-
Seagreen started the topic Monthly Competition – May 2021 in the forum Monthly Competition 5 years, 5 months ago
May the Force be with you… 🙂
You are the person who sweeps the streets. In 350 words (or thereabouts), I’d like you paint me a picture of your setting, your character and your situation.
Have at it!
-
Seagreen replied to the topic Monthly competition April 2021 in the forum Monthly Competition 5 years, 5 months ago
Um… not sure that’s what I intended when I posted but, since it’s you, I’ll run with it 🙂
I’ll get my thinking cap on and come back to this.
-
Sandra posted an update 5 years, 5 months ago
Monthly competition: April passed unnoticed, and I had @Seagreen remind me I’d set a competition (my head down, editing) so watch this space for whatever theme @Seagreen sets, and please, please make the effort both for her and to keep the flame alive!!
-
Sandra replied to the topic Monthly competition April 2021 in the forum Monthly Competition 5 years, 5 months ago
Good heavens!! What happened to April? I completely forgot I’d set a competition, was somewhat startled to discover it was May, but I do like this – rings some bells since, apart from invisible, April seems to have been a retrospective month, for more than me.
So without further ado, I’m handing the baton for May’s competition to you -…[Read more]
-
Seagreen replied to the topic Monthly competition April 2021 in the forum Monthly Competition 5 years, 5 months ago
@sandradavies Didn’t work out the way I wanted, and too late to be of any use, but I thought I’d post it anyway… 🙂
EROSION
And it’s just enough to harm
It’s just enough to make its markIs it just me, or has that guy got a voice like a Brillo pad?
Actually…
…could you turn it down?
It’s making me maudlin.
No, seriously. Turn it down.
Or,…[Read more] -
Sandra posted an update 5 years, 5 months ago
Browsing on iplayer, I came across this short and sweet account of writers who count their book sales in millions: h t t p s://w w w.b b c. co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000rs9l/mills-and-boon-writing-for-love-in-northern-ireland
-
Sandra posted an update 5 years, 5 months ago
I’m hoping participants in ‘Songs of innocence and experience’ will be as interested in sharing as some are of reading origins of the stories begun back in October 2019
-
Sandra replied to the topic Formatting for self-publishers in the forum Coffee Shop 5 years, 6 months ago
🙂 Confess I haven’t checked it out
-
Sandra started the topic Formatting for self-publishers in the forum Coffee Shop 5 years, 6 months ago
Debi Alper posted this on FB: available from Blot Publishing:
“The Indie Author’s Guide to Formatting Your Paperback” by Leigh Forbes – a guide for independent authors who want their self-published typography to look like professional typography. 🙂
Paperback and ebook coming in April 2021. -
-
-
Sandra replied to the topic Monthly Comp – March 2021 in the forum Monthly Competition 5 years, 6 months ago
Thank you @Athelstone and @seagreen. Also thanks @Janette for a prompt which enabled me to try out a reason for a murder.
-
Seagreen replied to the topic Monthly Comp – March 2021 in the forum Monthly Competition 5 years, 6 months ago
Congratulations, Sandra! 😊 And well done to Ath and Daeds. All brilliant entries!
Thanks for the prompt, Janette, that encouraged me to try something completely different 👍
-
Sandra started the topic Monthly competition April 2021 in the forum Monthly Competition 5 years, 6 months ago
Using a tried and trusted formula, I’d like you to start with the opening line of track 11 from Arab Strap’s ‘As days get dark’ and take it wherever you will. Maximum word count 350 please, deadline Friday 30th April.
“And it’s just enough to hurt, it’s just enough to make its mark”.
-
Sandra replied to the topic Monthly Comp – March 2021 in the forum Monthly Competition 5 years, 6 months ago
Wow. Thank you Janette, I’d relaxed, confident of having been entertainingly pipped at the post. Will drag myself from editing and see what I can come up with.
-
Janette replied to the topic Monthly Comp – March 2021 in the forum Monthly Competition 5 years, 6 months ago
Wow, who would have guessed that no take-up would transform into four superb entries that I can’t fit a gnat’s wing between. I’ve read and re-read, and gone out for a walk – and here are my conclusions, before I change my mind:
Sandra – Catalyst
A gritty, rich voice taking us through a concise, gripping read and an unexpected but brilliantly…[Read more]
-
Sandra replied to the topic Monthly Comp – March 2021 in the forum Monthly Competition 5 years, 6 months ago
I’m thinking Janette should be careful what she wished for – I guess her task has just quadrupled!
-
Janette replied to the topic Monthly Comp – March 2021 in the forum Monthly Competition 5 years, 6 months ago
last (24hr-ish) shout for the monthly comp (do we still want to keep this going in its current form?). Already we have two excellent entries, but one or two more would be lovely.
-
Sandra replied to the topic Drink with a dead man in the forum Podium 5 years, 6 months ago
Thank you Jane – and Kate and Raine – it’s always good to get positive feedback, and Carol’s was more incisive that I could have managed. (I’m still grinning)
-
Sandra replied to the topic Drink with a dead man in the forum Podium 5 years, 6 months ago
If anyone is wondering about splashing out on a print version of any of the ‘Love triangles with murder’ series, Blurb has a SHIP4FREE offer – at their usual rate of £6.99 for one book this is of considerable value, but offer ends 30th March
h t t p s://w w w.blurb.co.uk/user/SandraDavies…
Use the code SHIP4FREE - Load More

@seagreen: idea and opening line arrived soon as I read this, but the rest of it is taking time to emerge. Will get there eventually, I promise.
I never doubted you!