@sandradavies
Active 1 day, 10 hours ago-
Elle started the topic Red (short story – 2,600 words) in the forum Critiques 8 years, 1 month ago
Sorry me again! I promise this is the last one from me for a while. As usual always looking for any feedback or suggestions you might have or if you spot any of those mistakes I keep missing.
Thanks!
CAUTION: some violence and some sexual content
—————-
She perched herself on a barstool, relieved not to have to stand on those…[Read more]
-
Jules replied to the topic Friends in the forum Coffee Shop 8 years, 1 month ago
There are two things it does do, John.
1 – it forms one of the filters on what you want to see on the main wall (Activity tab on main menu). You can toggle through the sub menu and choose to only see what friends have said. Right now we’re a small forum of 70 but if we hit a couple of 1000 of active users, you might very well prefer to just see…[Read more]
-
John S Alty replied to the topic Memories in the forum Critiques 8 years, 1 month ago
You mean the coppery tang of blood as her scalpel slices through pale flesh?! Just kidding. I know what you mean, Laure, I need to work on the atmosphere.
I hope this exercise is helping others to get a grasp of what makes a story work – join in everyone. -
John S Alty started the topic Friends in the forum Coffee Shop 8 years, 1 month ago
Can someone explain this “friends” thing? I have seen it on other forums, so I know it’s a recognized feature. And I’ve had “friend requests” to which I always respond positively. What I don’t get is what it does that just being a member of the forum doesn’t. Aren’t we all friends? Confused.
-
Elle replied to the topic Memories in the forum Critiques 8 years, 1 month ago
This reads better and I like that ending much better. One thing I think it’s missing at least for me are smell, colours, touch, little details that makes a scene come alive and differentiate it from other stories. For example, the smells in the nursing home, or when you said the restaurant was shabby, how was it shabby are we talking mismatched…[Read more]
-
Bella replied to the topic Receiving an email headed 'Offer of Representation'…. in the forum Podium 8 years, 1 month ago
How lovely. I’m very happy for you.
-
Athelstone posted an update 8 years, 1 month ago
I feel another tip coming on. Desperate to retrieve something from the Word Cloud? Do you know some distinctive word or phrase in the text? Well, it’s worth a try, but prepare for disappointment. While the Cloud was up and about, Google cached a lot of its content on its own servers. It does this with many sites to speed up searches. So you could…[Read more]
-
Elle replied to the topic Flash Fiction Win – posted in the right place now, I hope 😉 in the forum Podium 8 years, 1 month ago
Congratulations! Read the winning story and it is beautiful and well deserved 1st place.
-
Elle replied to the topic Receiving an email headed 'Offer of Representation'…. in the forum Podium 8 years, 1 month ago
That’s amazing news! Congratulations! Please keep us updated, especially one you have a publication date.
-
Seagreen replied to the topic Receiving an email headed 'Offer of Representation'…. in the forum Podium 8 years, 1 month ago
Oh. My. Giddy. Aunt! Amazing news! So pleased for you!
-
Giselle replied to the topic Flash Fiction Win – posted in the right place now, I hope 😉 in the forum Podium 8 years, 1 month ago
It was lovely to see you again at York, Janette. Bravo for your double-win ! Your story is emotionally rich and poignant without reaching pathos or simplicity. Beautifully done, and a well-deserved victory (victories).
-
Giselle replied to the topic Receiving an email headed 'Offer of Representation'…. in the forum Podium 8 years, 1 month ago
Kaz, this is so exciting – not one bit of good news, but TWO: new agent AND Penguin’s interest! Yes yes yes yes yes!!! Going with the agent you felt the most comfortable with seems the way to go.
I’m so happy for you!
-
Hilary replied to the topic Flash Fiction Win – posted in the right place now, I hope 😉 in the forum Podium 8 years, 1 month ago
Well done, Janette! Good for you.
-
Hilary replied to the topic Receiving an email headed 'Offer of Representation'…. in the forum Podium 8 years, 1 month ago
Hurray! Well done indeed, and all the best for the next steps. Keep us posted.
-
-
Raine replied to the topic Receiving an email headed 'Offer of Representation'…. in the forum Podium 8 years, 1 month ago
Haven’t stopped dancing little happy dances since I heard. 🙂
Ava will be so loved by everyone who meets her. I can’t wait to see where she takes us. (and Jack. I love him a bit) xxx
-
JaneShuff replied to the topic Receiving an email headed 'Offer of Representation'…. in the forum Podium 8 years, 1 month ago
Hi Kaz. I am just so excited and thrilled for you. Am going rund he house with a stupid grin on my face.
-
KazG replied to the topic Receiving an email headed 'Offer of Representation'…. in the forum Podium 8 years, 1 month ago
Thank you all so much. I’m always blown away by the generosity of other writers here 🙂
Jules – you are the one person to have followed Ava all the way through! Thank you again for all your help along the way xx
-
Athelstone replied to the topic Receiving an email headed 'Offer of Representation'…. in the forum Podium 8 years, 1 month ago
Hey, Kaz – fantastic. And really well-deserved!
-
Philippa East started the topic Example Cover Letter in the forum The Writers' Lifeboat 8 years, 1 month ago
As requested, here is a copy of the cover letter I used on submission. (Daeds has asked me to post it in this bit of the forum). It wasn’t actually the version I sent my now-agent Sarah Manning back in 2016, because I didn’t even know to write a proper cover letter the first time I went to FoW, but this is the one I was using when I formally sub…[Read more]
- Load More
