Almost there for the Monthly Competition. Hurry, hurry, hurry!
Almost there for the Monthly Competition. Hurry, hurry, hurry!
powered by bulletin

Hello All

About Forums Den of Writers Coffee Shop Hello All

Viewing 25 posts - 91 through 115 (of 115 total)
  • Author
    Knicks
    Participant

Heya, Baz! Welcome to The Den ?

Claire Waller
    Participant

Den of Writers, I am in you!

At last.

With the help of Jules.

… still as inept as ever, me.

Hello, everyone! *waves*

^_^

Jules
    Participant

Really good to see you here, Claire 😀

Daedalus
    Participant

Woohoo! Hi CJ

Knicks
    Participant

Nice to have you here, Claire ?
    Welcome

Stevie
    Participant

Phew! Managed to clamber aboard, soaking and dripping. Hi to all and thanks to the folks who nailed this site together.

Mad Iguana
    Participant

Hiya Baz, JT, CJ, Stevie. What a lot of folks there are.

Janette
    Participant

Am I putting this in the right place???
    Anyhow, presuming I am, here is another with some exciting news to share. This year I decided to try my hand at external comps, but put them behind me as the lack of news seemed to confirm I was a novice at it.
    … until this morning, when I received an email from Pennine Ink Writers’ Workshop, confirming I have not only won their flash fiction competition for 2018, but came second too! How unusual is that? – or am I going to hear the morning alarm going off any time now?

Athelstone

Ding ding ding – nope, still true! Brilliant news, Janette. Well done. And yes, it sounds very unusual.

Daedalus
    Participant

Brilliant news Janette – definitely one for the Podium. And make sure you put a note there when the story’s published 🙂

Raine
    Participant

J. That’s AMAZING! You are storming the flash scene! Are they putting together an anthology? Or website publication, or something?

And yeah, when you have a pub date/name, pop it on the Podium forum so’s we can all cheer.

JaneShuff
    Participant

Massive congratulations Janette. Looking forward to reading it!

Sandra
    Participant

Only just found this Janette – brilliant and well-deserved news. Keep us posted.

Alan Rain
    Participant

Hi,
    I came across this site by accident while browsing Twitter. So glad to have it, and much appreciation to the folk(s) who set it up.

Daedalus
    Participant

Hi Alan, good to make your acquaintance

Jules
    Participant

Hi Alan 🙂 Welcome to the Den

Squidge
    Participant

Good to know Mashie’s Twittery thing’s working! (says she who has no idea how to Twitter). Good to have you on board, Alan.

Alan Rain
    Participant

Thanks, Daedalus, Jules & Squidge.
    I think some of the members here were in Writewords and also the Writer’s Workshop Cloud.
    Time moves on, but I’m still working on my first novel. At last, at last, I’m ready to submit to agents.

Barny
    Participant

@Squidge – I think you meant to thank @madiguana, the Admin who is custodian of the Den’s twitter channel 🙂

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by Barny.
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by Barny.
    Daedalus
    Participant

Big step @alanr – best of luck with the subs, keep us posted with your progress

Squidge
    Participant

oops – my bad! Sorry, Mad!!

Mad Iguana
    Participant

No worries, @Squidge. Great to see people finding the site from wherever they come.
    And Hi Alan!

Raine
    Participant

Good luck @alanr! If you want a hand with cover letters etc, then post in the Forum & I (and others) will be happy to throw some advice at you! 🙂

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by Raine.
    Alan Rain
    Participant

Thanks Lorraine,
    At FOW18, I had two 1-to-1s. One was encouraging, the other quite negative. My cover letter was described as ‘tidy’, which I guess means it lacks punch. I know it was self-deprecating, because it’s just not me to boast. I can try to step it up a tad.

Raine
    Participant

@alanr It’s definitely v tricky to find a balance between not selling yourself enough, and being horribly ott, isn’t it? Factual seems to work best. Actually ‘tidy’ isn’t bad! Means you havent waffled on too long or included unnecessary info which can both be fatal.

Hope the 1:1s gave you some direction for what could be changed, even the not-so-good one?

Viewing 25 posts - 91 through 115 (of 115 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.