, 10 months ago
Good question @Seagreen. I checked with the story that inspired it (A L Kennedy’s ‘Sympathy’) and the answer’s pure dialogue, please. The difficulty of it is part of the challenge.
-
Raine replied to the topic Monthy Comp – September 2020 in the forum Monthly Competition 6 years ago
Just remembered to check in… Well done @seagreen!! It’s a fab story! And thank you @janette for the kind feedback and giving me a lunchtime prompt! 😊
-
John S Alty replied to the topic Monthy Comp – September 2020 in the forum Monthly Competition 6 years ago
Well done, @seagreen, excellent story.
-
Athelstone replied to the topic Monthy Comp – September 2020 in the forum Monthly Competition 6 years ago
Great stuff @seagreen. Super story.
-
Libby replied to the topic Monthy Comp – September 2020 in the forum Monthly Competition 6 years ago
Congratulations @seagreen. I love the voice in your story.
- Load More
