Daedalus

  • Libby replied to the topic Flash fiction success in the forum Podium 7 years ago

    Yippee! Brilliant! Fab! I’m so pleased.

  • Squidge replied to the topic Flash fiction success in the forum Podium 7 years ago

    Brilliant news, Kate – well done!!!!

  • Hilary replied to the topic Flash fiction success in the forum Podium 7 years ago

    Well done, Kate! That’s great news.

  • Sandra replied to the topic Flash fiction success in the forum Podium 7 years ago

    Brilliant, Kate – mega congratulations!!!! Really well done!!!

  • JaneShuff replied to the topic Flash fiction success in the forum Podium 7 years ago

    Fantastic! Congratulations!!!! I’ll add a few more!!!

  • John S Alty replied to the topic Flash fiction success in the forum Podium 7 years ago

    Brilliant, Kate. Well done!

  • Seagreen replied to the topic Flash fiction success in the forum Podium 7 years ago

    Excellent news! Congratulations! 🙂

  • Kate started the topic Flash fiction success in the forum Podium 7 years ago

    I’ve just received an e-mail saying I was awarded first place in the Jersey Festival of Words flash fiction competition! I’m bouncing off the walls!

    I get to go to a ceremony and everything! I’ll just add a few more of these !!!!!! to show how excited I am. It’s lovely to have a little success in the sea of rejections!!

  • Squidge posted an update 7 years, 1 month ago

    Anyone from York dropping in to the Den over this weekend? How did Friday Night Live go? How’s Janette’s wheels? And have you all spent a fortune at the bar yet?

    Say hi to all the Denizens and cloudies from me.

    • Good fun. John’s was easily the best but he didn’t win 🙁 Drank my way through a week’s pocket money on Friday. Bit green on Saturday morning. Enjoyable so far. Series of new 2 hour workshops called ‘labs’ this year. Went to Jail Duncan’s “World Building” and he still overran by 25 minutes. He used the f-adjective so many times that after the…[Read more]

      • A blog will be nice. I’ve missed catching up.

        • Looking forward to the blog. Missed the real thing. (Would never like to go to another of H Duncan’s workshops, if that’s who you mean, though I know some think they’re great.)
          Specially sorry to miss John’s reading, which I can quite believe was the best, and seeing ‘Cloudies’/Denizens. Maybe next year. There’s been lots of ‘family stuff’ this…[Read more]

      • Oh, what a shame for John. Hope he got some interest though from the agents? I don’t remember Hal Duncan using the f-bomb when I sat in his workshops a few years ago.
        Fingers crossed that next year, I might be able to go again; currently in the throes of getting T ready for uni a week on Monday (a week earlier than we thought, thanks to Freshers…[Read more]

      • Libby replied 7 years ago

        A blog will be very interesting. Thanks, Ath.

      • Yes, HAL not Jail – never was great at typing onto a phone. Blog when my mind’s all connected back up and the M1 is out of my bloodstream.

        • Raine replied 7 years ago

          Hal is the weegie, right? He cracks me up slightly & yeah, I remember some pretty fluent swearing going on.
          Hurray for @johnt3 doing so well. I’m not surprised his reading was fantastic. 🙂

          • The scooter went very well, thanks, @squidge. I couldn’t have done York without it (and the help of our friend group, who were awesome). Debi created a messenger group to help us communicate (and so that I could call out for help when needed), which was a brilliant idea and worked so well, I think it should be repeated, injuries or not, next year.…[Read more]

  • Tortoiseshell Specs

    It was always worse when you first entered the house – the smell that made you want to hold your breath till you’d opened the windows, and the stuffy heat because she wouldn’t let you.
    ‘She’s asleep, the poor love,’ Thelma picked up her bag. ‘Call me if you need me.’ The door clicked shut behind her.
    Mum’s knitting was in h…[Read more]

  • Squidge posted an update 7 years, 1 month ago

    Looking forward to hearing about York from everyone who’s going… Have a fab time and may you have plenty of ink in your pens! x

  • Hilary posted an update 7 years, 1 month ago

    Am rediscovering why I love writing as I begin work on Squidge’s monthly competition. Thank you Squidge!
    I haven’t been around here much lately, but hello again, and I hope to remedy that, my friends. Novel submitted. ‘Declines’ coming in… but there’s still hope, somewhere. And another novel in the wings.
    Not at York, mainly for family…[Read more]

  • Raine posted an update 7 years, 1 month ago

    Good luck and enjoy to folks heading to York today. Wishing you positive 1-1s and lovely writerly chats.

  • Good. I’ve already started to get to know my character. And I don’t hate him, which is nice 🙂

    • My character is posting the occasional biographical snippet, but I’m afraid to let him off the leach too much …

      • I’m still at the talking-in-his-voice stage. Actually I’ve been at that stage a good while before the comp opened, which is how he got the job 🙂

        Now I just hope I can find him something to do.

  • DREAM WEAVER (267 WORDS INCLUDING TITLE)

    In my dreams I’m strong and fearless. My sword is sharp and silver, but I won’t stab you if I don’t have to: I’ll give you the chance to surrender and walk away.
    But only one chance, mind.
    In my dreams, there are green trees that smell of apples and yellow roses that fill the garden with sunshine. Vampire…[Read more]

  • John T posted an update 7 years, 1 month ago

    Heading to York knowing that I’m performing in Friday Night Live and I have a sore throat. This could be the first ever FNL in sign language!

  • Folks did ask when I was going to do a launch – details here: https://squidgesscribbles.blogspot.com/2019/09/book-launch-tilda-of-merjan.html

    It’s a full daytime event in half term, although half term seems to run over two weeks and this is the first of the two.

    But I have been wondering whether any Denizens would be up for an evening…[Read more]

  • Early because I’m about to go on holiday (and yes, Squidge, definitely Valspar!)

    Battle drab (400 words including title)

    DS Fran Lloyd had visited Lucy before; remembered the picture window framing a stunning view of Edinburgh’s Castle perched on its volcanic mound; the stepped backsides of the buildings fronting the Royal Mile and a sliver o…[Read more]

  • Athelstone posted an update 7 years, 1 month ago

    Calling all writers – this means you! There are 3 weeks left until the group “Songs of Innocence and Experience” becomes private and is closed to new members. This annual short story event has led to winning National Competition entries and inspired novels. It can draw out the best in you and at the very least is tremendous fun. To join, head…[Read more]

  • Load More