Hello All

About Forums Den of Writers Coffee Shop Hello All

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 115 total)
  • Author
    Sandra
    Participant

Phew! Head down editing at the moment – beta readers worth their weight in rubies – but good to be part of this place too.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello you peeps who are still chillin’ in the coffee shop. Mine’s a tea, please. And I bring cake. Zero calories, but delicious.
    What am I doing? Rewriting a novel that’s been over 4 years in the making… so far. It’s getting there. Tortoise not hare!
    Nice to see you all.

Philippa East
    Participant

Hil, you are so on the cusp of great things, I know it. Tortoise like a champion!
    Good luck, Sandra, with your edits. I look forward to hearing more about it!

ps. After reading more advice online, I have put the snail out of its misery. Easiest way (for human and snail) was to quickly run over it with the car. I know. 🙁
    For the record, snails can usually survive if they just have a little chip or crack on their shell, but if you (e.g.) step on them and they’re quite badly smushed, best just to give them a quick death (properly squish them; don’t drown them or use salt, those are awful for them).
    Sometimes it’s hard being a “bleeding heart” artist.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by Philippa East.
    Mad Iguana
    Participant

Evenin’. I’ve just found that I can’t access this forum from work, where I could access the Cloud, but hey ho, such is life.
    Congrats on the great news Philippa. Not the snail thing, that’s pretty horrible. But the book stuff. That’s all great.
    I’ve got a lovely bottle of red wine here, if anyone’s around and fancies a glass.

Woolleybeans
    Participant

I’d love a glass, thanks, Mad.

Mad Iguana
    Participant

Cracking stuff. There ye go.
    There’s a few jelly babies in a bowl (note, not really a bowl, just a half-full bag, but let’s pretend this is posh) on the table (not really a table, just a stool beside the computer desk) too.
    What’s the craic, WB?

Woolleybeans
    Participant

At the moment, I’m wondering how long it is cats can hold grudges for, because my kitten is cross with me.

Ah, lovely wine.

Mad Iguana
    Participant

Cats have long memories, but they’re fickle. I’m sure you can buy back its affection somehow.

Woolleybeans
    Participant

Hopefully. He spends most of his time looking like Father Dougal got incarnated in the body of a kitten, like every single thing in the universe is blowing his tiny kitten mind, so perhaps he’ll get distracted and forget I washed his paws under the tap.

Been getting any writing done, there, Mad?

Mad Iguana
    Participant

You washed him? Oh lordy. You poor thing.

Doing a bit. Not so much as I should, but I’m on chapter 7 of Draft 1 of AsYetUntitledStory, so that’s something. In the middle of a weirdly non-sexy sexy scene, or a weirdly sexy non-sexy scene. Either way, it’s something new.

How’s about you?

• This reply was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by Mad Iguana.
    Woolleybeans
    Participant

Once again working up to redrafting the same novel I keep coming back to.

He had stuff on his paws that really had to go, and I am used to dogs, and my dogs get washed if I say they do, so I just…picked him up to rinse him.

Pinkbelt
    Participant

Hello everybody. Nice to be amongst such great company.

Pinkbelt
    Participant

What am I doing? Finally getting ready to submit after a re-write and lots of editing. Like Hil I’m a couple of years in, but finally taking the plunge.

I might also use Alth’s comp to plot my next wip. It worked for this one.

Daedalus
    Participant

Hi PB, hope you’re well

Knicks
    Participant

*pounces on Hil and gives Philippa a hug because she had to do a very hard thing indeed.* I love snails. I feel like if I ever hit anything I love with my car that I’d never drive again. I always look out for little things in the road. I panic having to drive over empty boxes in the street for fear a litter of cuteness is somehow inside. Less so with humans anyhow moving on haha.

Congrats to Philippa and John T. Good luck to everyone with all the writing, re-writing, editing and subbing too.

Welcome to Skylark, PB, Sandra and Thea! 😀

Wine please, Mad. I could really use some.

Knicks
    Participant

P.S. Lols @ WB kitty XD

Philippa East
    Participant

Knicks – thanks! Hug much appreciated. I know. I literally wouldn’t kill a fly. Even a tiny one.

Welcome, Pinkbelt.

This forum already seems to be so energised. It’s great.

RichardB
    Participant

Yes! Lift-off. We have lift-off.

Whoo-hoo, as they say.

Elle
    Participant

Hello everybody,

A little bird told me this was the new place to be.

I’m currently busy writing lots of different things from short stories to longer WIP, and I got a couple of short stories published in the last couple of days which makes up all those earlier rejections.

Happy writing everyone!

Knicks
    Participant

welcome
    Hullo, Laure! Congrats on the published stories. And welcome to The Den ??

Elle
    Participant

Thanks Knicks! 🙂

RichardB
    Participant

Yes, welcome, Laure.

We’ve only been going a few days, but things are already warming up nicely, so stick around.

Philippa East
    Participant

Hi Laure!

Athelstone

” I literally wouldn’t kill a fly. Even a tiny one.” What about a mosquito?

Philippa East
    Participant

Mosquito? Nope.
    I got up from watching TV last night to help a bug about the size of this asterix [*] off my lap and outside.
    I think, why kill it when it would take, like, 5 seconds of my time to save its life? I mean, just coz he’s little an’ all.
    Don’t worry though, in other ways I can be proper horrible. … And sometimes, there are just TOO MANY flies to keep trying to get them all back out of the windows.

Knicks
    Participant

? @ proper horrible, hahaha (It me)

Elle
    Participant

Hi Philippa and Richard!

Athelstone

“Mosquito? Nope.” What about a mosquito with a really bad attitude that’s sitting there on the wall hardly able to stay put because of the weight of blood it’s just scoffed out of your cheek just exactly where EVERYBODY will think it’s a spot, and planning just how to make its saliva more proteiny and anti-coagulanty and generally irritating. But it’s made the mistake of settling on that new washable scrubbable wallpaper you’re itching (DYSWIDT) to try out. What about that one?

• This reply was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by Athelstone.
    Jules
    Participant

I feel like ýou’re talking from personal experience here, Ath ?

Barny
    Participant

Hi Laure. please forgive me if I sound silly aking this question, but should I know you from the Word Cloud?

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 115 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.